Cherry releases two keyboards & Bluetooth mouse for Mac users

Posted:
in General Discussion
Cherry Americas has released two keyboards specifically for Mac users, plus a Bluetooth mouse to help enhance productivity.

KC 6000C
KC 6000C

The new products include the KW 9100 Slim for Mac, KC 6000C keyboards, and the Bluetooth-enabled GENTIX BT mouse.

KW 9100 Slim

The KW 9100 keyboard for macOS and iOS is wireless and rechargeable. The chiclet layout with numeric keypad uses SX key technology, and Cherry claims a service life of ten million keystrokes.

KW 9100 Slim
KW 9100 Slim

Only one keystroke is needed to access 13 Mac functions, such as Mission Control, Spotlight search, screen brightness, media control, and more. When FN is pressed, the keyboard performs the standard functions on the F keys.

It includes a USB-A to USB-C cable to charge the 650mAh battery. The KW 9100 Slim is available to purchase on Amazon for $59.99.

Cherry says the keyboard requires macOS High Sierra 10.13 or later.

KC 6000C

Cherry's KC 6000C is a wired USB-C keyboard with a Mac layout for the keys. Users can perform one keystroke to access 13 Mac functions, including Mission Control, Spotlight search, and more.

KC 6000C
KC 6000C

The company says that their proprietary Cherry SX scissor technology is low on noise with high quality. Service life is expected to be ten million keystrokes.

It has a sleek, minimalistic design that matches the Mac aesthetic, with rubber feet for height adjustment that provides ergonomic writing.

The KC 6000C is available to purchase through Amazon for $35.

Once again, Cherry says that this keyboard requires macOS High Sierra 10.13 or later.

Gentix BT

The Gentix BT mouse can wirelessly connect to a Mac, iPad, or even a smart TV over Bluetooth 5.0. The blue illuminated scroll wheel provides a visual highlight, giving information about the selected resolution level and the battery status.

It has a switchable, precise optical sensor that offers enough precision and speed with up to 2,000 DPI sensitivity.

Gentix BT
Gentix BT

The mouse is ready to use immediately without needing additional software. It requires macOS 11 Big Sur or later.

The Gentix BT mouse is available to purchase on Amazon for $24.99.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    coolfactorcoolfactor Posts: 2,239member
    I just can't do keyboards with those double-height Return keys, or those small left-Shift keys. They just feel and look so wrong!
    watto_cobrawilliamlondon
  • Reply 2 of 7
    I don’t get why nobody realizes there is a good market for silver and black keyboards. For Mac. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 7
    I just can't do keyboards with those double-height Return keys, or those small left-Shift keys. They just feel and look so wrong!
    The pictures are showing a German layout.  Note the greater-than/less-than key at the lower left and the double-quote above the number 2 key.

If you go to the product pages, you will see this layout in the top to photos, but if you scroll down and look at the product-details section, you will see that that photo is a US-English layout where all of the keys are where you would expect them.

I just wish I could get this keyboard with mechanical switches.  So far, I've yet to find anybody making a mechanical-switch keyboard with Apple's standard layout (including 19 F-keys)
    edited December 2022 watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 7
    felix01felix01 Posts: 294member
    shamino said:

I just wish I could get this keyboard with mechanical switches.  So far, I've yet to find anybody making a mechanical-switch keyboard with Apple's standard layout (including 19 F-keys)

Doesn't wasd keyboards make Mac key sets for their mechanical keyboards? 
  • Reply 5 of 7
    I like the current line of Apple Extended Magic keyboards. Long ago, I actually wrote an email to the TimCook Apple email address, I just begged for a full width pro wireless keyboard with numeric keypad. Don't abandon us pro Mac users and stick us with those tiny aluminum standard keyboards. So when Apple eventually shipped an Extended, it was like a dream come true. I'm an exceptionally fast typist, and this is the only keyboard I've ever used that made me want to keep my fingernails clipped short. I'm using it now. But I noticed Apple released a new version with TouchID on a key instead of the useless Eject button. I need an upgraded Mac just to use the security features of the new keyboard.
    I decided to put them together in a pic, you can see the tiny change in the new model (bottom). A little bit more rounded hey is that a roundrect? 

williamlondon
  • Reply 6 of 7
    shamino said:I just wish I could get this keyboard with mechanical switches.  So far, I've yet to find anybody making a mechanical-switch keyboard with Apple's standard layout (including 19 F-keys)
    @shamino ;
    Not quite 19 F-keys, but have you checked out 
    Matias Tactile Prohttp://matias.ca/tactilepro4/? I've used one for years, it's a workhorse.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    shaminoshamino Posts: 527member
    maxwellk2 said:
    @shamino ;
    Not quite 19 F-keys, but have you checked out 
    Matias Tactile Prohttp://matias.ca/tactilepro4/? I've used one for years, it's a workhorse.
    Thanks for the link.  The last time I looked at the Tactile Pro, it was version 3, which has Apple's older "Pro Keyboard" layout, from 2000.  The current model (version 4) is almost identical to the current Apple layout.

felix01 said:
    Doesn't wasd keyboards make Mac key sets for their mechanical keyboards? 
    If they sell a Mac-layout keyboard, I didn't find it on their web site.  They appear to be selling PC keyboards with customized switches and key-caps (and an optional set of Mac-like caps for the F-keys).  But a Mac keyboard is more than just the printing on the caps.  There should be an "Fn" key, and media functions on F1..F12.  Plus a few other differences (e.g. 18 keys on the number pad).  Plus replacing PrtScr/ScrLk/Break with F13/F14/F15.