Where is Bigfoot ?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Where is Bigfoot ?

Where is the Yeti ?

Nessy come Home !

How come with all the millions & millions of video cameras loose in the backwoods these days, we're some how seeing less & less footage of these creatures?

Could it be that they've all died out.

Shall they all pass away like the beautiful Unicorn.

Has our " Disbelief " actually caused them all to become extinct?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 41
    osxaddictosxaddict Posts: 131member
    Apparently you missed the story:

BigFoot is a dead
  • Reply 2 of 41
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    I still use my BigFoot trick skis from time to time. Mucho fun!
  • Reply 3 of 41
    dstranathandstranathan Posts: 1,717member
    I just saw him sitting in a Honda Element sitting outside Chipolte, listening to a Jello Biafra spoken word CD, reading the NHL playoff section of the sports pages! There was a little white Apple logo sticker in his rear window! He's ONE OF US!
  • Reply 4 of 41
    Bigfoot lives up by Mt. Challenger deep in the North Cascades. Tain't exactly a lot of folks with video cameras up there.
  • Reply 5 of 41
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Ha! I was just talking to a friend about this EXACT thing not two weeks ago! We both grew up in the 70's and we were talking about all those cheesy B-grade movies that came out about Bigfoot. Then we recalled that "Six Million Dollar Man" episode featuring Bigfoot (he was an alien, I think). But there used to be that "In Search of..." show that came on every damn Saturday and talked about Bigfoot, the Yeti, UFOs, etc.

With the exception of UFOs (which, thanks to "The X Files", has enjoyed a surge in popularity), all the other things seem to have died down. The supermarket tabloids used to frequently feature Bigfoot-oriented "stories", but that's gone too.

I just remember there being several documentaries and fictionalized movies based on the fella back in the 70's.

Oh yeah, as a baby/early toddler, I took a drive around Loch Ness with my parents and their friends on a Saturday. I've got a picture of my Mom holding me on the side of the road with the lake in the background. My Dad was stationed there in Scotland and they wanted to drive up and see if they could located the monster one weekend.

In any case, if I go into the deep woods these days, I'm going to be more scared of rattlesnakes and deranged serial killers than I would Bigfoot.

But you're right: everybody and their grandmother has a digital camera, camcorder, disposable camera, etc. and are filming countless scenes of Dads getting hit in the nuts with errant whiffle balls and fat people trying to get on a horse, but no one - in all this time - has managed to capture anything beyond that famous, jittery piece-of-shit footage of Bigfoot lumbering through the woods (the one we've all seen 8 million times)?

I don't get it...

• Reply 6 of 41
    Quote:

In any case, if I go into the deep woods these days, I'm going to be more scared of rattlesnakes and deranged serial killers than I would Bigfoot.

Not to nitpick but I am morally obliged to nitpick.

Rattlesnakes don't generally live in forested areas for one thing. Also, rattlesnake bites don't kill healthy adults like yourself anyway 99.9% of the time.

You're a lot safer in the woods than an any urban/suburban/rural area from serial killers. Although since you live in California it is safe to assume there are weirdos everywhere I suppose.

Hypothermia and falling would be your biggest fears. And grizzlies if you want a scary animal that can chow down on you. Although since there are no more grizzlies in CA you would have to fear black bears who are not quite so intimidating.
  • Reply 7 of 41
    feeling insulted by the epithet "Bigfoot".

call them by their proper name, Sasquatch and they'll gladly share their traditional beverage, Kokanee Beer.

an interesting documentary film relates... sasquatch odyssey
  • Reply 8 of 41
    Quote:

Originally posted by ColanderOfDeath

Not to nitpick but I am morally obliged to nitpick.

Rattlesnakes don't generally live in forested areas for one thing. Also, rattlesnake bites don't kill healthy adults like yourself anyway 99.9% of the time.

You're a lot safer in the woods than an any urban/suburban/rural area from serial killers. Although since you live in California it is safe to assume there are weirdos everywhere I suppose.

Hypothermia and falling would be your biggest fears. And grizzlies if you want a scary animal that can chow down on you. Although since there are no more grizzlies in CA you would have to fear black bears who are not quite so intimidating.

And I'm morally obliged to tell you to "stow it"

First, don't tell me about rattlesnakes, where they live, how they act, where they're found, etc. You're in over your head from the get-go. Trust me on this one.

Second, it ain't the "dying" I'm necessarily torn up over. It's the swelling, the necrosis of tissue, the possible amputation of appendages, the skin grafts, etc. that might result from a serious rattler bite. Yeah, I'll "live"...with a mangled, three-fingered right hand and skin from my ass cheek grafted over part of my hand/arm and a helluva story to tell next time I'm at the bar.

And yes: weirdos ARE everywhere. There have been PLENTY of people assaulted and killed in non-urban areas. Statistics are not necessarily a comfort to me because I'm always the fella that the small "what if" percentage seems to apply to, so...

Besides, I saw "Deliverance".

I always dress warm and I walk carefully, so I'll take my chances with hypothermia and falling.
  • Reply 9 of 41
    Quote:

First, don't tell me about rattlesnakes, where they live, how they act, where they're found, etc. You're in over your head from the get-go. Trust me on this one.

Well two can play the "I know more than you" game since you know as little about what I know as I about what you know. Well actually you probably know slightly less about me than I do about you but let's let that go. And you've already put yourself off to a bad start by talking about rattlesnakes in deep woods. So I will call your "expertise" and raise your bluff.

But if it makes you feel better, we can at least agree that ShawnPatrickJoyce is annoying.
  • Reply 10 of 41
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    This semester I decided to take a class called Mysteries of the Earth. You have no idea how much fun stuff has been ruined. No aliens building pyramids, no Roswell aliens, no Bigfoot, no giants, no Bermuda Triangle, etc.
  • Reply 11 of 41
    Quote:

Originally posted by ColanderOfDeath

But if it makes you feel better, we can at least agree that ShawnPatrickJoyce is annoying.

Damn. I hoped this would make you ark enemies so you would not join in a coalition in the political threads in the future

Not that I regard your coalition as effective as others
  • Reply 12 of 41
    So I've not seen rattlers, deep in the Appalachians? The Smoky Mountains in North Carolina? Deep in the Cleveland Forest? Brush, logs, creeks, moss, WAY in the middle of nowhere?

Maybe my definition, then, of "deep forest" is off from yours?

Yeah, they're more in the desert and scrubby areas (in my experience) and foothills, but they do exist in the places above. Did someone truck them in that morning or what? And place them there for my excitement?

Yeah, we can agree on the other. Sure.

• Reply 13 of 41
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders the White

Damn. I hoped this would make you ark enemies so you would not join in a coalition in the political threads in the future

Not that I regard your coalition as effective as others

Piss off, Whitey

And it's "arch" enemies. My "inteligens" tells me so.
  • Reply 14 of 41
    Quote:

Originally posted by iBrowse

This semester I decided to take a class called Mysteries of the Earth. You have no idea how much fun stuff has been ruined. No aliens building pyramids, no Roswell aliens, no Bigfoot, no giants, no Bermuda Triangle, etc.

You have to take classes to realise the obvious?

And excatly how great is the US educational system?

(And no. I will not admit that I would replace my "Habermas: communication, democracy and civil society" course in a heartbeat )
  • Reply 15 of 41
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

Piss off, Whitey

And it's "arch" enemies. My "inteligens" tells me so.

Fast p: How do you say "milk" in danish? Or Bread? Or humour?
  • Reply 16 of 41
    Not sure, but I don't go around messing it up while commenting on the intelligence of others.

Let me guess: milque? milkke? milcke?

But I do have a sense of humor...that's why the little "tongue out" smiley followed my "piss off..." comment. I don't really mean that in a mean way.

Smiley = I'm joking, being silly

No smiley = watch your ass

• Reply 17 of 41
    Mælk, brød and , surprise, humor.

You don´t offend me. Actually most of the times it have been people from my side of the fence that have pissed me off the most on AI. Anyone remember CHEETAH? Little leftwinged swedish son of a shedog.
  • Reply 18 of 41
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders the White

You have to take classes to realise the obvious?

And excatly how great is the US educational system?

(And no. I will not admit that I would replace my "Habermas: communication, democracy and civil society" course in a heartbeat )

Heh.. No it's actually really fun, we spent a few days learning about how each myth got started and the background, then we spent a few more days ripping it apart.

(And I'm in my last year at a Community College, next year I'm off to a real college, if that explains it.
  • Reply 19 of 41
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Dear Boys & Girls,

My friend Aquafire has allowed a moment to write about this issue.

We, "mythical creatures " find it sad that we are being shuffled out of existence. we feel like we are being abandonded, thats because we need you & your children to believe in us in order to exist.

Aquafire tells me that as I child, he used to revel in the idea that we creatures existed, & he says he loved the idea that we always managed to outsmart, out-run or out-think human beings.

It seems to me, that many human children these days get their Mythological creatures straight out of Pixar, Sony Video box, or some other interactive games.

We creatures have all read "Lord of the Rings, & The Lion, Witch & the Wardrobe. " We liked the idea that children should be able to create their own " internal vision" of us, and of the world rather than having it dished up "fait a compli" via a computer generated images.

Please remember, that we don't just live in mountains & streams, but in the hearts & imaginations of all your children.

Love & kisses

Nessie xxx
  • Reply 20 of 41

Good one!