David Galloway and Why European leftists against the War

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
British Labour party MP David Galloway PROFITS FROM UN OIL FOR FOOD PROGRAM!!! THIS IS SICK!!!

Quote:

But the papers say that, behind the scenes, Mr Galloway was conducting a relationship with Iraqi intelligence. Among documents found in the Foreign Ministry was a memorandum from the chief of the Mukhabarat to Saddam's office on January 3, 2000, marked "Confidential and Personal". It purported to outline talks between Mr Galloway and an Iraqi spy.

During the meeting on Boxing Day 1999, Mr Galloway detailed his campaign plans for the year ahead.

The spy chief wrote that Mr Galloway told the Mukhabarat agent: "He (Galloway) needs continuous financial support from Iraq.

"He obtained through Mr Tariq Aziz (deputy prime minister) 3 million barrels of oil every six months, according to the oil-for-food program. His share would be only between 10 and 15 cents per barrel."

Iraq's oil sales, administered by the United Nations, were intended to pay for only essential humanitarian supplies. If the memo was accurate, Mr Galloway's share would have amounted to about £375,000 per year.

The documents say that Mr Galloway entered into partnership with a named Iraqi oil broker to sell the oil on the international market.

Link of TRASH David Galloway.

Fellowship... In disgust!

Another Link and this one with scanned documents:

David Galloway Saddam Regime partner link

Also:

Financial times Link over the matter

Also:

Reuters Link over the matter

Comments

• Reply 1 of 61
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Yea that's too much. I wonder if they can try him for treason?
  • Reply 2 of 61
    In other news,

*Fellowship breaks AI record for most closed threads*

(Disclaimer: Fellowship held previous record)

EDIT: Okay, maybe another day then. Fellowship cleaned up his first post.
  • Reply 3 of 61
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    Shawn it amazes me how you stick your head in the sand with such a story. Does it sit well with you he takes money from of all things Iraqi Oil??????????????

Fellowship
  • Reply 4 of 61
    I thought the leader of Labour was your buddy Fellowship? Is it only those leftists who are against the war you don´t like?

Three things:

1) "Why European leftists [are] against the War"? You are making a logical mistake (this swan is white, therefore all swans are white). The sentence "Rumsfeldt is engaged in companies who make money on the war. Therefore rightwinged nuts are for the war because they all make money from it" would be equally wrong.

2) So much wrong information and misinformation have been floating around. The "evidence" put forward by Powell in the SC, the "proffs" of WoMD etc. etc. The golden rule must be: Is this still an issue in fourteen days or has it shown itself to be one of those things we don´t talk about (like WoMD)? Remember Blais would LOVE to see this guy bite the dust.

If the combined intelligence of US and GB fake evidence of both WoMD laboratories and and imports of uran is it really beyond them or this paper to fake this? Or could it have been taken out of contents? Or could it have been the spy who wanted a piece of the cake? That was very normal for spies from East Germany and Soviet during the cold war. We don´t know yet so let time tell.

3) The best and easiest way for anyone to make money on Iraq would be to back up the war. Everyone knew it would start and everyone except the iraqi minister of information knew US would win and everybody knew that those who engaged in the war would be rewarded afterwards.

What about a new headline:

"British paper suggest that one member of new labour may have taken money from Iraq". I know it has less drama queen appeal but it would be a couple of million percent more accurate.
  • Reply 5 of 61
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ShawnPatrickJoyce

In other news,

*Fellowship breaks AI record for most closed threads*

(Disclaimer: Fellowship held previous record)

Should we start the "straw man" crap now or wait a little longer?

(PS: just kidding! Please! )
  • Reply 6 of 61
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders the White

I thought the leader of Labour was your buddy Fellowship? Is it only those leftists who are against the war you don´t like?

Three things:

1) "Why European leftists [are] against the War"? You are making a logical mistake (this swan is white, therefore all swans are white). The sentence "Rumsfeldt is engaged in companies who make money on the war. Therefore rightwinged nuts are for the war because they all make money from it" would be equally wrong.

2) So much wrong information and misinformation have been floating around. The "evidence" put forward by Powell in the SC, the "proffs" of WoMD etc. etc. The golden rule must be: Is this still an issue in fourteen days or has it shown itself to be one of those things we don´t talk about (like WoMD)? Remember Blais would LOVE to see this guy bite the dust.

If the combined intelligence of US and GB fake evidence of both WoMD laboratories and and imports of uran is it really beyond them or this paper to fake this? Or could it have been taken out of contents? Or could it have been the spy who wanted a piece of the cake? That was very normal for spies from East Germany and Soviet during the cold war. We don´t know yet so let time tell.

3) The best and easiest way for anyone to make money on Iraq would be to back up the war. Everyone knew it would start and everyone except the iraqi minister of information knew US would win and everybody knew that those who engaged in the war would be rewarded afterwards.

What about a new headline:

"British paper suggest that one member of new labour may have taken money from Iraq". I know it has less drama queen appeal but it would be a couple of million percent more accurate.

I am indeed sorry I made it sound as if "all" of anything is a particular thing. This thread is only about David Galloway as far as I am concerned.

It sounds to me you are really quick to the conspiracy theories with some of what you said above.

Deny Deny Deny for what? To defend Saddam and David Galloway? If I am reading you correctly above I will no longer take you serious on any matter Anders the White.

Seems you really like to pick and choose your conspiracy theories.

Amazing...

BTW: Happy Birthday last 14th. My birthday was a few days before yours.

Fellows
  • Reply 7 of 61
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BuonRotto

• Reply 8 of 61
    Quote:

Originally posted by BuonRotto

I wonder if there are any hott labour party pinups...
  • Reply 9 of 61
    Conspiracy theories? Moi? Is it the "fake documents" by US and GB intelligens you mean?

I´ll take that back and refrase it: The job for intelligens services is to 1) gather and sort information and 2) decide what right and what wrong. The US and british intelligens services are among the best in the world. The proofs of both the laboratories and the import of uran have showed to be wrong. It was presented in SC (the "high court" of international politics) by Powell as the truth. The mildest version of this must be that someone feed the intelligens agencies with wrong information and they wanted it to be true so they did not do 2) because it could turn out to be wrong. Do you have another plausible explanation? Or is the CIA really that incompetent? The "laboratories" weren´t even in areas controlled by baghdad

Deny? So far there is nothing to deny. But if this turns out to be true he should be expelled as an MP and tried for misusing UN for his own good and if GB was at war with Iraq when he was Iraqs man he should be tried for treason.

But lets see what meat this story has in 14 days.
  • Reply 10 of 61
    Quote:

Conspiracy theories? Moi? Is it the "fake documents" by US and GB intelligens you mean?

I´ll take that back and refrase it: The job for intelligens services is to 1) gather and sort information and 2) decide what right and what wrong. The US and british intelligens services are among the best in the world. The proofs of both the laboratories and the import of uran have showed to be wrong. It was presented in SC (the "high court" of international politics) by Powell as the truth. The mildest version of this must be that someone feed the intelligens agencies with wrong information and they wanted it to be true so they did not do 2) because it could turn out to be wrong. Do you have another plausible explanation? Or is the CIA really that incompetent? The "laboratories" weren´t even in areas controlled by baghdad

Deny? So far there is nothing to deny. But if this turns out to be true he should be expelled as an MP and tried for misusing UN for his own good and if GB was at war with Iraq when he was Iraqs man he should be tried for treason.

But lets see what meat this story has in 14 days.

I agree with this, thanks for making yourself more clear with this.

Fellowship
  • Reply 11 of 61
    Come on y'all American friends: when you try to post about European politics it would be nice to know you had done some research into this!

The Labour MP you are talking about is not "David Galloway" but in fact George Galloway.

In fact the news articles you site even say "George Galloway". It doesn't exactly give one confidence that these sited "news stories" have been read or considered with any rigour.
  • Reply 12 of 61
    Quote:

Originally posted by Retrograde

Come on y'all American friends: when you try to post about European politics it would be nice to know you had done some research into this!

The Labour MP you are talking about is not "David Galloway" but in fact George Galloway.

In fact the news articles you site even say "George Galloway". It doesn't exactly give one confidence that these sited "news stories" have been read or considered with any rigour.

THANK YOU! While I wanted to have a rant of a thread at the actions of George Galloway I choose to see if ANY person here would notice the game I played with his name....

I was quietly laughing here thinking not a person would even notice.

You ruined my little test for the group.

Ohh well..

Thanks for being awake while reading my thread.

Fellowship
  • Reply 13 of 61
    And BTW I do these little "tests" all the time here on the boards. One would be amazed at the data.

Fellows
  • Reply 14 of 61
    You little devil

That only shows how graceful the left is. We consider it inappropriate to point out small mistakes like that.
  • Reply 15 of 61
    Quote:

You little devil

That only shows how graceful the left is. We consider it inappropriate to point out small mistakes like that.

If you might have noticed I addressed this thread to "European leftists" in a slick manner.

I got caught on my making too broad or general a statement when indeed the thread is one that pertains solely to George Galloway. I wanted to see in this test if indeed "European Leftists" on the AI board would even detect a completely false name for this British PM.

In this case a person was paying attention.

Fellows Now you guys will be trying to decode my future threads for these tests.....
  • Reply 16 of 61
    Quote:

Originally posted by FellowshipChurch iBook

THANK YOU! While I wanted to have a rant of a thread at the actions of George Galloway I choose to see if ANY person here would notice the game I played with his name....

Ohh well..

Fellowship

So........

nevermind. I won't spoil your fun.
  • Reply 17 of 61
    Quote:

Originally posted by FellowshipChurch iBook

Ohh well..

Fellowship

Glad to hear I ruined your little test!

In the meantime I think I might kick back and relax while listening to one of my favourite songs: "Fellowship Slinky in B Major" by the Red Hot Cheerio Poppers. Really, they're a great band...
  • Reply 18 of 61
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ShawnPatrickJoyce

So........

nevermind. I won't spoil your fun.

Whew...Fellowship, you barely escaped! You were spared a mind-numbing - albeit hilarious - scolding from everyone's favorite debate team anchor.

Consider yourself lucky...and blessed (more than you already are, of course).

• Reply 19 of 61
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

Whew...Fellowship, you barely escaped! You were spared a mind-numbing - albeit hilarious - scolding from everyone's favorite debate team anchor.

Consider yourself lucky...and blessed (more than you already are, of course).

Is Shawn seriously the top debater for his team?

Is he the master debater?

I feel for that team.

Nick
  • Reply 20 of 61
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

.and blessed (more than you already are, of course).

I have the distinct conviction that Fellowship is no more blessed than my dog is, and my dog, frankly, has taken to shitting in my living room.