AppleCare+ now allows unlimited accidental damage repairs

Posted:
in General Discussion
Apple has expanded its AppleCare+ coverage, changing it to including unlimited repairs for accidental damage, instead of the previous two per year limit.

When the Apple Store reopened after the iPhone 14 launch, the details for AppleCare+ revealed the update.

"AppleCare+ now includes unlimited repairs for accidental damage protection," says a blue banner atop the main AppleCare Products page. It appears to be an across-the-board improvement, with the same detail listed for Mac, iPhone, iPad, and every hardware category Apple makes.

The change is also international, with the same banner appearing in the UK, France, Australia and more.

Apple has added new pricing details for AppleCare+ coverage of the iPhone 14 range. the iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max each cost $269 for two years of coverage, or $13.49 monthly.

The iPhone 14 costs $219 for two years, or $11.49 monthly. The iPhone 14 Plus is $249 for two years, or $12.49 monthly.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    chasmchasm Posts: 3,304member
    This is pretty big news … I’m surprised that it wasn’t mentioned at the event, but perhaps it will be the subject of some advertising/TV commercials as we head into the holiday season.
    Paul_Bwatto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 5
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    Is it just for future AppleCare+ subs, or does it upgrade existing?

Pretty great upgrade nonetheless.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 5
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,808member
    This is awesome, however it still won't shut up the .000000001% of people who think they should be able to repair their own device. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 5
    chasm said:
    This is pretty big news … I’m surprised that it wasn’t mentioned at the event, but perhaps it will be the subject of some advertising/TV commercials as we head into the holiday season.

It is big news - purposely ruin your Macintosh product after a few years, and get a new - it won't last...pass the popcorn
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Tower72Tower72 Posts: 22unconfirmed, member
    crowley said:
    Is it just for future AppleCare+ subs, or does it upgrade existing?

Pretty great upgrade nonetheless.
    It upgrades existing. I pay monthly for my iPad Pro, and received an email telling me that it was now Unlimited 
    watto_cobra