iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Plus now available in yellow

Posted:
in iPhone edited March 2023
Apple is adding another color option to its roster, with customers able to order the iPhone 14 in yellow.

Following leaks from March 3, Apple has confirmed it is performing its usual mid-cycle color update, with the iPhone 14 being offered for purchase in a new colorway.

The new addition for March 2023 is Yellow, a bright hue that joins the existing five colors the iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Plus was previously offered in.

The addition of Yellow brings the total color count for the iPhone 14 to six, adding on top of Midnight, Starlight, Purple, Blue, and (Product)Red.

A mid-cycle upgrade of color options is now an established pattern for Apple. For March 2022, the iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Pro added green, while 2021 focused on purple for the iPhone 12.

The iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max colorways remain unchanged, with of Space Black, Silver, Gold, and Deep Purple all available.

The new colors are available for preorder at ATT.com and Verizon.com on March 10 and begin shipping March 14. They are priced identically with the iPhone 14 starting at $799 and the iPhone 14 Pro starting at $999.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 19
    Anilu_777Anilu_777 Posts: 527member
    Yellow is a gorgeous spring colour but I have a 14 Pro Max already so I’m getting the yellow case. 
    darbus69JFC_PApulseimages
  • Reply 2 of 19
    M68000M68000 Posts: 727member
    Could be a great color if you use a pouch style case,  which very few people do.  Pouch cases have advantage of covering nearly the whole phone but you still have to be careful when you remove phone to use.  The disadvantages are the extra work to use the case and not seeing notifications at a glance. Of course those who use no case might like this vibrant color.
  • Reply 3 of 19
    SkepticalSkeptical Posts: 183member
    -SMH- Just sigh…
    grandact73cpsro
  • Reply 4 of 19
    Daffodils on my mind. Looking out on a snowy white landscape and dreaming of spring, it has a vibrant charm.

A beloved roommate of the past deplored donning yellow. My puckish thought upon seeing this was: “Kay could use one of these!”

If only it had a square image sensor and the ability to synchronize with external flash, then I wouldn't care what color it was.
  • Reply 5 of 19
    cpsrocpsro Posts: 3,198member
    And in 6 months, this color will not continue in the iPhone 15 series but will boldly advertise your phone is old.
    edited March 2023
  • Reply 6 of 19
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,168member
    My daughter is happy, although she is not ready to replace her yellow iPhone 11 she bought because there was not a yellow iPhone 12 option.

“I will get it if you buy it for me Daddy.”
    ”Ah, no.”
  • Reply 7 of 19
    eriamjheriamjh Posts: 1,645member
    Malibu Stacey comes with a new hat!

The New color is fine.  I only buy every 3-4 years regardless.  
    FileMakerFeller
  • Reply 8 of 19
    Rogue01Rogue01 Posts: 161member
    It matches yellow snow.  So there is that.  Not a good color choice.  Was the last yellow phone the 5c?  And that wasn't popular either.
  • Reply 9 of 19
    visualzonevisualzone Posts: 298member
    Yellow is ok for some but not for myself. I would have liked to have seen an orange like the tangerine iMac I had many years ago. The orange on the back of the new 24" iMacs would have looked great. I have recently upgraded to the blue and product red iPhone 13s. Red for work (company pays) and the blue for home. Also, I'll stick with my two 27" iMacs colour or no colour.  B)  
  • Reply 10 of 19
    wonkothesanewonkothesane Posts: 1,725member
    Rogue01 said:
    It matches yellow snow.  So there is that.  Not a good color choice.  Was the last yellow phone the 5c?  And that wasn't popular either.
    Actually, after the 5c there was a yellow iPhone 11. The color attracted around 3,5% of customers, it seems (https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/poll-which-iphone-11-color-is-your-favorite.2227279/)

FileMakerFeller
  • Reply 11 of 19
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,168member
    A macrumors poll is not representative of the target market for this phone (neither us on AI either) so that would not be the true demand. 

Don’t overthink it. 
    All this is is a simple mid product cycle design tweak to drive a few extra sales. It will do that.
  • Reply 12 of 19
    I have to laugh.

Dubious report says yellow iPhone 14 to launch next week

William Gallaghers AvatarWilliam Gallagher | Mar 03, 2023

Dubious, huh.
    🤣
  • Reply 13 of 19
    bloggerblogbloggerblog Posts: 2,464member
    Surely it’s yellow but will it say hello 
  • Reply 14 of 19
    JFC_PAJFC_PA Posts: 932member
    I like my Sunglow silicone case for my iPhone 14 pro max. My one extra move was a screen protector to make up for it not being a folio. I’m liking the feel of the protector surface, a bit slicker than the screen itself and the color is great. 

Around the house it’s usually caseless but heading out I like a bit more grip and protection. The other thing I’ve been pleased with is while it’s a very pale color the silicone hadn’t soiled at all in going on three months of daily use. I hadn’t expected that, everything I’ve used precisely had been black leather in expectation of handling dirt. 
    edited March 2023
  • Reply 15 of 19
    longfanglongfang Posts: 456member
    cpsro said:
    And in 6 months, this color will not continue in the iPhone 15 series but will boldly advertise your phone is old.
    So?
  • Reply 16 of 19
    longfanglongfang Posts: 456member
    Skeptical said:
    -SMH- Just sigh…
    So don’t buy it? I thought options was supposed to be a good thing. 
    M68000
  • Reply 17 of 19
    MadbumMadbum Posts: 536member
    Not for everyone but it’s gorgeous 
  • Reply 18 of 19
    M68000M68000 Posts: 727member
    Madbum said:
    Not for everyone but it’s gorgeous 
    Agreed.  This actually could be very exclusive.  Think about it,  sales apparently are poor compared to the pro models.  A color like this deserves a clear case, a pouch, or no case.
    edited March 2023