Need some fresh air? Come for a little walk with me

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I got out and did some exploring today and took my trusty camera with me. I love nature and found out about a cozy estate in my area with beautiful gardens on the grounds. I found out my dad had been to this location many times and I never knew it. It was very special for me to visit

Check out the Slideshow for the rest of the series of pictures and ENJOY!

Take a tour with the slideshow!

God Bless,

Fellows

Comments

• Reply 1 of 23
    the thread title is a little 'pederast', fellowship...

nice pictures!
  • Reply 2 of 23
    Nice pics! what camera did you use?
  • Reply 3 of 23
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    Quote:

Originally posted by OSXaddict

Nice pics! what camera did you use?

I used my Sony Digital but I did no justice as I used the lowest resolution setting. One disc will hold almost 1000 pics with that setting.

Fellows
  • Reply 4 of 23
    Fellowship, (enemy of progress ) rules!
  • Reply 5 of 23
    Which Sony? And where was that taken?
  • Reply 6 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by OSXaddict

Which Sony? And where was that taken?

Sony MVC-CD-300 Digital Still Camera with Carl Zeiss Lens

Pictures taken at Weston Gardens
  • Reply 7 of 23
    trevormtrevorm Posts: 841member
    Great pictures there Fellow. Oh and I like your big truck! It rocks!
  • Reply 8 of 23
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    The Zeissness of the 'Carl Zeiss' lens is about equivalent to the Leicaness of the 'Leica D-Lux.'

Nice truck.
  • Reply 9 of 23
    Great pictures. I have always loved english gardens.

Those large signs at every flower looks like dyed and misplaced butterflies.
  • Reply 10 of 23
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by FellowshipChurch iBook

[B]I got out and did some exploring today and took my trusty camera with me. I love nature and found out about a cozy estate in my area with beautiful gardens on the grounds. I found out my dad had been to this location many times and I never knew it. It was very special for me to visit

Thankyou for sharing something of your world.

The posted pictie reminds me of Van Morrison's album

" The common One "

" Won't you meet me in the country --

In the Summertime in England..

won't you meet ? "

" Hand me down my big boots...I believe I'll go walking in the woods .......let me go awalking through tracts of ancient peace....

Van Morrison is so so right

Thanks again
  • Reply 11 of 23
    You're very diffficult to dislike Fellowship, curse you.

Happy Easter.

• Reply 12 of 23
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Hassan i Sabbah

You're very diffficult to dislike Fellowship, curse you.

Happy Easter.

FCiB, I'll take this one:

Yeah...we Christians are sneaky that way.
  • Reply 13 of 23
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    FCiB,

Happy Easter. You have some great photos there in your .Mac "albums". If I may be so bold, focus your work on the close-ups / macro stuff. You have a knack for it. Flowering plants, butterflies, etc.

Actually our photographic styles are fairly similar except that I probably do a little better with B&W [that is, my color stuff isn't as good as my B&W], and my compositions are more linear / angular generally speaking. I am sad to admit though, that I haven't been doing much photography at all. Hopefully my new job will allow me some opportunities.
  • Reply 14 of 23
    Happy Easter Everyone and thanks for the kind comments you all had. I really enjoy the outdoors and taking pictures. Today we had a wonderful service at Fellowship Church. Paster Ed Young had a very thoughtful service. He started Easter off by starting a new series. "Trading Spaces" A show on Cable or Satelite where neighbors re-design or decorate their neighbors room and they come back and review their homes after their neighbors re-decorate the home. Ed talked about how Jesus traded spaces with us on the cross. He took our sin for us. Ed talked about his son who was given basketball cards by his uncle and the son always would ask Ed "Dad how much are these worth? "I don't have any idea" Ed would say... Later on Ed said to his son that they are only worth what someone will pay for them. Ed compared this to what God paid for our sin. Jesus was nailed to the cross. That is a really large price God was willing to pay to reconcile us with Him. We are the object of God's Love. Ed had a video of a home being demolished with ed standing by watching in horror. Ed said God has perfect master plans for our life but when we sin we take a bull dozer to God's wonderful plan for our lives. The entire service was brilliant and amazing. Just like Jesus!!!!

I did not mean to "evangelize" I just had a wonderful day and to top it all off it is a wonderful sunny day here in the 80's!!!

Happy Easter Everyone!

God Bless,

Fellows
  • Reply 15 of 23
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    Thank you, that was nice. That looks like a fun place to visit, especially on such a nice day.
  • Reply 16 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by iBrowse

Thank you, that was nice. That looks like a fun place to visit, especially on such a nice day.

Pictures can not even compare to being there and smelling the wondeful smells and hearing the birds and wind blowing through the trees. It is like stepping into another world. Very peaceful and beautiful.

For those who mentioned my truck, That one in the picture is my new 2003 Dodge Ram. I had a 2002 Dodge Ram that almost looked just like this one. This one has the 20 in chrome wheels with Goodyear Eagles and a neutral interior while the last had a black interior. I love it and it drives wonderfully. The 2002 was my first ever Dodge but it gave me more than enough reason to stay loyal to another 2003 Ram. I can't say enough about these trucks. They are tough trucks.

Fellows
  • Reply 17 of 23
    mggmgg Posts: 124member
    Nice pics, I wish I had a place to see stuff like that around me.
  • Reply 18 of 23
    You should come to the Tulip Festival with me Fellowship. We can take lots of purty pictures of shit.
  • Reply 19 of 23
    fangornfangorn Posts: 323member
    I lived in Texas for over 25 years, about 8 of those in DFW, and had no idea those gardens were there! Must take some work keeping things going during July and August (I sweat just thinking about it!) Gorgeous pictures. Reminds me of the Butchart Gardens in Victoria B.C.: Gardens

I'm glad you had such a nice Easter. We watched King of Kings with the kids. Gotta keep reinforcing that it was NOT the Easter Bunny on the cross!
  • Reply 20 of 23
    stoostoo Posts: 1,490member
    There's a gardeen like that about a mile from my house and I only go there about once a year. But I do have The Pentland Hills (taken three days ago):

Taken with a Creative Labs USB webcam. Not great quality compared to a proper digital camera, but not bad for a tenner .