'Black Bird' team reunite for new 'Firebug' drama on Apple TV+

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited December 2022
Apple TV+ has announced that the creator, producers, and star of "Black Bird" are to to make "Firebug," a new drama about serial arsonists.

Taron Egerton in
Taron Egerton in "Black Bird"

Just as "Black Bird" was based on true events, creator Dennis Lehane is taking his cue for the new series from real-life events. Rather than a book, though, this time the inspiration is the "Firebug" podcast, hosted by "Black Bird" executive producer Kary Antholis.

Apple says that the forthcoming series will "follow a troubled detective and an enigmatic arson investigator... as they pursue the trails of two serial arsonists."

The arson investigator is to be played by Taron Egerton, who starred in "Black Bird" and was also an executive producer. He, Lehane, and Antholis are joined by other "Black Bird" execs, Richard Plepler, Bradley Thomas, and Dan Friedkin.

No further details have been released about production or streaming dates for the new series. "Black Bird" is currently streaming in full on Apple TV+.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Loved this show. Glad to hear they are going to "reunit". 
    watto_cobralolliver
  • Reply 2 of 4
    I forgot about Black Bird and need to add it to my Up Next queue. I find that TV+ isn’t the best at showing me things that are available but I’d forgotten about if I didn’t add them to Up Next. 

cpenzone said:
    Loved this show. Glad to hear they are going to "reunit". 
    I’ll probably watch this while wearing my new Betty Book Apple Watch band. 
    watto_cobralolliver
  • Reply 3 of 4
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,360member
    Taron Egerton was great in the Kingsman movies but the second one wasn't particularly good. He was also great in Black Bird and Rocketman. So I'm in for Firebug.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    JapheyJaphey Posts: 1,767member
    macgui said:
    Taron Egerton was great in the Kingsman movies but the second one wasn't particularly good. He was also great in Black Bird and Rocketman. So I'm in for Firebug.
    Agreed about the second (and third) Kingsman movie. Check him out in Eddie the Eagle…Its a nice little hidden gem.