NHL Playoffs 2003

Comments

• Reply 21 of 259
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    *hip checks thread to the top*

Woo HOO! Vancouver lives to fight another day. I have to say, I would love to see a Vancouver - Ottawa Final ... or Colorado - Ottawa. That would be some truly excellent hockey. That's what drives me nuts about teams like Philly and NJ -- all the trapping crap slows down the game so much. Hopefully next year they nix the Red Line.
  • Reply 22 of 259
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Another shout out to the Avs. I like Washington as a home team, but watching them isn't too great. They are, simply put, a boring team. On the other hand, Sakic is the man. When he's on the ice, it's some great hockey.

I hope the Avs win it again.
  • Reply 23 of 259
    The Wild just made it a series again today. I was working so I didn't see it, but just as well.

I will say that other than the Sens pummeling the Leafs (probably won't happen at the rate Philly is going now), the Wild beating Dallas would be the ULTIMATE hockey revenge / sweet irony story. Nothing would be cooler than that.

Stars fan mentality = "hey let's yell "STARS!" REAL loud-like when the guy singing the national anthem says the word "star". Knuckle-heads. I still say they wouldn't know a hook from a trip if their lives depended on it. Probably because of all the big hair that's in the way... they can't see the sticks real well down there.
  • Reply 24 of 259
    argentoargento Posts: 483member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Moogs

The Wild just made it a series again today. I was working so I didn't see it, but just as well.

Hell yes!! Go WiLD! Back to St. Paul......where we haven't won once..... ah well times are a changing baby!
  • Reply 25 of 259
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Worst

penalty shot

ever.
  • Reply 26 of 259
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member
    Canucks get the fever, Blues get the flu. Nucks win game 7.

Leafs... uh, nice penalty slap? Better than the year of 6 shots per game.

Van - Ott would be cool. Canucks in 7.
  • Reply 27 of 259
    overtime again... more playoff for your tv dollar. ;p
  • Reply 28 of 259
    Wild beat Avs in OT to force Game 7!
  • Reply 29 of 259
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Go Wild! I'm so tired of the Avs. Bring on the real teams!
  • Reply 30 of 259
    YEAH!!!!!!!!!! LEAFS WIN !!!!!!!!!!!! 2-1 in double overtime. OH YEAAHHHHHHH

Would be nice to see the Canucks kick the crap out of the Blues tomorrow to advance to the second round and that the Maple Leafs kick the crap out of the Flyers to advance to the second round as well. This year is Canada's year.
  • Reply 31 of 259
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    Hmmm... I keep saying the Leafs are good enough if they get lucky, but only if they get lucky. Weird team, they don't really show up for every game though.
  • Reply 32 of 259
    argentoargento Posts: 483member
    GO WILD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!
  • Reply 33 of 259
    Quote:

Originally posted by Matsu

Hmmm... I keep saying the Leafs are good enough if they get lucky, but only if they get lucky. Weird team, they don't really show up for every game though.

I could agree no more. They got amazing players and lets hope that they win it tomorrow. Ottawa may be our only chance at a Cup. BTW, I would like to see a TO and Ottawa rematch though.
  • Reply 34 of 259
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    got to meet Norm Coleman today. thanked him for the hockey team.

WOOO Wild!!!!
  • Reply 35 of 259
    willoughbywilloughby Posts: 1,457member
    I'm pumped. I'm going to the Flyers Game 7 in Philly tonight. woot.

Hopefully it won't go into OT. I don't think my heart can handle it anymore.
  • Reply 36 of 259
    Quote:

Originally posted by Willoughby

I'm pumped. I'm going to the Flyers Game 7 in Philly tonight. woot.

Hopefully it won't go into OT. I don't think my heart can handle it anymore.

Lucky guy. Cheer for the Maple Leafs while you are there.
  • Reply 37 of 259
    What a great playoff season this is turning out to be. Three game 7's tonight ... three. Looks like Philly is on their way to ousting Toronoto, and tonight Colorado and Vancouver try to stay alive for another round. That Minnesota game last night was crazy. Those fans were PUMPED. Almost makes me want to see them win just for the possibility of meeting Dallas and kicking the crap out of them, but I like Colorado too much.

• Reply 38 of 259
    Quote:

Originally posted by Moogs

What a great playoff season this is turning out to be. Three game 7's tonight ... three. Looks like Philly is on their way to ousting Toronoto, and tonight Colorado and Vancouver try to stay alive for another round. That Minnesota game last night was crazy. Those fans were PUMPED. Almost makes me want to see them win just for the possibility of meeting Dallas and kicking the crap out of them, but I like Colorado too much.

watch the canucks game for crowd frenzy... unless it's a blowout early

if washington and edmonton had won, there would have been FIVE game 7's. remote control thumb.
  • Reply 39 of 259
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    Looks like the leafs are just about done. Oh well, they haven't been serious about winning anything since the 60's, barring a short but wonderful stint with Gilmor, they've sucked consistently.

They're done, 5-1 now, might as well break a few legs and make things easier for the Senators.

Come on Belfour, use that big stick and cap Primeau or Roenick before Hitchcock wises up and pulls them off the ice.
  • Reply 40 of 259
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    man, if minnesota played dallas they'd never finish the game. there'd be a bloody fight every 30 seconds.....

.....in the stands.