Apple Original film 'Still: A Michael J. Fox Movie' premieres at Sundance

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2023
The premiere of the Apple Original Films feature "Still: A Michael J. Fox Movie" took place on Friday at the Sundance Film Festival, with Fox speaking in a Q&A about the film afterward.

Director and producer Davis Guggenheim and Michael J. Fox at the
Director and producer Davis Guggenheim and Michael J. Fox at the "Still" Sundance premiere

The premiere was a red carpet affair in Park City, with the actor appearing alongside Tracy Pollan, director and producer Davis Guggenheim, producers Annetta Marion, Jonathan King, and Will Cohen, among others.

"Still: A Michael J. Fox Movie" is a non-fiction motion picture about the life of Michael J. Fox, recounting his improbable tale in his own words by combining documentary, archival and scripted elements. It goes from his life at a Canadian army base as an "undersized kid" to the heights of his stardom, then his life following a Parkinson's disease diagnosis at 29.

According to Apple, the film will "explore what happens when an incurable optimist confronts an incurable disease." Watching the film will apparently "feel like well, like a Michael J. Fox movie."

The film was announced in April 2022, with Guggenheim as director and with Concordia Studio producing it. The film is the second project in the partnership between Apple and Concordia Studio.

Like others under the Apple Original Films banner, "Still" will head to Apple TV+ in the future, but a release date has not yet been set for it.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    I remember in the ‘80s that James Cagney wanted Michael J. Fox to play him in a biography.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Michael J. Fox's guest role as the OCD surgeon in Scrubs was one of the funniest and most touching characters I have ever seen on TV.

I'm looking forward to this documentary.
    edited January 2023