>console login

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hello,

I suppose most of you know of the way to go back into Console mode (at the login window use >console as the user and nothing as the password). I was wondering how I could make my iBook boot straight into that "user".

Also how can I view all the users on my system? Like the daemon, www, root and all the other users that unix has. In RedHat/KDE I could see them all, but I don't know how to see them here.

I've search the core using apropos/whatis and man and other... but I just can't find anywhere that displays the all the hidden users and/or determines the auto-login of MacOSX...

Btw... I'm using 10.2.5... oviously

Thank you for your help.

Dale Mox

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Quote:

Also how can I view all the users on my system? Like the daemon, www, root and all the other users that unix has. In RedHat/KDE I could see them all, but I don't know how to see them here.

Applications>Utilities>NetInfo Manager
  • Reply 2 of 3
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Dale Mox

Hello,

I suppose most of you know of the way to go back into Console mode (at the login window use >console as the user and nothing as the password). I was wondering how I could make my iBook boot straight into that "user".

Command + S at startup.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Hey thank you guys. I forgot about NetInfo.

Ok. Oh and I know Cmd+S the single mode boot. Except that that boots only into root user... or maybe not if I run login...

Doesn't matter. Thanks again

Dale Mox