Kanye West confused about banks, Apple Pay, and FCC

Posted:
in General Discussion
As part of his candidacy for President, Kanye West is demanding that the FCC needs to investigate his bank after Adidas allegedly "froze his money," and disabled his Apple Pay.

According to West, after Adidas cut off business with him, they managed to freeze his money by petitioning JP Morgan Chase to do so. After finding that his Apple Pay didn't work, repeatedly, he said he looked into why.

Reportedly, Adidas put a $75 million hold on four of his bank accounts. This, in turn, likely caused Apple Pay to not work because of a lack of funds.

Bizarrely enough, West claimed this was the reason he'd be running for president -- again.

"The reason why I'm announcing that I'm running for President is I want the FCC to look at my money. If the FCC was looking at my money, there would be a possibility that Adidas wouldn't have went into JP Morgan Chase and froze my account and put a $75 million hold on four different accounts," West told RadarOnline.

Even if his claims are true about Adidas clawing back money from the bank, it's not clear who exactly West is referring to in his bid for the Presidency. While West claims that he wants the FCC -- the Federal Communications Commission -- to look into the matter, they can't help.

The matter would likely not fall under the Federal Trade Commission either. Most likely, if the bank is acting improperly -- and it's not clear that they are -- it would fall under the purview of the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) that regulates national banks.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 23
    XedXed Posts: 2,559member
    This individual isn't mentally sound. Of all the famous people I can think of, he needs a conservatorship.
    edited November 2022 DAalsethbaconstangnapoleon_phoneapartGraeme000drdavidAnilu_777tyler82tdknoxsphericappleinsideruser
  • Reply 2 of 23
    DAalsethDAalseth Posts: 2,783member
    Xed said:
    This individual isn't mentally sounds and needs a conservatorship.
    Reminds me of Howard Hughes in the last few years. Mad as a hatter, but able to afford enough attorneys and toadies to cover over his behaviour and to allow him to not get the mental help he desperately needs. I suspect that West will end up the same way Hughes did. 
    JaiOh81jeffharristdknoxsphericFileMakerFellerwatto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 23
    DAalseth said:
    Xed said:
    This individual isn't mentally sounds and needs a conservatorship.
    Reminds me of Howard Hughes in the last few years. Mad as a hatter, but able to afford enough attorneys and toadies to cover over his behaviour and to allow him to not get the mental help he desperately needs. I suspect that West will end up the same way Hughes did. 
    I agree with Trevor Noah on this. We can laugh, but at the core this is someone with mental health issues getting a platform instead of the help they need, which is unfortunate.

https://www.tiktok.com/@thedailyshow/video/7156940792953654570

The problem with catering to mentally ill individuals with wealth is there are rarely any people in their lives that aren't simply out for their money. Besides West and Hughes, another prominent example is Sarah Winchester. That house is very close to Apple's HQ.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winchester_Mystery_House

On the other side of the spectrum, but still the same catalyst, is when predatory people with power and wealth are being protected by others for personal gain. R. Kelly comes to mind. This shit doesn't happen in a vacuum.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-58556274
    edited November 2022 drdavidAnilu_777JaiOh81DAalsethjeffharrissphericFileMakerFellerwatto_cobraOnPartyBusiness
  • Reply 4 of 23
    Rich and mentally wealthy idiot. He's along the same line of Anna Sorokin, Elizabeth Holmes and Trevor Milton.
    watto_cobraOnPartyBusiness
  • Reply 5 of 23
    As part of his candidacy for President, Kanye West is demanding that the FCC needs to investigate his bank after Adidas allegedly "froze his money," and disabled his Apple Pay.

According to West, after Adidas cut off business with him, they managed to freeze his money by petitioning JP Morgan Chase to do so. After finding that his Apple Pay didn't work, repeatedly, he said he looked into why.

Reportedly, Adidas put a $75 million hold on four of his bank accounts. This, in turn, likely caused Apple Pay to not work because of a lack of funds.

Bizarrely enough, West claimed this was the reason he'd be running for president -- again.

"The reason why I'm announcing that I'm running for President is I want the FCC to look at my money. If the FCC was looking at my money, there would be a possibility that Adidas wouldn't have went into JP Morgan Chase and froze my account and put a $75 million hold on four different accounts," West told RadarOnline.

Even if his claims are true about Adidas clawing back money from the bank, it's not clear who exactly West is referring to in his bid for the Presidency. While West claims that he wants the FCC -- the Federal Communications Commission -- to look into the matter, they can't help.

The matter would likely not fall under the Federal Trade Commission either. Most likely, if the bank is acting improperly -- and it's not clear that they are -- it would fall under the purview of the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) that regulates national banks.

Read on AppleInsider
    For nationality chartered banks the OCC is the primary regulator since they grant the charter. The Federal Reserve and FDIC are also regulators for national banks and have the right to examine them but usually the OCC takes the lead. They all share their exam reports with each other.
    fred1FileMakerFellerwatto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 23
    Mental illness strikes angels as well as devils. It doesn’t erase one’s essential nature, just overlays it. It is entirely possible to be an asshole who suffers from bi-polar illness. I strongly believe that to be the case with Mr. West. 
    jeffharriswilliamlondonJaiOh81watto_cobraOnPartyBusiness
  • Reply 7 of 23
    Xed said:
    This individual isn't mentally sound. Of all the famous people I can think of, he needs a conservatorship.
    Yeah the mainstream narrative is he is crazy. 

Same as Andrew Tate - can't listen to him because he's a misogynist. 

The truth is, anyone going against their handlers in the entertainment business is either declared crazy, or put on drugs, or suicided. 

Just ask Avicii. 
    williamlondonFileMakerFellerjohnnyp
  • Reply 8 of 23

To everyone thinking he is mentally unstable - what I don't understand is that you repeat this claim, which is made in the media, but you do not check if it is actually true. 

There are many 1 hour+ podcasts online where Ye recently spoke with people. Like in the last month.

In these hours, Kanye comes across as someone who is a genius. Most people don't understand what he's saying because he's so far ahead, and because he picks up so much that people are oblivious about. 

You can agree or disagree with what he is saying but there is no question he is sharp and awake.  

When he was on Rogan, that was different, he was still pumped full of drugs that time. He was near death. But now, he's alive and aware. A truth speaker if there ever was one. Unlike other people he is not intimidated, and he doesn't back down. 
    williamlondonjohnnyp
  • Reply 9 of 23
    Rich and mentally wealthy idiot. He's along the same line of Anna Sorokin, Elizabeth Holmes and Trevor Milton.
    U might wanna make up your own mind - you will be shocked. 

They call him crazy, but I listen to him and I can see he's not only not crazy, he is very intelligent. And I've never been a Kanye fan, nor have I ever really cared for celebrities. I don't care about all that. But I care about people who speak the truth. And there we go. Very eloquent, lucid, and on a different level. 

As for the banks where people here question whether they can turn off his money - look into Andrew Tate's story. 

Andrew Tate, regardless if you think he's a douche or a top G, had all his bank accounts, twitter, IG, Facebook, even AirBnB shut down, all on the same day. I researched this and as it turns out the USA has a "ministry of truth" kind of department which works with all these parties to classify and suppress "misinformation". Just like in George Orwell's 1984. The agency came into existence after Trump won in 2016, and it coordinates big tech, government, mainstream media, and - apparently -also banks.
    williamlondon
  • Reply 10 of 23
    fred1fred1 Posts: 1,112member
    Of course he should run for president again. Those 250,000 people that voted for him last time want to see him do it again.  Don’t forget to get on the ballots, though!
    jeffharriswilliamlondonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 11 of 23
    MFGMFG Posts: 1member
    Calamander said:

I researched this and as it turns out the USA has a "ministry of truth" kind of department which works with all these parties to classify and suppress "misinformation". Just like in George Orwell's 1984. The agency came into existence after Trump won in 2016, and it coordinates big tech, government, mainstream media, and - apparently -also banks.
    Maybe you should run for President, and have the STP investigate.
    jeffharristdknoxFileMakerFellerJaiOh81watto_cobra
  • Reply 12 of 23

To everyone thinking he is mentally unstable - what I don't understand is that you repeat this claim, which is made in the media, but you do not check if it is actually true. 

There are many 1 hour+ podcasts online where Ye recently spoke with people. Like in the last month.

In these hours, Kanye comes across as someone who is a genius. Most people don't understand what he's saying because he's so far ahead, and because he picks up so much that people are oblivious about. 

You can agree or disagree with what he is saying but there is no question he is sharp and awake.  

When he was on Rogan, that was different, he was still pumped full of drugs that time. He was near death. But now, he's alive and aware. A truth speaker if there ever was one. Unlike other people he is not intimidated, and he doesn't back down. 
    I have dealt with some mental health issues. I know people who have dealt with mental health issues much more severe than i have. West is mentally ill. 
    Someone can be mentally ill and in need of help, and still be lucid. Many mentally ill people can be inspiring speakers, that can sound like they make sense. But just because he is awake and sounds sharp, doesn’t change the facts that are obvious to many; he is in desperate need of an intervention, and psychological care. Without that, and it likely would require hospitalization, West is going downhill with no brakes. The end won’t be pretty, or inspiring, just sad. Especially so because it doesn’t have to happen
    tdknoxFileMakerFellersphericJaiOh81watto_cobraravnorodomOnPartyBusiness
  • Reply 13 of 23

it turns out the USA has a "ministry of truth" kind of department which works with all these parties to classify and suppress "misinformation". Just like in George Orwell's 1984. The agency came into existence after Trump won in 2016, and it coordinates big tech, government, mainstream media, and - apparently -also banks.
    Well, looks like the foil hat squad has arrived.
    jeffharriswilliamlondontdknoxJaiOh81watto_cobra
  • Reply 14 of 23
    fred1 said:
    Of course he should run for president again. Those 250,000 people that voted for him last time want to see him do it again.  Don’t forget to get on the ballots, though!
    I agree!  that's 250,000 less votes for the other deranged stable genius.
    XedDAalsethjeffharristdknoxJaiOh81fred1watto_cobraOnPartyBusiness
  • Reply 15 of 23

They call him crazy, but I listen to him and I can see he's not only not crazy, he is very intelligent. And I've never been a Kanye fan, nor have I ever really cared for celebrities. I don't care about all that. But I care about people who speak the truth. And there we go. Very eloquent, lucid, and on a different level. 

As for the banks where people here question whether they can turn off his money - look into Andrew Tate's story. 

Andrew Tate, regardless if you think he's a douche or a top G, had all his bank accounts, twitter, IG, Facebook, even AirBnB shut down, all on the same day. I researched this and as it turns out the USA has a "ministry of truth" kind of department which works with all these parties to classify and suppress "misinformation". Just like in George Orwell's 1984. The agency came into existence after Trump won in 2016, and it coordinates big tech, government, mainstream media, and - apparently -also banks.
    He may have lucid moments, but he's not having them very often when in public. And, yes, it's very clear that he has issues. He's even admitted it. but you can also see it in his erratic behavior and his paranoid verbiage. He is on a different level, I'll give you that.

As for whether he was Lucid on Rogan's podcast, I wouldn't know, but along with your ministry of truth claims that tells me everything I need to know about your perception of reality. Lay off the conspiracy theory shit and start living in reality, man.
    darbus69tyler82tdknoxJaiOh81watto_cobra
  • Reply 16 of 23
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    Point of order, AI editors. It’s Ye, not Konye. He had his name legally changed in 2018. I don’t know what his pronouns are though.
    williamlondon
  • Reply 17 of 23
    tyler82tyler82 Posts: 1,102member
    Why doesn’t he use the “anti-woke” bank that Candace Owens started?

oh right… it went bankrupt after a few months  :D
    williamlondontdknoxJaiOh81watto_cobraOnPartyBusiness
  • Reply 18 of 23
    Interesting that some of my comments were deleted on this thread.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 19 of 23
    This headline only needed the first three words.
    JaiOh81watto_cobra
  • Reply 20 of 23
    Also, the attitude of "I need to run for president so I can get someone to look into this thing" is disturbing on many levels. Complaints get dealt with mostly even-handedly in the US; being rich and/or famous helps but not to the point of egregious bias, being US President has unfortunately been shown to tilt the system both for and against the individual concerned.

"Y'all are gonna do what I tell you when I'm in charge" is the antithesis of democracy and we need to ensure that this sort of attitude gets held in check.
    JaiOh81watto_cobraravnorodom