Apple to open new store at American Dream Mall in New Jersey

Posted:
in General Discussion
Apple has announced that it will open a new store outside New York City on December 3 at 11:00 am ET.

The American Dream mall opened in 2019 in East Rutherford, New Jersey. It's the second-largest shopping mall in the United States, surpassing Pennsylvania's King of Prussia Mall -- the previous spot holder -- by more than 200,000 square feet. The Mall of America is still the largest shopping mall in the United States.

Apple American Dream will feature Apple's latest retail design, as pointed out by MacRumors. This includes a dedicated pickup area for online orders. It will also offer Today at Apple sessions and Genius Bar appointments.

Apple recently opened a fourth South Korean Apple Store, Apple Jamsil, in Seoul.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    JFC_PAJFC_PA Posts: 932member
    I like the concentration of shopping opportunities these places, malls, provide (and I’ve never been a fan of all the inconvenience of deliveries), and in winter in the NE the weather protection is a plus. 

There’s no need for Apple to match the number of Starbucks out there, but so far their locations are convenient enough without the risk of over saturation. 
    edited November 2022 watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 4
    I had been that mall a few times. It’s still a long way to go as far as filling up so many empty space. Also New Jersey has this strange law that retailers are not allowed to sell merchandise on Sunday including electronic stuffs. I am sure Apple will be closed on Sunday along with other retailers there. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 4
    It’s not all of NJ, but several counties still enforce “blue laws” and Bergen County, where the American Dream Mall is, just next to the Giants/Jets MetLife Stadium, is one of those counties. BTW, it took over 20 years to open that Mall.
    ravnorodomwatto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Wow. In a mall again. The only reason I've gone to a mall for the last ten or fifteen years was to go to the Apple Store. I can't believe malls exist.