You'll be paying more for Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple One subs soon

Posted:
in General Discussion edited October 2022
The price of Apple's main subscription services including Apple Music, is rising by between $1 and $3 per month.

For the first time since the launch of its major services Apple Music, Apple TV+ and Apple One, Apple is raising the price of a monthly subscription. The increases will take effect from each user's next renewal, and in the US will be:

• Apple One: Individual: $2 to $16.95/month

• Apple One: Family: $3 to $22.95/month

• Apple One: Premier $3 to $32.95/month

• Apple Music for individuals: $1 to $10.99/month

• Apple Music for families: $2 to $16.99/month

• Apple TV+ monthly: $2 to $6.99/month

• Apple TV+ annual: $20 to $69/year

"The subscription prices for Apple Music, Apple TV+, and Apple One will increase beginning today," said a spokesperson. "The change to Apple Music is due to an increase in licensing costs, and in turn, artists and songwriters will earn more for the streaming of their music."

"We also continue to add innovative features that make Apple Music the world's best listening experience," added the spokesperson.

Regarding Apple TV+, Apple says that it "introduced Apple TV+ at a very low price because we started with just a few shows and movies."

"Three years later," the spokesperson continued, "Apple TV+ is home to an extensive selection of award-winning and broadly acclaimed series, feature films, documentaries, and kids and family entertainment from the world's most creative storytellers."

Users of the services outside the US will see approximately the same increases in their local currencies.

The rise in Apple Music's price for all users follows a move to raise its Student tier. First that was raised in various countries in May 2022, then in June to also hike it in the US, UK and Canada where it now costs $6 per month.

Apple has previously lowered the cost of Apple Music, although solely in India and then in response to local competition in 2019.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    Awww Apple must be hurting for money.  Not. 
    Chuckitelijahgwilliamlondon
  • Reply 2 of 9
    jas99jas99 Posts: 148member
    I’ll gladly pay it. 

It’s a great deal now, well worth a little higher price. 
    williamlondonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 9
    It’s worth every penny! Top shelf programs and outstanding quality 
    williamlondonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Just renewed my Apple Music subscription from monthly to yearly. Still for €99
    williamlondonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 9
    jas99 said:
    I’ll gladly pay it. 

If your wallet is too fat for you, lucky you but that’s not the case for most of us. 
    I got a kick about Apple saying they started Apple TV at a very low price so they can justify the price hike.  They’re kidding I hope. There’s still plenty of other internet based names out there for free!  My Samsung has a great choices of shows for free.  
    Dear Apple, stop overcharging us and then try to justify it with lame excuses.  
    Charlie T
    elijahgjfdesignswilliamlondon
  • Reply 6 of 9
    Apple Music is still a flaming nightmare. It is amazing how a company with such attention to detail and design offers such a grossly substandard product.  Tidal blows it out of the water. Apple Music is as bottom rung as Siri and Homekit. Good thing their hardware is so boss because their front-facing software is garbage.
    williamlondonbyronl
  • Reply 7 of 9
    byronlbyronl Posts: 356member
    Chuckit said:
    jas99 said:
    I’ll gladly pay it. 

If your wallet is too fat for you, lucky you but that’s not the case for most of us. 
    I got a kick about Apple saying they started Apple TV at a very low price so they can justify the price hike.  They’re kidding I hope. There’s still plenty of other internet based names out there for free!  My Samsung has a great choices of shows for free.  
    Dear Apple, stop overcharging us and then try to justify it with lame excuses.  
    Charlie T
    since when does samsung offer shows? with what service?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 8 of 9
    byronlbyronl Posts: 356member
    Yonoton said:
    Apple Music is still a flaming nightmare. It is amazing how a company with such attention to detail and design offers such a grossly substandard product.  Tidal blows it out of the water. Apple Music is as bottom rung as Siri and Homekit. Good thing their hardware is so boss because their front-facing software is garbage.

apple music is so buggy it feels like a beta. siri has been getting dumber and dumber for the past two-three years in my experience.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    MplsPMplsP Posts: 3,911member
    Yeah, this was enough for me to cancel my Apple Music Family subscription. The interface was never great and it was downright atrocious in CarPlay. 

I started paying for a Spotify membership a few months ago since Tesla doesn’t have CarPlay (that’s another issue.) The Spotify interface isn’t great either but it’s at least a bit better than Apple Music and Spotify’s playlists are far better. I haven’t noticed a significant  difference in the music content, either. 

The way Apple structures it’s Apple One package doesn’t really make sense, either, especially for family memberships.