Apple Watch Pro shown off in new renders one day before release

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 31
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member
    Forgot something: Apple Symmetrical Design Concept?
    Can you name an Apple major product that’s not symmetrical? 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 31
    Japhey said:
    It seems unlikely that Apple would use a raised platform for the button next to the dial. It hinders the usage of the dial. I can access the button just fine when it is flush against the watch side.
    By “dial”, I assume you mean crown. Many high-end timepieces have crown guards and it doesn’t hinder their usage at all. As far as the button goes, by integrating it into the crown guard, it frees up space inside for a larger battery or extra sensors. If it is true, it will likely be viewed as another example of Apples design genius. I just wonder if the rumored second button is raised too. 

• Reply 23 of 31
    It will not be Apple design. They don’t design product unsymmetrical. Besides, it increases manufacturing cost with that ugly hump with minimum benefit to none.
  • Reply 24 of 31
    The complainers here about price and ‘ugliness’ obviously the pending Apple Watch isn’t aimed at you. The is always a segment of the market that will pay too much to have the latest thing. And for the others, Apple has a hit on their hands and as Warren Buffet stated, Apple has had so many successes, they can afford a failure or two. They have earned the right to push into new ground…. Not to mention; ‘Haters are always gonna hate.’
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 25 of 31
    > I have a feeling that new button is TouchID for the watch to work without an iPhone.

Well that was a miss lol
    edited September 2022 watto_cobra
  • Reply 26 of 31
    Well this came out pretty close! Apple Watch ultra!
    edited September 2022 watto_cobra
  • Reply 27 of 31
    eightzero said:
    I'm not enthused. While I like my AW4, I am frustrated with much of it. I can't delete built-in apps i don't/ won't use; and the "safety" features don't work. The high noise function simply stopped working for months, and now mysteriously back. I had several false alarms on the the fall detection when I first got it; and I had a rather serious one a few weeks ago and...nothing. I hit the deck hard, and I was prepared to intercept the emergency all, but it never went off. Turns out I was OK...but...

Gone are the days when Apple's stuff "just works." Disappointing.
    Like since 2018? lol.  The devices work better every year.   You could always go back to the just worked gear.  I'd bet over 90% of your issues are user error anyway.  
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 28 of 31
    I am so freakin stoked about the actual adventure watch!  And hot damn, I predicted the scuba app!!!  It looks a ton better than the renders. The size, including thickness, the flat crystal has a protective ridge and that hump works so much better than the render, even though they got its existence right.
    watto_cobraspheric
  • Reply 29 of 31
    Japhey said:
    It seems unlikely that Apple would use a raised platform for the button next to the dial. It hinders the usage of the dial. I can access the button just fine when it is flush against the watch side.
    By “dial”, I assume you mean crown. Many high-end timepieces have crown guards and it doesn’t hinder their usage at all. As far as the button goes, by integrating it into the crown guard, it frees up space inside for a larger battery or extra sensors. If it is true, it will likely be viewed as another example of Apples design genius. I just wonder if the rumored second button is raised too. 
    Yes, I meant the crown and I was wrong. The crown seems a little bigger on the Ultra and looks pretty accessible despite the crown guard.
    edited September 2022 watto_cobraspheric
  • Reply 30 of 31
    Japhey said:
    Japhey said:
    The crown guard reminded me of the old rumors that the Apple Watch would eventually get Touch ID. While it’s true that rumor hasn’t made the rounds in quite some time, it’s also true that Apple has always managed to keep Watch development more under the radar than some of its other products. Maybe tomorrow the Apple Watch Pro finally brings Touch ID to the line. 
    Why would you need Touch ID on the Watch?
    Who said anything about need? It would definitely be convenient, though. If you’ve tried the new watchOS Beta, in order to wake the Watch From sleeping, you have to hold the crown in for what feels like a really long time. With Touch ID it would be instant. Plus, just the whole way it feels is very Touch ID-like. 

A little over 12 hours until we find out!
    I guess I don't know what you mean by "wake the Watch from sleeping" — The Watch doesn't "sleep", I just raise my wrist. :)