YouTuber wrecks car to test iPhone 14 crash detection

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    spheric said:
    Essentially useless features as in modern cars (at least in the EU) it's been a legal requirement, that they call emergency services after the crash is detected. Together with the essentially useless satellite emergency call (at least outside US), this years iPhone introduction was quite useless.

What a bizarrely vapid comment. „On one continent, all cars that are newer that four years do this automatically, so this is useless. Also, the satellite SOS service which has been launched in the United States is useless.“ 

Because, apparently, nobody lives in the US, nobody in Europe drives a car older than 2018, and indeed nobody outside of Europe gets in crashes, and the satellite SOS will never be offered outside of the USA. 

What on Earth possessed you to post that? 
    I wish I knew why he considers Canada to be inside the US.
    watto_cobraspheric
  • Reply 22 of 25
    Essentially useless features as in modern cars (at least in the EU) it's been a legal requirement, that they call emergency services after the crash is detected. Together with the essentially useless satellite emergency call (at least outside US), this years iPhone introduction was quite useless.

You might not know this… but the world is much bigger than just your magical EU. With that being said it is a very useful feature 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 25
    takeo said:
    If it were me I think I would have edited out the part where I almost took out the power grid

Yah, this! What an irresponsible demonstration! And that grass was really dry. It could go up in flames really quickly. Were they prepared for that?
    clemynx
  • Reply 24 of 25
    sphericspheric Posts: 2,666member
    petri said:

I’m in the UK, which was still part of the EU in 2018, and I’ve never even heard of this.  It’s certainly not in anybody’s car that I know, perhaps I move in the wrong circles but I’d still rather my friends and family driving older cars might have a chance of being saved by this than not.
    EU government tens to introduce bills quietly and overnight. You find out only later what they imposed. Good move to leave EU. Perhaos few others should consider that move before it is too late nad it ends in hands of similar individuals like in USSR.
    You realise that the one of the lovely effects of leaving the EU is that the EU-introduced bills against offshore money laundering by people like Farage and the other rich Brexit-backer oligarchs would never apply to them. 

So the financial elite, in an entirely undemocratic fashion, installed a ruinous wannabe-Thatcher who is going about reshaping Britain to their maximal financial benefit. 

Which, ironically, is not dissimilar to what has happened to Russia since the dissolution of the USSR. 
  • Reply 25 of 25
    If you need more laws and regulations you can always move to other places. Nothing is free. Live in California. They have interesting approach to laws and taxes and we know outcomes.
    Which outcome is that? Having the worlds 5th largest economy? Producing 2/3rds of all fruits, vegetables, and nuts in the US? Or maybe producing a state budget surplus so large every resident is getting a refund check from the state?
    spheric