Apple savings account for Apple Card has arrived -- here's how to get started

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 34
    netroxnetrox Posts: 1,421member
    lkrupp said:
    dogolaca said:
    Will Apple Savings transactions be available to personal finance apps like Mint and Quicken?
    Not likely at all. Goldman Sachs has ignored connectivity with financial software. I have a GM Mastercard that previously was administered by Capital One. When it was switched to Marcus by Goldman Sachs a year ago all connectivity with Quicken ceased. There was flame and fury on the Quicken community forums but nothing has changed. Same with the Apple Card so I wouldn’t get your hopes up.
    Actually, mint now supports Apple Card. I have it in my mint account. So, Savings will likely be supported in mint eventually. 

• Reply 22 of 34
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,808member
    lkrupp said:
    macxpress said:
    I wish you could get the savings account without the credit card
    Well, that’s the point. The savings account is being used as a marketing tool to get more Apple Cards in the hands of people. No Apple Card, no 4.15% savings rate.
    But then I would have a ridiculously high APR credit card. If they had reasonable rates I'd be more inclined to get an Apple Card. 
  • Reply 23 of 34
    wtxnitzwtxnitz Posts: 22member
    I can transfer to/from cash AND to/from bank without debit card. Big win.
    Plus 4.5% apr 👍🏻
  • Reply 24 of 34
    XedXed Posts: 2,543member
    macxpress said:
    lkrupp said:
    macxpress said:
    Well, that’s the point. The savings account is being used as a marketing tool to get more Apple Cards in the hands of people. No Apple Card, no 4.15% savings rate.
    But then I would have a ridiculously high APR credit card. If they had reasonable rates I'd be more inclined to get an Apple Card. 
    Then don’t carry a balance.
    MplsPmuthuk_vanalingamJFC_PA
  • Reply 25 of 34
    lkrupp said:
    Setup was eazy peezy in a few seconds.
    Yes, it certainly is... for people with reading comprehension and some glimmer of intelligence. Take a walk over to the ADF (Apple Discussion Forums) and visit the Apple Card forum. There you will find complete chaos, unfathomable ignorance, inability to follow instructions, claims that it is a scam by Apple to make people get Apple Cards, ranting, raving about what a disaster the rollout is. Claims of being on the phone with Apple Support who hang up on you, are clueless bumpkins.

Face it, the U.S. is populated by entitled idiots who can’t read, want everything done for them. There is no hope.
    This ^^^
    Set this up and transferred some parked $$$ in all of 2 minutes. Nice, easy implementation.
    Madbum
  • Reply 26 of 34
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    macxpress said:
    lkrupp said:
    macxpress said:
    Then you won't be taking advantage of that high savings rate will you. Oh well
    JFC_PA
  • Reply 27 of 34
    MplsPMplsP Posts: 3,924member
    Xed said:
    macxpress said:
    lkrupp said:
    macxpress said:
    Then don’t carry a balance.
    Bingo. If you’re carrying a balance you’re using your credit card wrong. 
    muthuk_vanalingamJFC_PA
  • Reply 28 of 34
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    Applejacs said:
    lkrupp said:
    Yes, it certainly is... for people with reading comprehension and some glimmer of intelligence. Take a walk over to the ADF (Apple Discussion Forums) and visit the Apple Card forum. There you will find complete chaos, unfathomable ignorance, inability to follow instructions, claims that it is a scam by Apple to make people get Apple Cards, ranting, raving about what a disaster the rollout is. Claims of being on the phone with Apple Support who hang up on you, are clueless bumpkins.

Face it, the U.S. is populated by entitled idiots who can’t read, want everything done for them. There is no hope.
    This ^^^
    Set this up and transferred some parked $$$ in all of 2 minutes. Nice, easy implementation.
    Update: The cacophony and ignorance continues unabated in the Apple Card forum. People screaming their lungs out about how they can’t figure out how to set up Apple Savings, can’t transfer their Apple Cash to it (even though happens automatically), asking how many times they can make withdrawals (I thought a savings account was for saving). Many are angry because they have to have an Apple Card to begin with, even angrier when told they must be on iOS 16.4.1 for it to be available, can’t figure out how to add an external bank account to transfer money from and to. It’s really hilarious reading the posts.
    Madbum
  • Reply 29 of 34
    lkrupp said:
    macxpress said:
    lkrupp said:
    macxpress said:
    Then you won't be taking advantage of that high savings rate will you. Oh well
    Yield not rate. APY takes into account compounding, APR does not. APY is typically used for investing while APR is used for borrowing. Apple savings as an 4.15% APY. 
  • Reply 30 of 34
    MplsPMplsP Posts: 3,924member
    lkrupp said:
    Applejacs said:
    lkrupp said:

This ^^^
    Update: The cacophony and ignorance continues unabated in the Apple Card forum. People screaming their lungs out about how they can’t figure out how to set up Apple Savings, can’t transfer their Apple Cash to it (even though happens automatically), asking how many times they can make withdrawals (I thought a savings account was for saving). Many are angry because they have to have an Apple Card to begin with, even angrier when told they must be on iOS 16.4.1 for it to be available, can’t figure out how to add an external bank account to transfer money from and to. It’s really hilarious reading the posts.
    Maybe you can tell me what I’m missing:

• Reply 31 of 34
    MadbumMadbum Posts: 536member
    lkrupp said:
    Applejacs said:
    lkrupp said:

This ^^^
    This is what happens when you give participation trophies for last place ….
  • Reply 32 of 34
    ktappektappe Posts: 824member
    lkrupp said:

Are you that insecure you must not only enjoy other people having trouble but also gloat about it here?
    muthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 33 of 34
    chutzpahchutzpah Posts: 392member
    macxpress said:
    lkrupp said:
    macxpress said:
    Is there a big downside to getting Apple Card and not using it?
    MplsP
  • Reply 34 of 34
    MadbumMadbum Posts: 536member
    chutzpah said:
    macxpress said:
    lkrupp said:
    macxpress said:
    Is there a big downside to getting Apple Card and not using it?
    No. It’s a free card and metal, beautifully designed card, usually cards like this from other banks they charge you annual fee. I just use it to buy Apple stuff and subscriptions , you get 3 percent back , what is not to like?
    edited April 2023