best screensavers

zozo
Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
What are your favorite screensavers?

I've been addicted to CosmoSaver. Next day I bought the license since its so cool.

Anyone have other preferences?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 16
    trevormtrevorm Posts: 841member
    I have always liked Flurry even before Apple provided it with OSX.

I must try the one you mentioned.

Additionally I really like making my own, just going through my own photos be it of my dog (Jack) or of pics from bike rides etc.
  • Reply 2 of 16
    The ones I always switch between...

Helios

Fluid

SnowSaver

SpirographX

• Reply 3 of 16
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    My favorite is SolarWinds. It's like Flurry, but more complex, three-dimensional, and it fills the whole screen.
  • Reply 4 of 16
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    my god... Fluids is amazing
  • Reply 5 of 16
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    WOW. Thanks for the Fluid hookup Brad. Looks like I'll be spending the next half hour fiddling with settings. It's massive!
  • Reply 6 of 16
    Fluid is awesome, but it runs so slowly on my TiBook 500 that most of its coolness is lost. Oh well. I have mostly custom screen savers on my comp. I have hundreds of digicam pics and I make screen savers from those.
  • Reply 7 of 16
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    There was one I had called Swirl but it had to render it before it started animating, it's cool if you can find it though, I lost it.
  • Reply 8 of 16
    I love how you can make slideshow screensavers... but it's really annoying how it takes 5-10 minutes for it to start if you have it set to "display in random order." Come on, it should be much faster, it's a simple math operation. Even with hundreds of pictures.
  • Reply 9 of 16
    I really like fluid, but there's too many damn options in here. Does anybody know if there's a preset in here to make it look like an LCD screen is relly fscked? I need to scare the crap out of my girlfriend
  • Reply 10 of 16
    One way to do that is to set the screen to white on black (I think the shortcut is command-option-control-8 ) and then go into your Displays prefs or just the menubar and set it to "Millions" of colors instead of 256. White on black w/ 256 colors gives you grayscale, but white on black w/ Millions looks like everything is inverted. AND it would be funny, because it wouldn't even stop when she started using it - you can still use your computer normally.
  • Reply 11 of 16
    Ok thanks, didn't even think about using any of that too, I'll try it. I recommend getting the screen saver http://s.sudre.free.fr/Software/Lattice.html and setting it to 'tasty'.
  • Reply 12 of 16
    danmacmandanmacman Posts: 773member
    My current and new favorite. Enjoy
  • Reply 13 of 16
    gspottergspotter Posts: 342member
    Quote:

Originally posted by iBrowse

I really like fluid, but there's too many damn options in here. Does anybody know if there's a preset in here to make it look like an LCD screen is relly fscked? I need to scare the crap out of my girlfriend

Install Backlight and use Fluid (with the Aqua 3D theme) as Screen Effect Or without the useage of a Screensaver: make a Screenshot with several open windows and set this picture as desktop picture...
  • Reply 14 of 16
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Quote:

Originally posted by trevorM

I have always liked Flurry even before Apple provided it with OSX.

I must try the one you mentioned.

Additionally I really like making my own, just going through my own photos be it of my dog (Jack) or of pics from bike rides etc.

That's mine too.

Back when I used an SGI I loved that famous snipping tile one. It was memorizing.
  • Reply 15 of 16
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    i just saw that Marine Aquarium has been updated so I downloaded it. I have to say, on a 22inch CD it makes for one HELL of an impressive aquarium!!!!
  • Reply 16 of 16
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    My current favorite...