Apple now testing Rapid Security Response updates in macOS Ventura 13.2 beta

Posted:
in macOS
A day after the first developer beta of macOS Ventura 13.2 was released, Apple has issued a Rapid Security Response for the operating system.

Beta testers get a Rapid Security Response
Beta testers get a Rapid Security Response

Added in iOS 16, iPadOS 16.1, and macOS Ventura, Apple uses Rapid Security Response to issue urgent security patches to users quickly. It's separate from the regular system update channel.

Apple released the first macOS Ventura 16.2 beta on Wednesday, and has sent out a Rapid Security Response to beta testers on Thursday, the first such release for macOS. It's not known what it contains, but it's likely a test.

The company released a couple of Rapid Security Response updates to beta testers of iOS 16.2 in November. Since it's a relatively new addition to its operating systems, Apple is likely to be testing to make it works as expected on beta versions and for official versions as well.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    I have noticed that Ventura’s Software Update settings have a number of options now, including “Install Security Responses and system files"
  • Reply 2 of 2
    dewmedewme Posts: 5,361member
    The Rapid Security Response (RSR) tests on the last round of iPadOS betas worked pretty well. Perhaps I’m too impatient or maybe I need to dig deeper, but I’d still like to be able to subscribe to receive realtime notifications when a new RSR download is available. I usually hear about these here on AppleInsider and them manually initiate the update myself. If I register as the administrator of multiple machines I’d like to get notifications for all RSRs for all machines through a single point of contact. of course, opt-in on everything.