Original iPhone stars in Stephen King's 'Mr. Harrigan's Phone'

Posted:
in General Discussion edited September 2022
Netflix released a trailer for "Mr. Harrigan's Phone" and it modifies the timeline of the original story so the main characters each have an original iPhone.

Image from the Mr. Harrigan's Phone trailer
Image from the Mr. Harrigan's Phone trailer

"Mr. Harrigan's Phone" was published in a collection of previously unpublished novellas by Stephen King on April 28, 2020. It tells the story of a young man played by Jaeden Martell ("It," "Knives Out") who becomes friends with a retired billionaire, played by Donald Sutherland ("Citizen X").

Through their friendship, they bond over books, as well as their first iPhones.

After Mr. Harrigan passes, the boy Craig, is shown to place the man's iPhone in the coffin. Later, in a classic Stephen King twist, Craig leaves a voicemail for Mr. Harrigan's number, saying that his bully in school badly beat him up, and receives a response.

"Mr. Harrigan's Phone" will debut on Netflix on October 5.

Director Rian Johnson said in 2020 that Apple doesn't let filmmakers show villains using an iPhone on camera. The trailer makes it seem as though some kind of ghost of Mr. Harrigan is killing on behalf of Craig, but it seems unlikely that he will be shown using his iPhone during the vengeful killings.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    jdwjdw Posts: 1,324member
    ...it seems unlikely that he will be shown using his iPhone during the vengeful killings.
    Darn!
     ;)  :D
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 6
    If he used an original iPhone in the killings the plastic back would crack.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Finally something I could watch on Netflix. Nothing to do with the iPhone, it’s just a cool story 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Nice. I will watch it because of iPhone. I normally don't like horror stuffs.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 6
    entropys said:
    If he used an original iPhone in the killings the plastic back would crack.

Well the original iPhone was 85% metal on the back. 🤣

• Reply 6 of 6
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,152member
    Not in my country. Our first was the iPhone 3G.