macOS Ventura 13.2.1 is here with bug fixes and improvements

Posted:
in macOS edited February 2023
After some confusion, Apple has released macOS Ventura 13.2.1 to Mac users with bug fixes and performance improvements.

Apple releases macOS Ventura 13.2.1
Apple releases macOS Ventura 13.2.1

Apple released the previous public update for macOS Ventura on January 23. It added support for physical security keys and the Rapid Security Response System for urgent security fixes.

Users can now update to macOS Ventura 13.2.1, though it isn't clear if this update contains any new user-facing features. Instead, it appears only to include the usual bug fixes and performance improvements.

The 13.2.1 update carries build number 22D68.

Apple hasn't yet begun the next beta testing cycle for macOS Ventura 13.3. The previous cycle ended on January 10.

How to update to macOS Ventura 13.2.1

Users with automatic updates enabled don't have to do anything, as macOS Ventura 13.2.1 will automatically install at some point in the next day or so. Those who want to install the update sooner can do so manually.

1. Open System Preferences

2. Select "General"

3. Select "Software Update"

4. Select the update option and follow the prompts

The update availability has been confirmed by Apple's website listing releases. It follows 45 minutes of Apple posting releases to the beta content delivery network and vice versa. As of 1:49 PM ET, everything has been sorted out.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    Any update that fixes bugs and security flaws is good. Why some people complain is beyond me.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 4
    maltzmaltz Posts: 453member
    Indeed, one of the best Mac OS X versions ever (10.6, iirc) resulted when then spent an entire major version adding almost NO user-facing changes, and spent all their effort on cleanup.  I would love to see them make a standing policy of that, say, every 5-8 years.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 4
    maltz said:
    Indeed, one of the best Mac OS X versions ever (10.6, iirc) resulted when then spent an entire major version adding almost NO user-facing changes, and spent all their effort on cleanup.  I would love to see them make a standing policy of that, say, every 5-8 years.

Let's not forget that Snow Leopard had some showstopping bugs in the earlygoing, particularly the guest account bug that could wipe out user account data if the upgrade was done from a guest login. And Snow Leopard also had a much lengthier list of incompatible apps.

Version 10.6.8 is the one that everyone fondly remembers as a fast and rock solid OS (definitely the most reliable version of OS X that I ever used). But, it took a while to reach that point.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 4
    lkrupp said:
    Any update that fixes bugs and security flaws is good. Why some people complain is beyond me.

Seeing as I can no longer use my external drives, it is not idle whining. Apple screwed up. I have tested hard and softwarre professionaally for years and telling people to reinstall an operating system is bs. I read one account where the user reinstalled the OS and still cannot use their USB external devices.
    https://piunikaweb.com/2023/02/08/macos-ventura-13-2-update-bricks-external-hdd-mounting-and-usb/
    muthuk_vanalingam