Showtime and Paramount+ to finally merge into one service on June 27

Posted:
in General Discussion
Paramount+ and Showtime have been working towards a single app experience for quite some time, but the wait is almost over.

Paramount+ With Showtime
Paramount+ With Showtime

And now we finally know when the integration of the two services will go live. Apple TV is sending out emails to current subscribers letting them know that the full integration of Showtime and Paramount+ will go live either on or around June 27, 2023.

The combined service will be called Paramount+ With Showtime, and customers will have access to all the movies and TV shows under one roof moving forward. The better news is that, for current subscribers, the price won't be changing.

For folks who haven't subscribed yet, Paramount+ With Showtime costs $11.99 per month, or $119.99 per year. That's only a $1 per month increase for both services, compared to the $10.99 per month cost for just Showtime.

Apple TV's email confirming Paramount+ With Showtime integration
Apple TV's email confirming Paramount+ With Showtime integration

As far as general pricing is concerned moving forward, once the two apps have become one, that will start at $11.99 per month for the ad-supported option. The ad-free version will cost $14.99 per month.

For folks who just want Paramount+, that will be available as a standalone product as well for just $4.99 per month with ads, or $9.99 per month without them.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,152member
     There are a few other services that also need to combine yet under the Prime stable.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    Wonder what will happen to those of us that signed up and are paying $9.99 under the promo Apple offered a while back for both Paramount & Showtime?
  • Reply 3 of 8
    So if we have just Paramount+ and only want just Paramount+ we can keep what we have with no changes?

Good.
    iOS_Guy80Japheychasm
  • Reply 4 of 8
    entropys said:
     There are a few other services that also need to combine yet under the Prime stable.
    What "few other" services are those?
    Spitbath
  • Reply 5 of 8
    danoxdanox Posts: 2,804member
     Low margin, content companies, combining into one, I guess streaming isn’t as profitable as they thought it would be, look for more to combine, or be sold to the highest bidder as time goes on.
    edited May 2023
  • Reply 6 of 8
    chasmchasm Posts: 3,275member
    Wonder what will happen to those of us that signed up and are paying $9.99 under the promo Apple offered a while back for both Paramount & Showtime?
    It’s not yet explicit, but I think Apple would have included the price change notification in that message they sent out if the price for those users was going to change — so I’m guessing the price will stay the same for at least a little while longer.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    I wonder if my Walmart+ will include the new service, or just the existing one, or be terminated.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    I wonder if my Walmart+ will include the new service, or just the existing one, or be terminated.
    Press reports are that it will continue with the same Paramount+ w/ ads service as currently (no access to Showtime content), but I've seen nothing direct from either Paramount or Walmart.
    beowulfschmidt