Foxconn paid 20,000 rioting workers to leave the company

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    MadbumMadbum Posts: 536member
    Madbum said:
    Madbum said:
    Madbum said:
    Whole thing staged by CCP to hurt American company Apple and Taiwanese  Foxconn.         “ indirectly”

Not a conspiracy, it’s fact. A week ago, Local Chinese government offered retired communist party members and soldiers to work for Foxconn. These were the same people protesting yesterday clock work like military. And today these same people says they are leaving… Gee whiz?

How do you prove they are the same people. LOL 
    Because these people haven’t even started working yet and they all extorted money from Foxconn. So they know exactly who they are. 

Sounds like we have CCP sympathizer ?
    Foxconn told you they have not started? Where do you get the information? 
    Taiwan.

but just read this head line 

“20k people paid and told to leave”

They were hired last week and  and their argument was Foxconn breeched  contract because they thought they were getting their money upfront

but Foxconn contract clearly said full bonus will be paid at end of 6 months

so Foxconn decided to pay these 20 k new people brought in by Local CCP government and told them to leave.

so Foxconn don’t even want them there anymore… in the middle of worker shortage. So Foxconn knows what is up 

Let me ask you one more time. Is this exactly what Foxconn said?
    Yes. You are a CCP supporter so there is really no use talking further . This case is clear as day . CCP wants Li Shin to take over for Foxconn, taking over their infrastructure and continue to work for Apple. This is not conspiracy  because it’s already happened to AirPods production last two years. CCP Li Shin is now sole maker of AirPods in China taking over from 2 Taiwanese companies 

I do agree that Biden’s Chips ban was done stupidly without any tact. There is another way to do it without causing so much turmoil.
    edited November 2022
  • Reply 22 of 29
    Madbum said:
    Madbum said:
    Madbum said:
    Madbum said:
    Whole thing staged by CCP to hurt American company Apple and Taiwanese  Foxconn.         “ indirectly”

Not a conspiracy, it’s fact. A week ago, Local Chinese government offered retired communist party members and soldiers to work for Foxconn. These were the same people protesting yesterday clock work like military. And today these same people says they are leaving… Gee whiz?

How do you prove they are the same people. LOL 
    Because these people haven’t even started working yet and they all extorted money from Foxconn. So they know exactly who they are. 

Sounds like we have CCP sympathizer ?
    Foxconn told you they have not started? Where do you get the information? 
    Taiwan.

but just read this head line 

“20k people paid and told to leave”

They were hired last week and  and their argument was Foxconn breeched  contract because they thought they were getting their money upfront

but Foxconn contract clearly said full bonus will be paid at end of 6 months

so Foxconn decided to pay these 20 k new people brought in by Local CCP government and told them to leave.

so Foxconn don’t even want them there anymore… in the middle of worker shortage. So Foxconn knows what is up 

Let me ask you one more time. Is this exactly what Foxconn said?
    Yes. You are a CCP supporter so there is really no use talking further . This case is clear as day . CCP wants Li Shin to take over for Foxconn, taking over their infrastructure and continue to work for Apple. This is not consolidate because it’s already happened to AirPods production.

I do agree that Biden’s Chops ban was done stupidly without any tact. There is another way to do it without causing so much turmoil.
    You are a liar! You lied about the facts I asked you before. 
  • Reply 23 of 29
    jdwjdw Posts: 1,339member
    You still don't understand culture. You try to link me to CCP proves it.

Culture is contained in the history and historical writings. Unless CCP destroys Chinese language and hide its history, the Chinese culture will never be forgotten by Chinese people. Since this the absolute truth, CCP cannot continue its governing without conforming to Chinese culture. 

I don't think you understand Western culture believes in absolute personal freedom. If you look at the several thousands years Chinese history. Chinese people is governed by a central government and emperor. They have much less personal freedom in political matters than today. 

And you don't seem to understand politics. US is democratic nation. But President Trump did many things with presidential orders without the approval of people and not Congress. Politics is just like this. TSMC has to obey US order to move several hundreds employees and family to Arizona. This is democracy? Give me a break!

US government and CCP is on a par in terms of politics. See Jobs and Apple ignored political in their business decisions. And what you are trying to do on Apple is imposing politics on Apple. 
    Whether you are or are not a mouthpiece of the CCP is something only you can say, but if you were a mouthpiece, you would obviously not be truthful about that. (serpentza has quite a lot to say on that subject.)  I merely said your words thus far SEEM to have been written by such a person.  How so?  Because you, quite curiously, haven't admitted to a single atrocity committed by the CCP.  That silence is telling.  You also continue to say that I am misinformed while you are not.  Rather than tackle the issue of past atrocities of the CCP and communism in general, you talk about culture, as if that somehow makes it all better.  Talk of culture doesn't make past atrocities better.  And talk about the differences in politics between the US and China is more of a distraction than addressing the core issue of the CCP.

I cannot be imposing politics on Apple because it was Apple who made the decision to manufacture and sell in China.  I had nothing to do with that.

When you finally concede that the CCP has done some very bad things to its people, we can then perhaps have a more productive conversation.  

Goodness knows Western culture is filled with atrocities, but at least those in the West recognize them and don't hide behind a Great Firewall to prevent their dirty secrets from leaking out to the world.  There is some censorship of "freedom of speech" which disproves your contention about "absolute personal freedom" in the West, but that Western censorship pales in comparison to the level of censorship imposed on the Chinese people by the CCP, forcing the Chinese people to use a VPN in order to watch a YouTube video or see social certain media posts that the rest of the world can watch or read freely. It is that type of suppressive environment Apple chose to manufacture and sell their products in.  

That is why I said in my previous posts that doing business in China is a great risk for Apple.  It's lucrative and so Apple remains there, but the risks remain too.  The riots spoken of by the article are part of that "risk."  That is the basis for our entire discussion, and no, risk is not merely some fantasy concocted by people who misunderstand politics or culture.  The risk is real.
  • Reply 24 of 29
    danoxdanox Posts: 2,869member
    jdw said:
    lkrupp said:
    Why would the CCP want to hurt Apple when the company provides employment for hundreds of thousands of workers, fills the coffers of the CCP with taxes from the manufacture and sales of its products in China. Even for communists money talks and bullshit walks.
    To even ask WHY the CCP would want to hurt anyone or any organization shows an utter lack of knowledge about Communists or a lack of concern, both of which are scary.  There once was a time in America when Americans knew just how heinous communism is.  These days, it seems younger folks are totally and utterly oblivious.  That is more unsettling than the news of riots.  The atrocities commented by the CCP are too numerous to mention and that is indeed WHY they would be will to "hurt Apple."

With that said, I personally don't think there is any kind of conspiracy here at all.  The commies are always pulling strings, to be sure.  But in this case, it really does appear those strings being pulled are merely attempts at getting reliable, non-rioting workers to perform important tasks at Foxconn.  When there are no riots, Foxconn is a shining diamond to the world of what's possible in communist China and the CCP knows that.  But when there are riots and general discontent, the CCP knows that news will leak, and that tarnishes the image the CCP wants to project.  Don't think that the CCP wouldn't turn on Apple on a dime though if it was in their best interest to do so.  MONEY matters little when the commies are out to get you for something they profoundly dislike.  Apple may bring benefits to the CCP right now, but Apple still has crosshairs on its back.

It would be nice if Apple could get its manufacturing out of this communist nation.  But for now, it seems they really have no better options but to be there.  

Current day extreme Republicans illustrate Russian/Putin love everyday? The thin veneer in Russia, Belarus, Turkey and China or whatever government they call themselves seem to be the same, strong man rules and they get to keep the money (except China which builds a lot of infrastructure when compared to some of the others). And there are many other countries around the world that also share the same problem strong man rules, with that same thin veneer over the top and a different name.
  • Reply 25 of 29
    jdw said:

Culture is contained in the history and historical writings. Unless CCP destroys Chinese language and hide its history, the Chinese culture will never be forgotten by Chinese people. Since this the absolute truth, CCP cannot continue its governing without conforming to Chinese culture. 

I don't think you understand Western culture believes in absolute personal freedom. If you look at the several thousands years Chinese history. Chinese people is governed by a central government and emperor. They have much less personal freedom in political matters than today. 

And you don't seem to understand politics. US is democratic nation. But President Trump did many things with presidential orders without the approval of people and not Congress. Politics is just like this. TSMC has to obey US order to move several hundreds employees and family to Arizona. This is democracy? Give me a break!

US government and CCP is on a par in terms of politics. See Jobs and Apple ignored political in their business decisions. And what you are trying to do on Apple is imposing politics on Apple. 
    Whether you are or are not a mouthpiece of the CCP is something only you can say, but if you were a mouthpiece, you would obviously not be truthful about that. (serpentza has quite a lot to say on that subject.)  I merely said your words thus far SEEM to have been written by such a person.  How so?  Because you, quite curiously, haven't admitted to a single atrocity committed by the CCP.  That silence is telling.  You also continue to say that I am misinformed while you are not.  Rather than tackle the issue of past atrocities of the CCP and communism in general, you talk about culture, as if that somehow makes it all better.  Talk of culture doesn't make past atrocities better.  And talk about the differences in politics between the US and China is more of a distraction than addressing the core issue of the CCP.

I cannot be imposing politics on Apple because it was Apple who made the decision to manufacture and sell in China.  I had nothing to do with that.

When you finally concede that the CCP has done some very bad things to its people, we can then perhaps have a more productive conversation.  

Goodness knows Western culture is filled with atrocities, but at least those in the West recognize them and don't hide behind a Great Firewall to prevent their dirty secrets from leaking out to the world.  There is some censorship of "freedom of speech" which disproves your contention about "absolute personal freedom" in the West, but that Western censorship pales in comparison to the level of censorship imposed on the Chinese people by the CCP, forcing the Chinese people to use a VPN in order to watch a YouTube video or see social certain media posts that the rest of the world can watch or read freely. It is that type of suppressive environment Apple chose to manufacture and sell their products in.  

That is why I said in my previous posts that doing business in China is a great risk for Apple.  It's lucrative and so Apple remains there, but the risks remain too.  The riots spoken of by the article are part of that "risk."  That is the basis for our entire discussion, and no, risk is not merely some fantasy concocted by people who misunderstand politics or culture.  The risk is real.
    Your logic is failing. Your assumption is there are atrocities and calling me to admit a single atrocity committed by the CCP. But what are the atrocities you could not say. To I challenge you to name one by one and I will debunk you one by one. To make it simple you can start by one. 
  • Reply 26 of 29
    Madbum said:
    On a side note. I am not sure how Apple is doing it. But IPhone 14 pro wait times has come down 1 full week last 24 hours, so Apple has found a way to increase supply amidst all of this somehow 
    My guess is production in India is way up.
  • Reply 27 of 29
    NYC362 said:
    Madbum said:
    On a side note. I am not sure how Apple is doing it. But IPhone 14 pro wait times has come down 1 full week last 24 hours, so Apple has found a way to increase supply amidst all of this somehow 
    My guess is production in India is way up.
    Apple separated iPhone 14 into two categories, the 14s and the more advanced 14 pros. India is assembling mainly the 14s. 
  • Reply 28 of 29
    jdwjdw Posts: 1,339member
    jdw said:

Your logic is failing. Your assumption is there are atrocities and calling me to admit a single atrocity committed by the CCP. But what are the atrocities you could not say. To I challenge you to name one by one and I will debunk you one by one. To make it simple you can start by one. 
    It’s easy to come along and try to shut someone down simply by saying “your logic is failing.“ The only thing failing is your mouse button, because I’ve given you plenty of links in my previous posts in this thread to give you the very examples of “atrocities“ about which I’ve been speaking. That proves you are arguing for the sake of arguing, and therefore there is no need for me to further argue with you on this point. This discussion is completely unproductive simply because you have one agenda in mind, which seems to be to defend the CCP, and you will follow that agenda regardlesd of how many links and how many replies to your questions you receive.

The end.
    muthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 29 of 29
    jdw said:
    jdw said:

It’s easy to come along and try to shut someone down simply by saying “your logic is failing.“ The only thing failing is your mouse button, because I’ve given you plenty of links in my previous posts in this thread to give you the very examples of “atrocities“ about which I’ve been speaking. That proves you are arguing for the sake of arguing, and therefore there is no need for me to further argue with you on this point. This discussion is completely unproductive simply because you have one agenda in mind, which seems to be to defend the CCP, and you will follow that agenda regardlesd of how many links and how many replies to your questions you receive.

The end.
    Who is the serpents? I quickly glanced through the transcript instead of wasting over my one hour precious watching his Youtube bullshit. He named no atrocities, zero, nada. So you are a liar. He is just accusing China propaganda. I don't think you actually tried to understand any alleged atrocity. I have not changed my mind. Your logic is failing.