Target & Apple partner for more retail shopping experiences

Posted:
in General Discussion
After two years of partnership, Target is expanding its Apple shopping experience to more stores to enhance the customer experience.

Apple shopping will arrive to more Target stores
Apple shopping will arrive to more Target stores

Target had first announced in February 2021 that it would bring Apple shopping destinations to some of its stores, referred to as the "Apple at Target shop-in-shop". The retailer then doubled Apple's retail presence in Target stores in October 2021, and tripled it within its stores to over 150 locations in 2022.

In an announcement by Target on Tuesday, the company announced its roadmap of investments to spur growth and a "differentiated guest experience," which includes expanding Apple shop-in-shop to more Target stores. To increase its guest-centric services, an operational network of stores and supply chain facilities, digital experiences, and other capabilities, the firm expects to invest $4 billion to $5 billion in 2023.

Target plans to open approximately 20 new stores to reach new customers and invest in about 175 existing stores. However, it hasn't mentioned which locations will see the addition of Apple retail services.

The retailer is also offering deals on various Apple services through its membership program. They include Apple TV+, Apple Music, News+, Apple Arcade, and iCloud+, free for three months, and one for Apple Fitness+, free for four months -- expiring on September 28, 2023.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    omasouomasou Posts: 575member
    Is Target really the go to place most people think of when they think Apple + retail?
  • Reply 2 of 7
    JapheyJaphey Posts: 1,767member
    omasou said:
    Is Target really the go to place most people think of when they think Apple + retail?
    Not yet, but maybe they will be after the expansion. I know I would rather go there than to any of the Apple Stores in my area. 
    StrangeDaysronnlkruppbala1234byronl
  • Reply 3 of 7
    chasmchasm Posts: 3,304member
    omasou said:
    It’s helpful to remember that much of America doesn’t have an Apple Store within an hour’s drive of them, but likely has big box stores like Target far, far closer.

Not everyone lives in the big megacities, and many millions live in sizable but smaller communities an hour or more away from their nearest metropolis. For example, I have some friends who live in LaGrange, Stone Mountain, Athens, and Marietta in Georgia, and trips into Atlanta proper are very rarely on those folks’ radar.

First rule of retail: go where the people (with money) are. Increasingly, that means “the burbs and the bedroom communities.”
    edited February 2023 StrangeDaysronnbyronl
  • Reply 4 of 7
    There was used to be Best Buy near my house and it was convenient for me to get Apple stuffs there. After it closed down, Target next door is what is left. So Apple inside Target will definitely help. Best Buy's many stores closing down affects Apple's store within. This Target deal is probably in response to the close down.
    StrangeDaysbyronl
  • Reply 5 of 7
    mike1mike1 Posts: 3,286member
    omasou said:

If I am not ordering from Apple directly for a customized Mac or something, Target is my very first choice of retailer for almost everything. Plus, I get to save an additional 5% when using a Target debit or credit card.
    ronnwilliamlondonbyronl
  • Reply 6 of 7
    ronnronn Posts: 654member
    Target is nearer than any Apple store. And as another poster wrote, that additional 5% for using the Target RedCard is a big incentive. It makes no sense for me to go directly to Apple as I don't need customized gear. My local Target is bigger and usually not crowded at the tech section unless it's holiday time. And I can make arrangements for same day pickup if necessary.