Apple Fitness+ review: Two years later, barely treads water

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 32
    DAalseth said:
    Having been through a number of years of PE classes in school with inept PE teachers I’ll pass, on Apple Fitness or from anyone else. I hated having an old guy shouting at me for “one more rep” then and I’m bloody well not going to pay to have someone do it over video now. I work out six days a week, I take the special and monthly challenges that come on my AW. But subscribing to a service? Not gonna happen. They can F all the way off. 

Thanks for the update. We were all on pins and needles waiting for your commentary. 
    igorsky
  • Reply 22 of 32
    I assume that Apple owns the entire stack in Apple Fitness, so to speak. The trainers are employed/ hired by Apple and I am not aware of any videos or workouts that are copyrighted by someone else. So on the whole, I don't know why Apple hasn't made it available across more countries. 
    It seems like the one thing that would require very little red tape clearance. 
    My guess is that Apple would want to tailor the content for each region, adding expense to the project. It might still happen, though.
    Oferwatto_cobrabestkeptsecret
  • Reply 23 of 32
    I assume that Apple owns the entire stack in Apple Fitness, so to speak. The trainers are employed/ hired by Apple and I am not aware of any videos or workouts that are copyrighted by someone else. So on the whole, I don't know why Apple hasn't made it available across more countries. 
    They don't own the music. So they have to license that by country since publishers can change from country to country. They could just change the play lists but the trainers often make reference to particular songs in the workout. I doubt music is the largest hold up with going global but it is an example of these things can be more complex than they initially seem. 
    watto_cobrabestkeptsecretStrangeDays
  • Reply 24 of 32
    Can I take Apple Fitness+ to the gym with me, i.e. will it still work with just my phone for video and my watch?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 25 of 32
    It isn't clear that the writer of this post actually uses Apple Fitness+.

Much of the information is flat out wrong.

Many of the opinions are, at best, PERSONAL OPINIONS and worth exactly what the reader pays for them (exactly zero).

Surprised the Appleinsider would publish this highly incorrect and often blatantly slanted item. Usually you do much better...
    watto_cobraStrangeDays
  • Reply 26 of 32
    igorskyigorsky Posts: 757member
    dbs888 said:
    It isn't clear that the writer of this post actually uses Apple Fitness+.

Much of the information is flat out wrong.

Many of the opinions are, at best, PERSONAL OPINIONS and worth exactly what the reader pays for them (exactly zero).

Surprised the Appleinsider would publish this highly incorrect and often blatantly slanted item. Usually you do much better...
    Not to mention the contradicting conclusions between the dramatic headline ("barely treads water") and the last paragraph ("almost there, but not quite").

All I can say is that I now exercise regularly because of Fitness+, so it's been a life-changer for me personally.
    edited January 2023 Oferraulcristianwatto_cobraStrangeDays
  • Reply 27 of 32
    igorskyigorsky Posts: 757member
    I just bought an indoor bike so I was getting ready to sign up for Fitness+ again, but this review may have changed my mind with just one sentence: "You cannot filter workouts by exercise equipment". I want to be able to filter "20 minute bike workouts". I have zero interest in scrolling through waves of screens to find what I'm looking for. If anyone knows different, I'd love to know.
    Well then you'll be happy to know that the quote you're highlighting is absolutely incorrect.  There is an entire section of only bike exercises.

The inaccuracies in this article are starting to border on irresponsible.
    Oferraulcristianwatto_cobraStrangeDays
  • Reply 28 of 32
    Can I take Apple Fitness+ to the gym with me, i.e. will it still work with just my phone for video and my watch?

Well I did it many times with my iPad and the Apple Watch. Not sure about the iPhone.
    watto_cobrabeowulfschmidt
  • Reply 29 of 32
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,168member
    Thing about fitness+ is it is gneerslly about a third the subscription price of the myriad ATV and iOS fitness apps you can access, many of which are a much more direct competitor than peleton.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 30 of 32
    And I do trust Apple trainers. A friend of mine was doing flying Bulgarian stockades (or something like that) from a guy from TikTok and he ruined his knee.

watto_cobra
  • Reply 31 of 32
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,881member
    Keep in mind they’re recorded to specific music — host trainers will refer to the songs being played. And as we all the labels restrict that to regions. 
  • Reply 32 of 32
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,881member
    Yes. Playback on your phone and headphones, using your AW for data collection.