PC's In Apple?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Just curious, do you think there are PC's in Apple, if so what do they do and what OS are they running?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    chychchych Posts: 860member
    Of course there are PCs, and they're running OS X of course! </sarcasm>

Well they do make windows software like quicktime... and I believe some of their business oriented things need pc software, like accounting stuff, I don't know.

Hm, this is a stupid question.
  • Reply 2 of 15
    ariari Posts: 126member
    It is probable that they use Virtual PC.
  • Reply 3 of 15
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Quote:

Originally posted by chych

Of course there are PCs, and they're running OS X of course! </sarcasm>

Well they do make windows software like quicktime... and I believe some of their business oriented things need pc software, like accounting stuff, I don't know.

Hm, this is a stupid question.

HEY...no pointing out horrible flaws in my question!

definatly didn't think of that...well, um...screw u hippy!
  • Reply 4 of 15
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Judging by how horrible QuickTime for Windows is, they must only be using Macs in VPC to test it... yeesh.
  • Reply 5 of 15
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Luca Rescigno

Judging by how horrible QuickTime for Windows is, they must only be using Macs in VPC to test it... yeesh.

haha good thinking...take that chych!
  • Reply 6 of 15
    chychchych Posts: 860member
    Well... what about... Windows iPod testing! Hah! Not to mention the box-we-shall-copy-windows-features-from-or-laugh-at-profusely? Oh yeah, and what about Steve's desktop computer, didn't he use Next Step or something not Mac OS for a while... rumored anyway?
  • Reply 7 of 15
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Well, Jobs founded NeXT, a company that made UNIX boxes for running NeXT's version of UNIX. They were bought out by Apple for the NeXT OS and for Jobs to become the new CEO.

However, the NeXT computers weren't based on Intel or AMD hardware, they used Motorola 68040s (back when the 68040 was a super-powerful server class chip and most of us were using 68030s or earlier). I assume Jobs kept Macs as well as some NeXT boxen while he worked for NeXT. Apple and NeXT had different enough markets that I don't think using an Apple computer would look bad... especially since he founded the freakin' company! In fact, he founded both companies, so he can do whatever he wants.
  • Reply 8 of 15
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    What are you saying ?

Bring back " Star-trek "

The sooner unix/ linux pushes into big business software the better. Mac is positioned on the side, just waiting for BB's to give M$ the heave....
  • Reply 9 of 15
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Don't forget appleworks for windows!

I wonder how many copied they've actually sold of that.......
  • Reply 10 of 15
    I know for a fact that there is at least one PC in Apple's Human Resources department.

My employer makes a Windows-only application that companies use to manage their HR benefits, and Apple is a client of ours. I met the Apple employee who uses our software, and he told me that he has a Wintel box just for our app.

I asked him about Virtual PC, and he said he hadn't tried it.
  • Reply 11 of 15
    actually there are lots of PC's inside Apple, mostly IBM's and HP's

I also know Apple is running SAP on PC
  • Reply 12 of 15
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Gee like it's a coincidence QT on PC sucks. Whose fault do you really think that is, Apple's or Microsoft's?
  • Reply 13 of 15
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquatic

Gee like it's a coincidence QT on PC sucks. Whose fault do you really think that is, Apple's or Microsoft's?

I've seen it though, it's useable. I can barely bring myself to justify using Windows Media Player for Mac.
  • Reply 14 of 15
    dstranathandstranathan Posts: 1,717member
    One word: "eMachines"
  • Reply 15 of 15
    low-filow-fi Posts: 357member
    Quote:

Originally posted by dstranathan

One word: "eMachines"

One word: "Huh?"