Mac Studio may never get updated, because new Mac Pro is coming

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 66
    mattinozmattinoz Posts: 2,322member
    tundraboy said:
    I doubt that Apple's product planning is that stupid and shortsighted.  It's not as if when they decided to green light the Mac Studio, the Apple Silicon Mac Pro wasn't already in the planning pipeline.

Why do so many people tech pundits think that Apple, arguably the most successful company ever, is run by a bunch of dimwits?

They 
    They think the stock market is a bunch of dimwits who will sell on some bad news. They are relying on Apple not being dimwits to sell that stock for profit 
  • Reply 62 of 66
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    keithw said:
    I think Gurman is dead wrong. It makes no sense.  Why would Apple spend the money to create the Studio only to kill it in a single product iteration? ... Time will certainly tell.  In the mean time, I'll keep using my "ancient" iMac Pro with a very fast AMD 6900XT eGPU (that still works in MacOS 13.2.)
    No one knows. If the Mac Studio disappears without update, it would not be the first time something like that happens. You have already a hint in you own post. There is a recent precedent with the iMac Pro. An old one is the Power Macintosh G4 Cube, which lived a little less than one year (although in an effort to save it, Apple added more configurations but never a real update).

• Reply 63 of 66
    danoxdanox Posts: 2,872member
    When the 24 inch Apple Silicon iMac has the MagSafe connection in the back for the power and the ethernet connection genius, but then they release the Studio Design monitor and have this ridiculous cheap power cord that you can’t get off without a struggle. 

Also the Studio Display monitor has a web camera that isn’t close to the cameras that they use in a iPhone, (the same bad camera required a driver update upon it’s released to the public, because it was malfunctioning) which at this late date should not be, the webCam should be at iPhone level or what is the point of that huge iPhone supply chain, the same principle applies to the microphones on all their monitors.
    edited February 2023
  • Reply 64 of 66
    keithwkeithw Posts: 141member
    This is my 2017 iMac Pro.  While it's often stated that the graphics performance doesn't matter, this 5+ year old machine still beats ANY of the Metal benchmarks of M1 or M2-based Macs.  Graphics performance matters! More and more photo apps use the GPU for processing, not just for 3D apps!   We still need an M2 or M3 Ultra-based Studio!

edited March 2023 macike
  • Reply 65 of 66
    Loby01Loby01 Posts: 6member
    Makes sense just to wait until Mac Pro is out.  Then after awhile update Mac Studio.  Don't want to cut into Mac Pro sales.