Satechi's new multiport USB-C dock features a 2.5G Ethernet port

Posted:
in General Discussion edited September 2022
Satechi's latest six-in-one multiport dock for Mac and iPad features a 2.5-gigabit Ethernet port for working, streaming, or gaming.

Satechi multiport adapter with Ethernet
Satechi multiport adapter with Ethernet

The new Multiport Adapter features USB-4 for connectivity to a host computer The company says that it provides full bandwidth to all ports combined at up to 40 Gbps, when connected to a USB 4 or Thunderbolt 3 port.

Each port is labeled for easy access and includes 2.5G Ethernet, HDMI 2.1, two USB-C 3.2 Gen 2 10 Gbps ports, one of which supports Power Delivery 2.0 and higher for charging devices, a USB-A data port up to 10 Gbps, and an audio jack.

Satechi says that the headphone jack supports audio output and input at USB 2.0 quality. The jack also supports inline control through connected headphones, and results may vary by the brand of headphones used.

The 8K HDMI 2.1 port supports a refresh rate of up to 60Hz from supported hardware, or up to 4K at 60Hz on a Mac or iPad. The Ethernet port is backward compatible with 10/100/1000 Mbps speeds.

Pricing & Availability

The USB-4 multiport adapter is available now for $149.99. Satechi is offering an introductory sale of 20% off with code USB4 until September 30.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Do docks like these work if you plug them into one of the Studio Display USB-C ports?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 4
    10 gig USB-C and A ports, and multi-gig ethernet, nice!
  • Reply 3 of 4

Each port is labeled for easy access and includes 2.5G Ethernet, HDMI 2.1, two USB-C 3.2 Gen 2 10 Gbps ports, one of which supports Power Delivery 2.0 and higher for charging devices, a USB-A data port up to 10 Gbps, and an audio jack.

I'm confused about the PD charging -- this device has one USB-C port that supports 100W PD charging.  Is that an output or an input?  I would assume an input and that input would then charge the MacBook?   It really doesn't say in any of the description but since there is no dedicated power input to this device, I can't imagine 100W output.
    edited September 2022
  • Reply 4 of 4
    ITGUYINSD said:

I'm confused about the PD charging -- this device has one USB-C port that supports 100W PD charging.  Is that an output or an input?  I would assume an input and that input would then charge the MacBook?   It really doesn't say in any of the description but since there is no dedicated power input to this device, I can't imagine 100W output.
    It means that if you plug in the power adapter from your computer into the PD port of this adapter it will send up to 100W to charge the computer as well as the data.  This allows you to only need to plug this into the computer and connect everything and charge too.