Re: "Frothing at the mouth"

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
"Just today, (4-22-2003) there have been several such rabid, baseless, frankly, freaky threads and posts, specifically in this forum."

Jonathan, I know we users can be a headache, but isn't rabid, baseless, and freaky threads what AI is all about?

Certainly you don't need to micromanage every thread in every section of the topic. Maybe you should save YOURSELF the grief, instead of telling board users to get a life.

The feeling an admin has-admiration and annoyance with his users, protection and pride about his board-I feel these things too. Sometimes it gets intense.

You've broadcasted your need for a break to the forums. And personally, I sympathesize. I'm in the hot seat now, and these forums are MY break.

Anyway, Jonathan, thanks for what you do. And although we may be trifling, bombastic, and irritating at times, please dip into that wealth of patience that all administrators have, and restrain yourself from lashing out at us.

Thanks again...

-Gizzmonic

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gizzmonic

Jonathan, I know we users can be a headache, but isn't rabid, baseless, and freaky threads what AI is all about?

I hope not... It has been getting pretty bad.
  • Reply 2 of 14
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Gizzmonic. I agree it's harsh...but the truth often is.

I mean when the Apple Store is down for whatever brief time, is that cause for a new thread?

I don't think Jonathan is trying to rain on our parade but just trying to keep heads in check and the boards somewhat clean. We all know what AI frenzies are like...they can get ugly if not managed.
  • Reply 3 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by hmurchison

I mean when the Apple Store is down for whatever brief time, is that cause for a new thread?

Actually yes.
  • Reply 4 of 14
    Sorry, guys. I'm with Jonathan on this one. The quality of posts in Future Hardware lately is far from "good".

No, it did not used to be this bad.
  • Reply 5 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gizzmonic

Certainly you don't need to micromanage every thread in every section of the topic. Maybe you should save YOURSELF the grief, instead of telling board users to get a life.

Exactly. Administrators and Mods are there for reasons, and micromanaging every thread like a thought police isn't one of them. Just let the people post and be happy about it.
  • Reply 6 of 14
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    I've been seeing a lot more really rude and just plain nasty posts in the last couple months. In order to remain a respectful community it should stop. However the mods and admins feel they have to do this is up to them.
  • Reply 7 of 14
    Oops. I only saw it in AO and thoought it was directed towards me (from a discussion on strawmen).

But I agree about FH. I made a thread about the Apple store being down a week ago as a joke. It got 33 posts and 2500+ looks. Scary stuff.
  • Reply 8 of 14
    stoostoo Posts: 1,490member
    Quote:

Appleinsider has a reputation to keep up .

Of course, things will probably become even worse when the next PowerMacs are released.
  • Reply 9 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by Stoo

Of course, things will probably become even worse when the next PowerMacs are released.

Yeah that should get interesting.
  • Reply 10 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders the White

Oops. I only saw it in AO and thoought it was directed towards me (from a discussion on strawmen).

But I agree about FH. I made a thread about the Apple store being down a week ago as a joke. It got 33 posts and 2500+ looks. Scary stuff.

yep, all you, anders.
  • Reply 11 of 14
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    We should all appreciate the work of all the hardworking Mods and Admins a little bit more than we currently do. The whole concept of the AI Forums are to provide an outlet for mac geeks like me; to allow people who share a common interest, neigh, obsession , to share their thoughts, free of negative criticism. I know that sometimes I am not constructive in my posts, but I know that without AppleInsider or like forums, I wouldn't be able to post with such a wonderful community of members. *sniffle* *snort* *hugs* Not many people in the world are interested in the Macintosh platform. If I try to have a 970 related conversation with one of my mundane, PC-using friends, they'll look at me funny, get up, look at me funny again, and then walk away, shaking their head in disbelife of what a geek I am. But the same conversation in the AI Forums would yield excitement and true thought. I am thankful for the AI Forums, and I hope that together we can keep them as positive an friendly as possible. Amen. 8)

[Placebo steps down from the altar]
  • Reply 12 of 14
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Get your nose out of my anus.

Thank you.

• Reply 13 of 14
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

Get your nose out of my anus.

Thank you.

MORE ANUS CREAM NEEDED OVER HERE!

seriously, though, it is a good thing that he posted that because people are just going crazy over the thoughts of "g5, color screened, 80Gig, Bluetooth, AirPort extreme iPods that can also slice, dice, mince, and be nice to your kids...." or something like that

the number of posts were becoming insane, probably, and they were not really need, were they? Who knows...probably not if juan-oo-uan posted that thang

People are going crazy though, over at SpyMac...ugh... people are posting crazy pics in the gallery.... and the best rumors sites are being very conservative about the whole thing to keep their reputation up, because this could break a rumor sites' legitimacy (especially for such a young one as LoopRumors)

am i just rambling now?
  • Reply 14 of 14
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Nebagakid

MORE ANUS CREAM NEEDED OVER HERE!

Breath!!!! I need to Breath!!!!!¨ 8)