Timothee Chalamet feels left out of Apple TV+ in new ad

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
After Jon Hamm got cast in an Apple TV+ show, everyone in Hollywood seems to have an Apple series -- except Timothee Chalamet.

Chalamet wants his own Apple TV+ show
Chalamet wants his own Apple TV+ show

Chasing down a similar theme to "Everyone but Jon Hamm," a new Apple TV+ ad called "Call Me" features Timothee Chalamet feeling left out of Apple's success. The short ad shows him viewing Apple TV+ content at different moments, thinking out loud about how he'd be able to perform each role.

One moment in the ad, Chalamet receives a call from Jason Momoa, who shares that he's just wrapped on his new Apple show. Chalamet asks, "wait, you have a new Apple show?" and Momoa responds, "at this point, who doesn't?"

{"@context":"https://schema.org/","@type":"VideoObject","name":"Call Me with Timothee Chalamet | Apple TV+","description":"Apple TV+ has almost all the biggest stars in Hollywood. Almost. Timothee Chalamet wants in. ","thumbnailUrl":"https://i.ytimg.com/vi/-p89peAjbLA/sddefault.jpg","uploadDate":"2023-01-20T18:59:49Z","duration":"PT1M39S","embedUrl":""}

The original ad, "Everyone but Jon Hamm" was nominated for an Emmy. Ultimately, Jon Hamm was hired for a role on "The Morning Show."

If Apple follows this pattern, we'll surely hear of a new series or role starring Timothee Chalamet in the coming months.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,167member
    Well, I would prefer him to concetrate on Dune. I might have some niggles with Chalamet in the Paul atriedes role, but that production is absolutely awesome 
  • Reply 2 of 6
    fred1fred1 Posts: 1,112member
    Just wondering why when AppleInsider reports on a video they never include that video or a link. Sites like MacRumors do. 
  • Reply 3 of 6
    fred1 said:
    Just wondering why when AppleInsider reports on a video they never include that video or a link. Sites like MacRumors do. 
    We are clearly not seeing the same thing.

lolliver
  • Reply 4 of 6
    fred1fred1 Posts: 1,112member
    fred1 said:
    We are clearly not seeing the same thing.

Very true. Must be one of my off days (weeks? months?). Apologies to anyone I offended by my comment. 
    muthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 5 of 6
    JP234 said:
    Isn't Timothee Chalamet busy with his "Dune" series on HBO Max? Or the inevitable "Bones and All" cannibalism rom-com? Apple TV+ should make choices based on what viewers want to see, not what actors want. And so far, they're doing a great job. Much better quality vs. quantity ratio than anyone else in the streaming milieu. If he's a fit for a future concept, fine, but I didn't like him in Dune. And there's no way I'm going to watch a romance between cannibals. Gotta draw the line somewhere, and that's it. If I'm going to watch a show about cannibals, I want them to be Maoris or zombies, not millenials (zombie cannibal millennials, sure. They're mostly iPhone zombies anyway).

You do understand that this is an advertisement, and that he was paid, by Apple, to appear in it, right?

To me, it seems like a safe bet that Chalamet will, in fact, be appearing in an Apple TV movie, show, or series in the not to distant future.
    edited January 2023 FileMakerFeller