Sketchy rumor suggests Apple Watch will be able to sync with Mac & iPad

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 22
    petripetri Posts: 118member
    Xed said:
    petri said:
    Makes a lot of sense and it’s always seemed weird to me that the watch wasn’t linked up to all these things before anyway.

I can control my phone music from my watch, that’s great, but why can’t I also control my iPad playback?  It has better speakers so I often use it as a portable music player, my watch can be used as a remote for Apple TV so why can’t it be a remote for my iPad?

Theres a fitness app on my iPad already, why don’t I see any of my fitness data there?  It’s all in the cloud anyway, why do I have to dig my phone out of my pocket when the iPad is right there in front of me?

Virtually everything else in the Apple ecosystem is synced across devices and just picks up right where you left off on whichever device… why was there ever this weird, artificial wall sealing in just the watch + iPhone? 
    Have you actually explored the Watch app on your iPhone? Can you imagine setting up an enter Watch with that small tech screen? I can, and it sounds like a miserable experience which is why I don't think we'll be seeing the Watch completely untethered from the iPhone. At best I think we can hope for making other devices conduits for the Watch.
    Who said anything about the watch completely untethering from iPhone?  This is just about the watch interacting with more devices, not less.
    watto_cobra