chipotle

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
have you guys been?

what do you get?

i personally like to get a chicken burrito with pinto beans, hot salsa, sour cream, cheese, lettuce, and tomatoes.

i've also tried the steak, and various salsas, but the chicken is so money, baby.

mmmmmm. Shocking that a place so good could be owned by the McDonald's corporation.

Note: Baja Fresh, that works, too. However, their actual burritos are inferior to Chipotle's. It might be made up for in the plethora of free sauces that they offer, something that Chipotle is decidedly cheap on, i mean, $1.25 for guacamolé?

Also, any local burrito joint that offers a burrito the size of a deflated football (like the now-superceded Burrito Brothers here in DC) works for discussion. Perhaps I should have called the thread 'The fine art of the Burrito"?

Discuss.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 34
    dstranathandstranathan Posts: 1,717member
    MY FAVE FOOD CHAIN. PERIOD. (Yes, I was shouting)

I eat there 2 times a week. They are all over my town now (KC)! Like 10 locations!

FYI: McDonalds owns about 50% of their stock! Ain't that a kicker?

I get the same thing EVERY TIME:

Fat-@ss chicken burrito

black beans

3 sauces: corn, tomato and hot.

cheese, no sour cream.

I think their hot sauce is damn good!

All the girls at my local Chipotle's are cute, too!

Baja Fresh ain't that good. More sauces? True. Fish? True. But over all, Chipotle owns Baja Fresh. Cooler environment, too (I hate those 80's b/w checker tiles)
  • Reply 2 of 34
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    I remember going to The California Tortilla in high school (aka C.T.). Cordell Ave, Bethesda. Since then they have expanded. I don't know how it compares with anything else in the market, but I like the fact that they stock some serious hot sauces.

I usually just got the beef or steak. I like how the steak is sort of chewy.

As for Chipotle peppers, I like em.
  • Reply 3 of 34
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    Sounds GREAT! I have one right next to the Starbucks I visit and I have never even ate there!!! That will change very soon.

Fellows
  • Reply 4 of 34
    Quote:

Originally posted by FellowshipChurch iBook

Sounds GREAT! I have one right next to the Starbucks I visit and I have never even ate there!!! That will change very soon.

Fellows

it's genius.

you pick what kind of thing you want, burrito, fajita burrito (instead of beans, you get peppers and onions), burrito bowl (burrito minus the tortilla) or soft/hard tacos. then the meat, which is either grilled chicken, grilled steak, spicy pork (haven't tried), spicy beef (haven't tried) or vegetarian (haven't tried)...

then you tell them what kind of beans (black or pinto, i prefer pinto)

then you tell them what kind of salsa, they have like 4 different types, the hot is pretty darn hot, but good.

then, cheese + sour cream, lettuce, and guacamole. you pay extra for guacamole.

then they wrap the sucker up in foil, so the heat melts the cheese. genius.

you pay, get a drink, and go to town. mmmm, burrito bliss®.
  • Reply 5 of 34
    I shall go there monday for lunch no doubt! I noticed the good looking females that seem to eat there out on the patio area outside and I almost tripped seeing all the hot females walking from Starbucks to Sprint PCS to pay my phone bill. Next time I stroll by I will stroll in and check into this cool place!

Can't wait!

Fellows
  • Reply 6 of 34
    oh fellowship, you should have investigated long ago, immediately upon seeing the basket o' babes inside...

Shame on you.
  • Reply 7 of 34
    I liked it a lot until I got food poisoning from it (twice).
  • Reply 8 of 34
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    what i really love about that place?

i was standing in line and they were out of chicken. they were cooking up more and i said i'd be happy to wait. i have to wait maybe three min., the chicken is ready and they make my burrito.

the guy gives me a free burrito for my wait!

i wasn't expecting that at all. it only makes me want to go there more often though.
  • Reply 9 of 34
    Quote:

Originally posted by alcimedes

what i really love about that place?

i was standing in line and they were out of chicken. they were cooking up more and i said i'd be happy to wait. i have to wait maybe three min., the chicken is ready and they make my burrito.

the guy gives me a free burrito for my wait!

i wasn't expecting that at all. it only makes me want to go there more often though.

Nothing like above and beyond service! That happens to me at Starbucks all the time when I order their regular "Traditional" drip coffee and they have to brew up a new batch. One good looking girl in particular always seems to be the one giving me free coffee. I might have to take her out some time

Fellows
  • Reply 10 of 34
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

I remember going to The California Tortilla in high school (aka C.T.). Cordell Ave, Bethesda. Since then they have expanded. I don't know how it compares with anything else in the market, but I like the fact that they stock some serious hot sauces.

Hey! I go to lunch there some times. Mmmmm, high school girls. I work at NIH, so we walk down there on occasion, especially when the weather's nice.
  • Reply 11 of 34
    Not even Fellowship is immune to womenly wiles.

Speaking of womenly wiles, I got coaxed out to a sunrise service today. (Jonathan: insert comment here) Ugg. Tired. . . . but you know you'd go to if a girl who looks like Kirsten Dunst hit with a reverse-ugly-stick made it plain that she really wanted you to go with her.
  • Reply 12 of 34
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    uh.. Spliny.... getting nasty there?
  • Reply 13 of 34
    Quote:

Originally posted by Defiant

uh.. Spliny.... getting nasty there?

I'm not positive what you're refering to, but I'll point out rule 1 anyway.

Rule 1) Any girl that invites you to church isn't going to be doing anything nasty. Even if she's really good looking.

If you're refering to me being nasty to fellowship, I never intended that to be the case. All i meant is that he may be very moral, but he's still a man. Now I look like an idiot spelling this stuff out. Damn language barrier. When are you Europeans going to learn American?
  • Reply 14 of 34
    No, I was referring to your comment about the girl... nothing else.

Even if she's really good looking?
  • Reply 15 of 34
    Quote:

Originally posted by Defiant

No, I was referring to your comment about the girl... nothing else.

Even if she's really good looking?

Nasty. dude. Reverse-Ugly-Stick. . . . There's a cultural term that's known as an "ugly-stick." Usage example: "She was hit with an ugly stick at birth." A reverse ugly stick would logically make you better looking. So I was saying that she's better looking than Kirsten Dunst. I don't know about your standards, but that's not too bad if you ask me.

As I said: Now I look like an idiot spelling this stuff out. Damn language barrier. When are you Europeans going to learn American?
  • Reply 16 of 34
    what? us yurropeans? no! never ever!

and, btw, I had to think about that 'reverse-ugly-stick' for a moment, but I got it.

sorry for the confusion, mr. usa.
  • Reply 17 of 34
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    Quote:

Any girl that invites you to church isn't going to be doing anything nasty.

that is totally not true. you just have to work a little harder for it.
  • Reply 18 of 34
    mggmgg Posts: 124member
    I like chipotle's pork burito with sour cream, pinto beans, and the corn sauce. It's pretty good, I'd say i go at least once a week or to this other place near my house in Denver called Chez Jozes. The locally owned burito place has burritos made for two meals, not one. If you ever vistit Denver you should try it--You'll like it.
  • Reply 19 of 34
    casecomcasecom Posts: 314member
    Chicken burrito, black beans, corn salsa, cheese, sour cream, lettuce.

It's not bad. They load 'em up with too much rice (read: cheap filler) and the tortillas are on the rubbery side, but at least that way they don't fall apart on you.
  • Reply 20 of 34
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Ain't got nothin' on Freebird's.