Apple Music launches Rihanna's Road to Halftime show in Spatial Audio

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2023
Ahead of Super Bowl LVII, Apple Music has released music from Rihanna's Road to Halftime show in Spatial Audio, and will feature an interview with the artist.

Rihanna
Rihanna

Starting Monday, subscribers can access her songs with Spatial Audio in Dolby Atmos. And on February 9, 2023, Apple Music Radio's Nadeska Alexis will interview Rihanna at the Super Bowl LVII Halftime Show Press Conference.

Viewers can tune in live or watch on demand on Apple Music, on Apple Music's TikTok, Instagram, YouTube, and Twitter, or on the NFL Network, according to Apple's announcement.

Rihanna's Road to Halftime on Apple Music will include an official collection of 32 playlists featuring the top songs each NFL team listens to in the locker room, the weight room, and on game day.

More pregame moments will include exclusive warmup playlists curated by NFL players such as Travis Kelce from the Kansas City Chiefs, Stefon Diggs of the Buffalo Bills, Trevon Diggs from the Dallas Cowboys, and other stars. Apple Music will also have a throwback video playsts that revisits previous halftime performances.

Programming on Apple Music Radio will also include "Halftime Hype Radio," a 10-part series reflecting on some of the most notable Super Bowl Halftime performances of all time; "Rihanna Revisited Radio," an eight-episode roundtable exploring the cultural impact of the elusive singer's catalog; and "Live from Super Bowl LVII," featuring daily live broadcasts.

Radio hosts will include Zane Lowe, Ebro Darden, and Nadeska Alexis, and the "Live from Super Bowl LVII" segment will feature various surprise guests.

It wraps up on Monday, February 13, with "Halftime Recap Radio" to celebrate the debut of Apple Music's Super Bowl Halftime Show.

Additionally, the new Apple Music Sing feature lets fans sing along with songs from Rihanna and other artists, and perform duets, sing backup, and more on all compatible iPhone and iPad models and the new Apple TV 4K.

Earlier in January, Apple Music teased a trailer on YouTube with Rihanna. Apple Music also features a spot in its app that highlights the trailer and includes playlists from Rihanna, NFL player playlists, and videos from previous Halftime Shows for fans to "Rih-fresh" their memory.

Apple users can subscribe to Apple Music at various plans to access a catalog that features over 100 million songs. Plans include $10.99 per month for an individual, $16.99 per month for a family, or $4.99 per month for the Voice plan.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    danoxdanox Posts: 2,853member
    From 1920 to 2010 I was able to keep up with popular music not anymore I gotten old and the current lineup of divas just seem to have no singing talent, I’ve tried listening to the top three songs of some of them on iTunes and I’m surprised at how bad most of the songs are, in the past, even though I wasn’t a fan of certain genres I could always listen to, or find common ground with one, two or three songs that were some of the best of a particular artist that’s disappeared for me in recent times.
    edited January 2023
  • Reply 2 of 15
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    The halftime show has been a complete joke for 20 years.  Katy Perry and Lady Gaga were watchable/listenable, but each show was so over-the-top ridiculous that it's hard to even make them exceptions.  The shows feature: 

1. Insanely overproduced, seizure-inducing effects and choreography 
    2. Washed-up, aged talent (e.g. Tom Petty, Rolling Stones)
    3. Inappropriate genre (Bruno Mars, Black Eyed Peas) 
    4. Awful lip syncing (for literally every performer) 
    5. Acts no-one over the age of 30 has heard of (e.g. The Weeknd) 

Until the mid eighties, they had marching bands.  The peak of it was probably Michael Jackson, and even then I remember thinking "no one calls him The King of Pop."  

I usually watch to take pleasure in how epically awful the show is.  If Rihanna's hair is any guide (from the commercials), I shouldn't be disappointed.  

ITGUYINSD
  • Reply 3 of 15
    Well kids, we've found where grandpa likes to hide his comments!
    edited January 2023 sconosciutodewmelolliverbyronl
  • Reply 4 of 15
    jeromecjeromec Posts: 191member
    sdw2001 said:
    I am way over 30 and like The Weeknd. Thanks for making me feel young 😊.
    Spitbathsconosciutololliverbyronl
  • Reply 5 of 15
    sdw2001 said:
    The halftime show has been a complete joke for 20 years.  Katy Perry and Lady Gaga were watchable/listenable, but each show was so over-the-top ridiculous that it's hard to even make them exceptions.  The shows feature: 

Until the mid eighties, they had marching bands.  The peak of it was probably Michael Jackson, and even then I remember thinking "no one calls him The King of Pop."  

I usually watch to take pleasure in how epically awful the show is.  If Rihanna's hair is any guide (from the commercials), I shouldn't be disappointed.  

1. Have you been to a major rock concert in the last 30 years? Or do you prefer lounge singers?
    2. Nothing wrong with having a career that has been long and successful, fans that revere you, and songs that stand the test of time.
    3. What makes these genres "inappropriate" exactly? Not white enough for you?
    4. Pretty commonplace for a one-time performance that is 13 minutes in length and needs to go off with the least amount of technical difficulties possible.
    5. I'm almost 47 and there's never been a halftime performer I have never heard of. I would say the same for my peers as well.

And just out of curiousity, what's your issue with Rihanna's hair? Is that also not white enough for you?

sconosciutoapplebynaturelollivermuthuk_vanalingambyronlfastasleepbala1234
  • Reply 6 of 15
    Spitbath said:
    Well kids, we've found where grandpa likes to hide his comments!
    and as well, who else goes in the AI commenters block list!
    lolliver
  • Reply 7 of 15
    Spitbath said:
    I'm almost 47 and there's never been a halftime performer I have never heard of. I would say the same for my peers as well.

I'm 57 and feeling a whole lot better about my age after reading comments like that of sdw2001. Of course, my playlist is full of EDM and DJ mixes and house and trance and LG and Lizzo and Meg and...

I bet sdw2001 is one of those prigs who got all offended by WAP
    Spitbathlolliverfastasleep
  • Reply 8 of 15
    I think there could be a more happy medium between what sdw2001 is complaining about, and having the last 2 years of half-time shows produced by a rapper.  The show is supposed to be entertaining to everyone, and while that may not be possible for the entire span of age groups, I think choosing rap music is a poor choice for a genre that is supposed to be entertaining for everyone.  Most people can't even hear the words.  Personally, I got ZERO entertainment from the Weeknd and the rap-a-looza that was last years show.

Now, I'm not into Rhianna either, but I'm open to an entertaining show this year and hopefully I can understand the words.  
    edited January 2023
  • Reply 9 of 15
    JP234 said:
    Remind me to miss this. And the halftime show.
    I bet you think your comments are witty and incisive.
    Spitbath
  • Reply 10 of 15
    JapheyJaphey Posts: 1,767member
    Weird to see so many angry people on the forum of a story about Rihanna. 
    edited January 2023 byronlSpitbath
  • Reply 11 of 15
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,166member
    Entire point of the half time show is to go off and  do your business and then whip up some wontons.
  • Reply 12 of 15
    byronlbyronl Posts: 362member
    danox said:
    From 1920 to 2010 I was able to keep up with popular music not anymore I gotten old and the current lineup of divas just seem to have no singing talent, I’ve tried listening to the top three songs of some of them on iTunes and I’m surprised at how bad most of the songs are, in the past, even though I wasn’t a fan of certain genres I could always listen to, or find common ground with one, two or three songs that were some of the best of a particular artist that’s disappeared for me in recent times.
    Beyoncé, Ariana grande, Lady gaga and others are great vocalists imo
  • Reply 13 of 15
    fastasleepfastasleep Posts: 6,417member
    danox said:
    HAHAHAHAHA yeah, Rihanna can't sing. That's why she's a billionaire with 235 awards and 635 nominations.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_awards_and_nominations_received_by_Rihanna

Spitbath
  • Reply 14 of 15
    fastasleepfastasleep Posts: 6,417member
    sdw2001 said:

Mediocre male upset about talented black woman — specifically mentioning her hair — in a tech forum, again. Story at 11.
    muthuk_vanalingamSpitbath