What the iPhone 15 Pro in gray titanium could look like

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    Do people really care that much what colour their phone is? Most people will only ever see their phone colour when it is first bought and when they sell it. The rest of its life it will be hidden by a case. 

It reminds me of the scene from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, when, in Earth's pre-history, a committee of hairdressers, telephone sanitisers, salespeople and the like had been formed to develop the wheel. Arthur Dent, the protagonist, loses his patience with them, "Look you have even invented the wheel yet!". One of the committee stands up and protests, "You tell us what colour it is meant to be!". 
    edited August 2023 jeffharris
  • Reply 22 of 25
    My iPhones immediately go into a case (Incipio Duo), so the color really doesn’t matter very much, since the case covers it entirely.
    I think my iPhone 13 Pro is blue.

I had Titanium PowerBooks, so a titanium iPhone would have a bit of Apple nostalgia tied to it.
  • Reply 23 of 25
    I would like lighter and better battery life, even if it means throttling the CPU for all but games (which I don’t play), including pesky cpu hogging webpages (smarter throttling for Safari would be awesome).  The current specsmanship of X hours of continuous video playback is skewing design choices towards bulkier and heavier phones. 

I downsized from ProMax to Pro for lightness but didn’t like the loss of runtime. Sigh!
    williamlondon
  • Reply 24 of 25
    charlesn said:
    When you pay all this money to own a phone with beautiful industrial design, plus superb fit and finish, it seems a waste to hide it in a case. 
    Until you drop it in the street or a concrete floor. 

I can’t say how many times my phone has fallen. 
    Asphalt, concrete, tile, hardwood floors, down some stairs. I’m careful, too.

We were in the Açores a few years ago eating lunch by the ocean. 
    Somehow my wife’s iPhone 11 Max fell off the table, bounced over the sea wall and onto some rocks 6 or 7 feet below. 
    Thankfully, it was low tide!
    Some nice person managed to get it for her. 
    Luckily it had a case on it, an Incipio Duo and an anti-glare screen protector. No damage.
    muthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 25 of 25
    mayflymayfly Posts: 385member
    Like it or not, a case doesn't just add grip when handling your phone, no matter the shape. There's also the matter of having it in a pocket, or a purse, should the purse fall off a table. Or in my case, a jersey pocket when I'm cycling. I use Speck's Presidio Grip Perfect Clear cases. And I usually get the red color.