Sandmarc releases Titanium Edition band for Apple Watch Ultra

Posted:
in Apple Watch
Sandmarc, a company known for its photography accessories, has launched a titanium band for Apple Watch Ultra.

Sandmarc Titanium Edition band
Sandmarc Titanium Edition band

Sandmarc's new Apple Watch band is made from commercially pure grade 2 titanium, resistant to corrosion and oxidation. The company says that it's a lightweight band for on-the-go adventures. The color has been designed to match the Apple Watch Ultra finish.

It features 316L grade stainless steel for the connectors that attach the band to the Apple Watch Ultra. These also have high corrosion resistance, as well as extreme temperatures.

Although Sandmarc designed its Titanium Edition with the Apple Watch Ultra in mind, it will fit all other Apple Watch models.

Pricing & Availability

The Titanium Edition Apple Watch Ultra band is available to preorder for $199.99 from Sandmarc, and the estimated shipping date is the end of December 2022.

The grade 2 titanium is resistant to corrosion and oxidation
The grade 2 titanium is resistant to corrosion and oxidation

Apple announced the Apple Watch Ultra during its Far Out September event in 2022. It is a new product category above other models, such as the Apple Watch Series 8.

Other than the big screen, the titanium case with a user-settable Action button are highlight features. It also has dual speakers, an 86-decibel siren, and a three-microphone array. When submerged past a certain depth, the Apple Watch will automatically display the water depth, temperature, and length of submersion.

The Apple Watch Ultra is also certified to EN13319, an internationally recognized standard for dive computers and gauges.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    Nice. I put my Milanese Loop from my original Apple Watch on my Ultra for dressier occasions and it looks great!
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 11
    I had a polished stainless Juukdesign (Amazing watch bands by the way) Velo band  on my stainless Apple Watch 4 and 6. Put it on the Ultra and it contrasted too much with the titanium. I ordered a brushed stainless Juukdesign band to replace it, figuring the brushed stainless would be a closer match.  After seeing this, I'm going to return the Juuk band and pick this up. Nothing will match titanium better than titanium. I'm hoping the craftsmanship measures up. 
    edited October 2022 JFC_PAdewmewatto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 11
    My silver stainless steel Milanese Loopbracelet has been installed on at least five  "S" series aluminum iWatches, both silver and silverlight. I transferred it to the Ultra and it looks great. I like the fact that it is infinitely adjustable so I can loosen or tighten during the day as needed.
    Japheykiehtanwatto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 11
    kiehtan said:
    I had a polished stainless Juukdesign (Amazing watch bands by the way) Velo band  on my stainless Apple Watch 4 and 6. Put it on the Ultra and it contrasted too much with the titanium. I ordered a brushed stainless Juukdesign band to replace it, figuring the brushed stainless would be a closer match.  After seeing this, I'm going to return the Juuk band and pick this up. Nothing will match titanium better than titanium. I'm hoping the craftsmanship measures up. 
    Actually, why don’t you check out nomad goods at www.hellonomad.com. They have great quality and I picked up both are stainless steel and their titanium Apple Watch band. I think the style is much better and the titanium craftsmanship is superb.

I have the original titanium band and the new version 2 has a magnetic clasp. So the only thing to watch out for is when you release the buckle there’s nothing holding it on your wrist so be careful as to not let it drop and hit the floor.

I don’t know about this new company, seems like the price is right for titanium but nomads band is amazing. 
    kiehtanwatto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 11
    red oakred oak Posts: 1,088member
    That looks hot 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 11
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Looks nice, but very conventional design. I’ve been using my black Apple bracelet since I bought the Watch the second year, with every watch since then, all in black stainless. I tried it on my Ultra, and while if fits well, surprisingly so, despite what some reviewers have said, I don’t think the colors really work together. But the design and quality of the bracelet is really matchless, to me.

I have the trail band, and it’s really nice. But this watch does pass the cuff test, unless you have tight French cuffs. So I wear it out on more formal occasions, where I’ve been told that it looks good. But I’d like to get a metal bracelet. This one isn’t exactly what I want though. I’ll have to check out the ones stevenjobs suggested.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 7 of 11
    Ok, so I’ve looked at the Nomad. Nice, but honestly, it looks like a Spidel Twist-o-flex. It’s twice as thick as my Apple bracelet. I’d have to have both of these brackets in my hand to really evaluate them. I’m also used to not needing a tool to adjust the length, which I occasionally do with mine. I have the tools, but it’s a pain to use them.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 8 of 11
    anonymouseanonymouse Posts: 6,860member
    Grade 2 Ti is very soft and will scratch very easily, so this bracelet will look "worn" pretty quickly.

I'm sure Apple is thinking that the Ultra bands they are offering are much better suited to the activities they are targeting with the Ultra than a bracelet (and they are) but they should probably produce a matching Grade 5 bracelet for those who want to wear the watch in a casual, less active setting. It would probably be expensive, but they'd probably sell a lot of them.
    kiehtanJFC_PAmacguiwatto_cobra
  • Reply 9 of 11
    JFC_PAJFC_PA Posts: 932member
    A Ti Milanese might be awesome. I really like bands that are infinitely adjustable. 
    kiehtanwatto_cobra
  • Reply 10 of 11
    mpantonempantone Posts: 2,040member
    Traditional style, quite similar to what the watch industry calls the oyster bracelet. You see it a lot on sport models, chronographs, etc. This one has a safety clasp that is popular on divers models. The outer links are narrower than the classic oyster bracelet (where the three segments are close to equal width).
    edited October 2022 watto_cobra
  • Reply 11 of 11
    Grade 2 Ti is very soft and will scratch very easily, so this bracelet will look "worn" pretty quickly.

I'm sure Apple is thinking that the Ultra bands they are offering are much better suited to the activities they are targeting with the Ultra than a bracelet (and they are) but they should probably produce a matching Grade 5 bracelet for those who want to wear the watch in a casual, less active setting. It would probably be expensive, but they'd probably sell a lot of them.
    I agree. But I think Apple discontinued their link bracelet, which is too bad. It seems that at their level, if they don’t sell some fairly large minimum number, it’s gone. I would welcome an Apple designed titanium bracelet, but I think Apple isn’t interested. It shows why Apple isn’t good at truly high end products. They sold a few thousand of the very expensive first generation gold aWatches. That would have been stupendous for most all high end mechanical watch makers, but a joke for Apple. Too bad, many popular diving watches have them.