Jon Stewart picks up shifts at Genius Bar in Kimmel skit

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited September 2022
Jon Stewart appeared in a "Jimmy Kimmel Live" skit as an Apple Store employee to promote season two of "The Problem With Jon Stewart" on Apple TV+.

Jon Stewart working at the Genius Bar
Jon Stewart working at the Genius Bar

One of the staff members from "Jimmy Kimmel Live" needed his iPhone repaired, so he decided to do it on company time. The skit opens with Guillermo sitting at the Genius Bar getting help from Jon Stewart. He laments, "there's just no way we can make the birds any less angry."

The whole skit was set up to promote the return of "The Problem With Jon Stewart" to Apple TV+ on October 7. It is a repeat of a running gag with Stewart, who is worried no one knows his show is on Apple TV+ or what that is.

Kimmel asks why Apple has Stewart working at the Genius Bar. "It's the plus part," Stewart replied. "I'm here from Monday to Friday -- lady from 'Ted Lasso' got weekends."

Wow - didn't realize @JonStewart was working in the neighborhood! #KimmelinBrooklyn @IamGuillermo pic.twitter.com/QoD1XgrM4C

-- Jimmy Kimmel Live (@JimmyKimmelLive)

Apple TV+ isn't new to late-night shows as Severance was recently featured in a lengthy skit on "The Late Show With Stephen Colbert." The skit features Colbert in "deleted footage" from the original season as he annoys cast members.

"The Problem With Jon Stewart" is a topical news show on Apple TV+. The first season covered controversial topics like gun control, climate change, and racism. It is formatted to host panelists that hold different viewpoints and discuss what can be done to fix that week's problem.

The show returns for its second season on October 7. People can watch it on Apple TV+ by subscribing for $4.99 per month or via any tier of the Apple One subscription bundle.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    I love how Jimmy Kimmel gets involved with others’ acting. He’s awesome
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 6
    chasmchasm Posts: 3,294member
    Very amusing skit. Stewart mostly works to try to get Americans to think more deeply about their problems, but I’m glad to see he hasn’t lost his light touch and ability to make fun of himself.
    JinTechwatto_cobralolliver
  • Reply 3 of 6
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,166member
    How did this rate? I don’t know anyone who watched the first run.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    entropys said:
    I watched the first episode several months ago. I intend to watch more, but I always find it difficult to be reminded of problems in the world that I can do nothing about.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 6
    entropys said:
    I watched the first episode several months ago. I intend to watch more, but I always find it difficult to be reminded of problems in the world that I can do nothing about.
    Yeah, I watched the first episode when it was released and then didn't watch the rest. I went back to it about 2 months ago and watched the rest of the season though. It's a great show but I find I need to be in the right head space to watch it as it does deal with some pretty big topics. And like you said, it's usually things we can't do much to change.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    payecopayeco Posts: 581member
    entropys said:
    That’s the key difference between this and the Daily Show during Jon’s run. DS was a comedy show with politics wedged in. His new show is a political show with comedy wedged in. People came for the comedy and stayed for the political info. Much less people are coming to a show for the politics and staying for the comedy. 
    edited October 2022