Aqara pet feeder, HOOBS Pro hub, and other smart home news

Posted:
in General Discussion
On the latest episode of the Homekit Insider podcast, your hosts discuss the international launch of the Aqara C1 pet feeder, the HOOBS Pro hub, and much more.

HomeKit Insider
HomeKit Insider

After launching roughly a year ago in China, the Aqara C1 pet feeder is available internationally. It's a diminutive feeder that is ideal for cats and small dogs.

While HomeKit doesn't support pet feeders natively, it can still be controlled via Siri Shortcuts.

Meross put one of the very first Matter-enabled smart plugs up for preorder. it isn't flashy, but it will work seamlessly with multiple smart home platforms, including Apple's HomeKit.

The new HOOBS Pro hub is up for preorder. This device has multiple connectivity methods including Zigbee, Wi-Fi, and Thread. It boasts Matter certification, allowing connected devices to work inside of Apple Home.

Finally, we got our first look at the Sleekpoint Innovations Thread-enabled interior door lock. It supports latch doors, rather than deadbolts and can work on home offices, closets, garages, and more.

Links from the show

Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at: [email protected]

Keep up with everything Apple in the weekly AppleInsider Podcast -- and get a fast news update from AppleInsider Daily. Just say, "Hey, Siri," to your HomePod mini and ask for these podcasts, and our latest HomeKit Insider episode too.If you want an ad-free main AppleInsider Podcast experience, you can support the AppleInsider podcast by subscribing for $5 per month through Apple's Podcasts app, or via Patreon if you prefer any other podcast player.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    AppleZuluAppleZulu Posts: 2,005member
    Bring the baby. Love the baby. Have the baby be a regular co-host.

Just maybe use a high-pass filter on the audio to eq out the low thumps and rumbling from the mics. My OG HomePod was bumping enough this morning I eventually had to turn it off.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Leave the baby out of your videos FFS.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    I should apologize to the baby. I just had a look at the YouTube video, and the low frequency bumping and thumping was not the baby at all. The baby is innocent!

Andrew, on the other hand, should probably either get a microphone shock absorber or keep his hands off the desk.