Belkin has a Continuity Camera MagSafe Mount for monitors now

Posted:
in iPhone
Continuity camera uses the iPhone camera as a Mac webcam, and Belkin is now offering a new MagSafe mount for monitors.

The Belkin iPhone Mount fits on desktop monitors
The Belkin iPhone Mount fits on desktop monitors

Belkin offers a MagSafe iPhone mount for Continuity Camera already, but it is built for attaching to the thin lid of a MacBook. The accessory maker has a new model available for desktops like the Studio Display.

The Belkin iPhone Mount for Mac Desktops straddles the top of a desktop display and attaches to an iPhone via MagSafe magnets. An iPhone 12 or newer with MagSafe can attach in portrait or landscape orientation.

The MagSafe puck can sit vertically or be adjusted down by 25 degrees downward. The base also has a spot to attach it to a tripod via a 1/4-inch screw.

The Belkin iPhone Mount for Desktops is available exclusively from the Apple Store, but it cannot be ordered as of the time of publication. It is priced at $29.95 and will likely be available for purchase soon.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    I've been waiting for the monitor mount version but this doesn't look like it charges your phone. It should really have a USB cable coming off it to plug into the back of the monitor so your phone always charges while mounted. I'll wait for one that does that.
    decoderringTheObannonFilewatto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 8
    I've been waiting for the monitor mount version but this doesn't look like it charges your phone. It should really have a USB cable coming off it to plug into the back of the monitor so your phone always charges while mounted. I'll wait for one that does that.
    I dunno man, unless I start live-streaming lengthy edging sessions on OnlyFans, I think I'll have sufficient charge on my phone for daily Zoom meetings. Either way, it's not like you can't plug directly into the phone.
    StrangeDayswatto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 8
    I actually would not prefer that, as for me the use case is just to pop my daily driver up when taking a zoom call, not leaving it stuck there all day with another cable dangling off the top of my monitor.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 8
    This. They need to keep this one, and add a version that is a MagSafe charger for those that want it. Uses USB-C to USB-C cable, and 20W apple charger. If you ever didn’t want it to charge, just unplug from power adapter, MagSafe still holds in place. Very useful for people who will be using continuity camera a lot.
    decoderringwatto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 8
    I spend enough of my workday in Teams calls that I often enough have to have my current MagSafe holder plugged in to keep the phone's charge up. I'd vote for a chargeable version of this.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Take an Apple Magsafe charger and some superglue. Fixed.
    edited December 2022 Spitbathwatto_cobra
  • Reply 7 of 8
    I’m seeing $39 not $29 on the US store. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 8 of 8
    I’m seeing $39 not $29 on the US store. 
    Yesterday it was $29 and not available for sale. Today it is available for order but $39.
    watto_cobra