Bird steals a reporter's AirPod live on air

Posted:
in iOS edited November 2022
A television journalist in Chile was reporting live about rising crime in the area, when a bird perched on his shoulder -- and stole one of his AirPods.

Apparently birds in Chile have comic timing -- and are attracted to AirPods. Not a lot of background is needed to enjoy this clip from a live news broadcast, but it does help to know that the story being reported on is about crime.

It's not clear whether the reporter managed to retrieve the AirPod, as hopefully the bird soon realised it was inedible. If not, though, he could try using Apple's Find My.

Read on AppleInsider
auxio

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    The mess up. Even bird steals Apple product. After Find My locates the AirPod, I picture police cars will be surrounding the bird.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 6
    DAalsethDAalseth Posts: 2,783member
    OMG that is wonderful.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 6
    cdycdy Posts: 13member
    Those don't look like real AirPods. Isn't this an Apple site? I'd think people could tell the difference.
    lkruppwatto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 6
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,879member
    cdy said:
    Those don't look like real AirPods. Isn't this an Apple site? I'd think people could tell the difference.
    The clip quality is so terrible, who could say?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 6
    The mess up. Even bird steals Apple product. After Find My locates the AirPod, I picture police cars will be surrounding the bird.
    Not sure you could use Find My …  unless the AirPod was within bluetooth range, and then it would just emit a chirp.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Not sure you could use Find My …  unless the AirPod was within bluetooth range, and then it would just emit a chirp.
    A chirp coming out of a bird.... funny. If Looney Tunes exists today, it would make a gag out of this.
    watto_cobra