Watch Strap Co. Fury Apple Watch band review: timeless and practical

Posted:
in Apple Watch
The Watch Strap Co. Fury Diamond Edition Apple Watch Strap is an armor-like, stainless steel band that's stylish and built to last.

Watch Strap Co. is a London-based company that offers various Apple Watch bands for men and women. The company focuses on traditional, timeless designs, showcasing materials like stainless steel, leather, and diamonds.

The Fury Silver Diamond Edition is a modern twist on a classic strap.

Compared to Apple's first-party offerings, the Fury watch band from the Watch Strap Co. is slightly more affordable -- sans diamonds. However, if you want to venture outside Apple's watch bands, the Watch Strap Co. is a good choice.

Apple sells a stainless steel band, but it is only available in one color, is two-hundred dollars more, and has a minimalist design with no diamond accent.

The Watch Strap Co. Fury band provides a unique alternative, offering multiple colors with a diamond accent that draws the eye.

WsC Fury Silver Edition Apple Watch Strap design

The Fury band is made from 316L Stainless Steel, a high-performance steel that compares to Apple's 316L Silver Link Bracelet.

However, there is a noticeable difference in the Fury band's thicker links, giving the wearer a more high-fashion look -- something you might spot on an F1 driver's wrist.

WsC Fury Silver - Diamond Edition Apple Watch Strap has a timeless design
WsC Fury Silver - Diamond Edition Apple Watch Strap has a timeless design

Apple's Silver Link Bracelet, however, is a little vanilla. It does not include unique accents, like the Watch Strap Co.'s diamond that rests on the closure pin. This diamond catches the sunlight and will surely draw an envious eye from onlookers.

The Watch Strap Co. band has a durable, weighty feel compared to Apple's bracelet while maintaining comfort for the wearer. In addition, the watch strap comes with a hidden butterfly clasp, ensuring your watch won't slip off while you're on the go.

It is compatible with Apple Watch Series 1 through Apple Watch Series 8 and the Apple Watch SE.

WsC's butterfly clasp is a nice, hidden feature that will secure the watch to your wrist
WsC's butterfly clasp is a nice, hidden feature that will secure the watch to your wrist

As for the diamond detailing, the Watch Strap Co. states that their diamonds are ethically sourced and of exceptional VVS Clarity, which stands for "very, very slightly included." Inclusions are naturally occurring flaws that affect a diamond's overall value.

Additionally, the Watch Strap Co. is a member of the National Association of Jewellers, and the diamond edition strap comes complete with a diamond certificate.

Six colors are available: Silver & Rose Gold, Silver, Rose Gold, Gold, and Black.

If you are looking to splurge, the Watch Strap Co. also sells a watch beset with diamonds along the entire length of the product: the silver 2 Carat Diamond Apple Watch strap. WsC straps come in sizes that fit all Apple Watch series, from 38mm to 49mm.

Using the WsC Fury Watch Strap

Like most Apple Watch users, we wear our Apple Watches for nearly 24 hours a day. This means we need multiple bands for fitness, daily use, and going out.

We think the Fury watch band is fantastic for going out but likely wouldn't be suitable for workouts, swimming, or anything to do with sweat.

However, the stainless steel is easy to clean with the swipe of a microfiber computer cloth.

While the diamond accent on the clasp is attractive, the functionality of its placement on the strap is questionable. For those who are clumsy, it is easy to whack the diamond on doors and surfaces.

The diamond protrudes from the watch, causing stress to the wearer whenever they absentmindedly rest a wrist on the counter and hear that nasty "clunk" sound.

In addition, for those who wear the watch while working at the computer, the material might irritate the laptop and the wearer's wrist after a long day.

WsC Fury Silver Apple Watch Strap is a beautiful choice for every day wear
WsC Fury Silver Apple Watch Strap is a beautiful choice for everyday wear

After wearing the watch for a few weeks, scratches and dings in the metal are not too noticeable.

What is admirable about the band is that it is weightier than flimsy silicone watch bands, meaning the wearer feels as if their precious Apple Watch is swathed and protected in swanky, steel armor.

One pro is that the wearer doesn't need to worry about an odor or buildup of bacteria, as is the case with silicone bands.

The watch strap has a weighty, not bulky feel to it, giving the wearer the feel that their Apple Watch face has extra protection
The watch strap has a weighty, not bulky feel to it, giving the wearer the feeling that their Apple Watch face has extra protection

We love the butterfly clasp and the feel of the metal on the wrist. The watch strap feels weighty but never bulky. The links allow for ventilation, keeping the wrist dry.

The Apple Watch face anchors onto both sides of the strap seamlessly and without scratching the face.

Even after multiple wears in the California sun and enduring splashes of ocean water and salt, the color of the watch strap remains uniform and shows little wear.

Should you buy the Watch Strap Co. Fury Band

We've worn the band out and have received many compliments. So if you are in the market for a new Apple Watch band that is timeless, classy, and bound to draw attention, the Fury band is a great choice.

It is comfortable, durable, and has unique design choices that stand out, like the optional diamond accent.

If you are someone who dings their valuables easily, consider purchasing one of the Watch Strap Co.'s watch straps that don't include a valuable diamond on the clasp.

The Watch Strap Co. Fury Diamond Edition Pros

• Classy, timeless look

• Decent price

• Durable

• Stainless steel color will not fade

• Hidden butterfly clasp keeps the watch secure on the wrist

• While weighty, watch strap has nice ventilation

The Watch Strap Co. Fury Diamond Edition Cons

• Diamond on clasp will be beaten around during everyday wear

• For daintier wrists, the watch might look ridiculously large

• Typing on the computer can become problematic while wearing the watch band

• Watch strap shows scratches/dings after a few wears and will need regular spiffing

Rating: 4 out of 5

Where to buy

The WsC Fury Watch Strap can be purchased directly from WsC for $141.00 in 38 mm to 49mm sizes.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    9secondkox29secondkox2 Posts: 2,707member
    The Edition didn’t sell well for a reason. 

The watch is a piece of tech that’s fashionable. 

But it’s not a timeless fashion piece that’s meant to remain forever. You upgrade it in a number of years and repeat that process. 

Sure, this is a band that can be used on future watches, but the whole mindset is different. 

I think this band looks phenomenal, but the little diamond? Not many will care about that. personally, I’d purposely get one without it. 

Nice looking band overall. 

edited April 2023 tophatnosockswilliamlondon
  • Reply 2 of 12
    At $114 which is the newest price cut it's still too high.  Besides that stainless is too heavy for these Apple watches.
    I am a fan of the design, and found that design in ceramic on Etsy, for around $45 

adding, I was just thinking, the diamond option, the first time a buyer that doesn't have a screen protector scratches the heck out of their phone screen!  Ahhh!!
    edited April 2023
  • Reply 3 of 12
    williamhwilliamh Posts: 1,033member
    Joey: You have any idea what this'll do for your sex life?
    Chandler: Well, it'll probably slow it down at first, but once I get used to the extra weight, I'll be back on track.
    waveparticleentropyswilliamlondon
  • Reply 4 of 12
    titatita Posts: 2member
    I find it ugly and robust and aesthetically incompatible with apple watch
    williamlondoncharlesn
  • Reply 5 of 12
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,166member
    I don’t know about F1 drivers (unless Watch Strap Co starts sponsoring cars), but I could definitely see pimps and drug dealers getting one.
    charlesnwilliamh
  • Reply 6 of 12
    payecopayeco Posts: 581member
    Apple's Silver Link Bracelet, however, is a little vanilla. It does not include unique accents, like the Watch Strap Co.'s diamond that rests on the closure pin. This diamond catches the sunlight and will surely draw an envious eye from onlookers.”

Is it just me or does this read just like marketing copy?
  • Reply 7 of 12
    bageljoeybageljoey Posts: 2,004member
    payeco said:
    “Apple's Silver Link Bracelet, however, is a little vanilla. It does not include unique accents, like the Watch Strap Co.'s diamond that rests on the closure pin. This diamond catches the sunlight and will surely draw an envious eye from onlookers.”

Yeah.  That jumped out at me as I read it. And what percentage of AI readers the faintest clue about F1 drivers fashion choices?  It seemed rather out of place…
  • Reply 8 of 12
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    I bought Apple’s black SS bracelet with my first Watch, which was in the second year. I used it with every Apple Watch I bought since then, up until last year, when I bought the Ultra. The truth is that every one of the third party bracelets for the Watch looks like every other bracelet available for every other watch. This one is no exception to that. Quire frankly, they’re boring.

apple’s version is different and much more finely made. It’s been called equal, or even better than $3,000 SS bracelets made by other watch makers, and having had some of those watches, I have to agree. I wish Apple made a titanium one for the Ultra, as the same situation occurs there, the third party ones are well inferior to Apple’s SS one.
    Alex_V
  • Reply 9 of 12
    charlesncharlesn Posts: 833member
    payeco said:
    “Apple's Silver Link Bracelet, however, is a little vanilla. It does not include unique accents, like the Watch Strap Co.'s diamond that rests on the closure pin. This diamond catches the sunlight and will surely draw an envious eye from onlookers.”

Or is it such a ridiculous stretch that it's meant as a satire of marketing copy? Hard to tell! 'Cause nothing sparks envy and says "I'm a baller" like the *cough* "diamond" you get for $140, all in, including the stainless steel link bracelet. I honestly thought it was some kind of allen screw at the clasp when I saw the photo. 
    edited April 2023
  • Reply 10 of 12
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    My Rolex has a lovely band, mine is gold and stainless steel, but even that now looks old-fashioned to me; I prefer the simple black band on my Apple Watch these days.  That band is not in the same league as the Rolex and just looks fugly to me.
  • Reply 11 of 12
    laytechlaytech Posts: 335member
    It's subjective but that is an ugly watch band and made all the worse by putting in a standard Apple Watch. Once again, the wearer of the watch, doesn't know how to wear watches. The watch is supposed to sit just behind your wrist bone, not pressed up against your hand. Just doesn't look good.