notifications & ringtones

Posted:
in iPhone
Need some help, please. My wife wants to put a few new sounds on her iphone 12. She has put them in her Mac's iTunes, but can't figure out how to get them on her phone. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1

Hey David, here are some steps to get those sounds from iTunes to her iPhone:

1. Make sure the sound files are not longer than 40 seconds. iTunes won't copy ringtones longer than that​​.
    2. If the sounds are in MP3 format, convert them to AAC using iTunes: Add the sound file to iTunes, locate it in your library, then click File > Convert > Create AAC Version​.
    3. Rename the AAC file: Drag and drop the AAC file from the iTunes library to your Desktop, then change the file extension to .m4r​​.
    4. Connect your iPhone to your computer with a USB-to-Lightning cable. Unlock your iPhone and tap the “Trust” option on its screen if prompted. In iTunes, click the device icon that appears to the left of “Library”, then click the “Tones” section under On My Device. Drag and drop the .m4r ringtone file from its folder to the Tones section in iTunes​.
    5. The ringtone should now be on your iPhone and appear under Tones in iTunes​.
    6. On your iPhone, go to Settings > Sounds & Haptics > Ringtone, and select your custom ringtone. Any custom ringtones you've added will appear at the top of the list​​.

If you want to remove any ringtones later, reconnect your phone to iTunes, go to the On My Device > Tones section, right-click a tone, and select “Delete from Library”​.

muthuk_vanalingam