Apple releases watchOS 9.4 with fix for wake-up alarms

Posted:
in Apple Watch edited March 2023
Apple has officially released watchOS 9.4 to the public, bringing features like Cycle Tracking to more countries.

Apple releases watchOS 9.4
Apple releases watchOS 9.4

The company released the developer release candidate on March 21, and the official release is now out for everyone.

The new update includes the following:

• Wake-up alarms are no longer silenced with cover to mute gesture to avoid accidental cancellations during sleep

• Cycle Tracking with retrospective ovulation estimates and cycle deviation alerts now supported in Moldova and Ukraine

• AFib History now available in Colombia, Malaysia, Moldova, Thailand, and Ukraine

AFib History provides long-term visibility into the duration of a heart's AFib symptoms, also known as AFib burden, allowing users to discuss this information in-depth with their doctor.

How to install watchOS 9.4 on the Apple Watch

1. Open the iOS Watch app.

2. Choose General, then Software Update.

3. Follow the on-screen instructions

If set to do so within the same app, the update will also be automatically downloaded and installed for the user while the Apple Watch charges overnight.

To start the update, the Apple Watch must be at least 50% charged, docked on a charger, and close to the iPhone.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    I hope this fixes the bug I just noticed recently with watchOS 9.3. The issue I am having is optimized charging seems to be happening, even though I have the feature turned off. It won’t charge fully until the morning…
    watto_cobra