Apple names new VPs for Maps, Services, Silicon

Posted:
in AAPL Investors
Apple has named a number of new vice presidents for its teams, with Maps, Services, and Silicon teams getting new supervisory pairs of eyes.

Apple annually makes changes to its list of vice presidents in the fall, typically under its regular performance reviews of its workforce that it conducts during the season. The position, two levels below C-level executives, is one of the most senior roles employees can reach within the iPhone maker.

Adding to the approximately 100 vice presidents in its 160,000 employee pool, Apple has picked four people to become vice presidents, across three areas of the company, according to Bloomberg's "Power On" newsletter.

Max Muller has been with Apple for 20 years, and has been operating the Apple Maps team for quite a while already, but now is becoming a VP overseeing Maps as a whole. This includes areas such as Find My, and other elements involving location detection and navigation.

Charlie Zhai and Fabian Klass have experience working on Apple's chips, and now are VP-level executives within the Silicon group, managed by Johny Srouji.

Lastly, Payam Mirrashidi has become the vice president of engineering under Services, reporting to Eddy Cue.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    bloggerblogbloggerblog Posts: 2,464member
    This is great news, I hate the new experience in Maps. Drawers opening and closing then opening again, map keeps removing you away from your location when you end a nav or a search. A big issue is the nav history especially in carplay, when renavigating something, it doesn’t move it up in history. I’m finding it way too fidley than before with many user assumptions. I also dislike how when clicking on an image it opens yelp or other apps. I understand that there’s a source to the data but frankly that’s not the user’s problem. The solution should be designed by working backwards from the user. 

Having said that, I am glad we now have multiple stops but it’ll be great if it can put the stops within the route instead of plopping it in the end. Transportation is also nifty, it was more accurate than Google Maps in Portugal.  
    goodbyeranch
  • Reply 2 of 2
    I hate the new experience in Maps. 
    100% agree. I can think of ten ongoing daily annoyances off the top of my head: siri voice not working, low res siri voice mixed in with hi res siri voice, losing a location if I look it up on a map before I leave home then look at maps again when I get in my car, the fussy way favorites are shown, travel content getting in the way, etc etc and yes, Yelp has long long overstayed its welcome.
    bloggerblog