Compared: New AirPods Pro versus original AirPods Pro

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 32
    So do the new version still fall out and require constant adjustment to get them to sort of fit?

Because of the abysmal fit, I rarely use my AirPods Pro, the need for constant adjustments and sticking them back in.
    I tried all the ear piece sizes. Large has fewer problems.

I got some neoprene replacements from Amazon which are much better. They stay in place more and comfort is better.
    Apple should really address that issue.
    I would agree but I did solve the problem by getting memory foam tips. No more falling out. Ever. And a better seal for ANC

Do you have a link you can share for those replacement tips?  Or maybe a specific product name?
    dewme
  • Reply 22 of 32
    So, I had a pretty severe reaction to the silicon tips, which took about 4-5 days to clear up after my first moderate (~2hr) listening session. I've literally not worn them since ... I did buy replacement tips (mem foam, to make sure it was a diff material), but my reaction to the originals was so bad, I still didn't dared to try them. I've never had that kind of reaction to any other silicon (or similar) product.

Anyone know if this has been changed on the APP 2s? It seems it wasn't that uncommon an issue.
  • Reply 23 of 32
    kmareikmarei Posts: 179member
    I just got the AirPods Pro 2
    sound cancellation is much, much better than first gen
    bass is better, not as much as I expected, but still better than 1st gen
    but they keep frequently disconnecting from my iPhone, and the volume swipe only works 1/5 times 
    when I try to reconnect then it keeps saying can't connect, I have to remove them from Bluetooth devices and repair them via Bluetooth 
    li've had them plugged in next to phone for 2 consecutive nights
    they won't update the the firmware, they are on 5A374, latest is 5A377
    i really wish there was a way to manually update airpods 
    now I tried pairing them to my iPad which is on iOS 16.02, maybe that helps 

• Reply 24 of 32
    Paul_BPaul_B Posts: 82member
    Chuck Norris once bought a Macintosh, the Macintosh grew legs and ran away.
  • Reply 25 of 32
    mike1mike1 Posts: 3,286member
    kmarei said:
    I just got the AirPods Pro 2
    sound cancellation is much, much better than first gen
    bass is better, not as much as I expected, but still better than 1st gen
    but they keep frequently disconnecting from my iPhone, and the volume swipe only works 1/5 times 
    when I try to reconnect then it keeps saying can't connect, I have to remove them from Bluetooth devices and repair them via Bluetooth 
    li've had them plugged in next to phone for 2 consecutive nights
    they won't update the the firmware, they are on 5A374, latest is 5A377
    i really wish there was a way to manually update airpods 
    now I tried pairing them to my iPad which is on iOS 16.02, maybe that helps 

What version of iOS are you using on the phone. If you are using unreleased software on your iPad, I suspect you are doing the same on your phone. Why are you using beta software and expecting to work properly???

Mine updated and work properly using 16.0.2 on my phone.
  • Reply 26 of 32
    I'm on my 3rd set of AAP1, the previous 2 having been replaced under warranty by Apple because the batteries in the individual pods basically died after just a few months of very moderate use. Wondering how the AAP2 compares on this metric? Also, I have to use a 3rd party for the silicon bumper, the Large size that Apple provides is too small for my apparently large ear openings. The APP1 kept falling out of my ears despite my best efforts to tightly jam them in. So that cost me a few more $$, argh!
  • Reply 27 of 32
    mike1 said:
    What version of iOS are you using on the phone. If you are using unreleased software on your iPad, I suspect you are doing the same on your phone. Why are you using beta software and expecting to work properly???

Sorry I misspoke.
    My iPad Pro  is on iOS 15.7, not 16.02
    i got confused because I just upgraded a few iPhones at work to iOS 16.02
    isn't iOS 16 officially out , it's not beta anymore right ?
    iphone is on 13.5
    Neither of them will update the AirPods Pro 2

prior to your upgrade, did they ever disconnect on their own?
    maybe I should exchange them at the apple store 

edited October 2022
  • Reply 28 of 32
    Ok, it finally updated
    i had to connect it to an iPhone running iOS 16.02 for it to update
    it would not update on my iPhone with iOS 13.5
    Even though the first gen updated just fine with it
  • Reply 29 of 32
    Paul_BPaul_B Posts: 82member
    Apple should make the 'rock on sign' as their new logo.
  • Reply 30 of 32
    mike1mike1 Posts: 3,286member
    kmarei said:
    mike1 said:

Sorry I misspoke.
    My iPad Pro  is on iOS 15.7, not 16.02
    i got confused because I just upgraded a few iPhones at work to iOS 16.02
    isn't iOS 16 officially out , it's not beta anymore right ?
    iphone is on 13.5
    Neither of them will update the AirPods Pro 2

prior to your upgrade, did they ever disconnect on their own?
    maybe I should exchange them at the apple store 

Never had a problem, but I upgraded to 16 before the new AirPods shipped. You would likely be told to update your phone to the latest version of iOS.
  • Reply 31 of 32
    tyler82tyler82 Posts: 1,102member
    I bought the new AirPods Pro. Does anybody have any tips on how to have them stay in your ears, especially when working out? I’ve tried all the sizes of ear tips, but they slowly slide out of my ears, which defeats the purpose of noise cancelation. 
    edited October 2022
  • Reply 32 of 32
    So do the new version still fall out and require constant adjustment to get them to sort of fit?

Because of the abysmal fit, I rarely use my AirPods Pro, the need for constant adjustments and sticking them back in.
    I tried all the ear piece sizes. Large has fewer problems.

I got some neoprene replacements from Amazon which are much better. They stay in place more and comfort is better.
    Apple should really address that issue.
    I would agree but I did solve the problem by getting memory foam tips. No more falling out. Ever. And a better seal for ANC

Do you have a link you can share for those replacement tips?  Or maybe a specific product name?
    Sorry for the late response. The best ones are from complyfoam.com, which are cheaper if purchased from their website. Available on Amazon too. There are cheap alternatives but I don't find the foam to be really "memory foam". But even the cheap ones keep the buds in my ears way better than the stock silicone ones.
    edited October 2022