Satechi reveals 200W 6-Port USB-C GaN charger at CES 2023

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2023
Satechi has unveiled a 200W gallium nitride charger with six ports to charge a Mac, iPad, and other devices.

Satechi 200W charger
Satechi 200W charger

Announced at CES 2023, the charger has six USB-C PD ports - two USB-C Power Delivery 3.1 and four USB-C Power Delivery 3.0. The next-generation gallium nitride (GaN) technology is roughly three times as efficient as silicon-based chargers.

Swapping out silicon for GaN also allows Satechi to reduce the size of the charger without compromising power. As a result, it's an ideal charger for powering devices at home and while traveling.

Satechi 200W 6-Port PD GaN Charger

The charger has advanced power distribution that automatically adjusts based on the number of ports used and devices connected. For example, it achieves 140W when one device is connected to either USB-C 3.1 ports and up to 200W total when additional ports are used.

The powerful charger has six USB-C ports
The powerful charger has six USB-C ports

Satechi has CE and ETL certifications for the charger, providing an efficient and safe charge for connected devices. In addition, it's compatible with USB-C and Thunderbolt devices.

Pricing & Availability

Satechi's 200W 6-Port Power Delivery GaN charger is available for preorder through Satechi for $149.99 and will begin shipping in quarter two of 2023. Additionally, customers can receive 20% off preorders with the code CES20.

AppleInsider will be covering the 2023 Consumer Electronics Show in person on January 2 through January 8, where we're expecting Wi-Fi 6e devices, HomeKit, Apple accessories, 8K monitors, and more. Keep up with our coverage by downloading the AppleInsider app, and follow us on YouTube, Twitter @appleinsider and Facebook for live, late-breaking coverage. You can also check out our official Instagram account for exclusive photos throughout the event.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,163member
    Awesome sounding charger. Satechi chargers do get hot, but I have never had trouble.
    this should be able to charge everything in a trip without trouble.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 3
    I’m interested in people’s thoughts as I’d love a single, powerful, compact multiport charger that I can take anywhere. My concern is that Li-ion batteries prefer a slow charge, in order to keep the temperature down and extend battery life.
    It seems to me that these high powered chargers will force batteries to charge at the highest speed possible, which will surely degrade the batteries faster. I would love to see a charger that allows me to choose the charging rate, or maybe a choice in iOS to select a charging speed (because sometimes fast charging is super useful!). I guess this is also true for Apple Watch, iPad and Mac. 

I currently use the lowest powered apple charging plug possible (the oldest usb-a iPhone charger I own) to charge my iPhone every night via MagSafe to encourage as slow a charge as possible in order to extend its life as much as possible. 
    edited January 2023 watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 3
    I believe all Apple battery powered devices have power management, no need for this.

watto_cobra