Undercharged: iPhone 14 owners complain about lower battery endurance

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 68
    Pro Max still at 98% here. 9 months old.
  • Reply 62 of 68
    It’s terrible! I bought my 14 Pro Max in November 2022 and now I have 88% of battery health. It’s so annoying. + than 10% a year. 😡
    williamlondon
  • Reply 63 of 68
    aiaaia Posts: 181member
    My 13 Pro Max was at 99% max capacity after 12 months. My 14 Pro (non-Max) is only at 94% after just under 10 months. A few months ago when I last checked it was at 98% max capacity, so I was a bit shocked to see it had dropped to 94% (I only decided to check after seeing this article). My usage and charging patterns haven't really changed from when I owned my 13 Pro Max. Of course the 13 Pro Max has a larger battery so we would expect it to maintain a higher max capacity longer (less charge cycles). However I think there may be something to the theory of recent iOS updates causing faster battery drain. Since Appleinsider has access to the battery repair data it would be nice if they did a follow-up on this topic in a few months.
    edited August 2023 williamlondon
  • Reply 64 of 68
    AngmohAngmoh Posts: 25member
    14 Pro already down to 89%. Bought right at launch a year ago. Never saw this drastic decline with any of my previous phones (I get a new one every year). 
    My 10 month old iPhone 14 Pro is at 86%. It also seems to get hot while charging (Apple certified MagSafe charger). It does not get hot during use. I have an iPhone XR which is still at 93%.
  • Reply 65 of 68
    eriamjheriamjh Posts: 1,648member
    My iPhone 12 battery life was garbage after only a year.  The health said 82%.

It’s another year later, 2022.   The health is still at 82%.

I was going to go three years and replace.  Check battery health today at 2 years 9 months old.   82%

So did it degrade a lot and then stop?   Or does Apple manipulate and fake the health reading?  I’m leaning towards the latter.
    edited August 2023 appleinsideruser
  • Reply 66 of 68
    eriamjh said:
    My iPhone 12 battery life was garbage after only a year.  The health said 82%.

It’s another year later, 2022.   The health is still at 82%.

I was going to go three years and replace.  Check battery health today at 2 years 9 months old.   82%

So did it degrade a lot and then stop?   Or does Apple manipulate and fake the health reading?  I’m leaning towards the latter.
    I guess you could use CoconutBattery to get a second opinion. But it probably relies on Apple generated info:

muthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 67 of 68
    mrkk2mrkk2 Posts: 1member
    iPhone 14 Pro bought in September 2022, and it’s currently at 86%. The battery on this phone is definitely the worst out of all the recent iPhones I’ve had.
  • Reply 68 of 68
    My SE 2nd generation is a bit over 2 years old.  Still showing 100%.  I usually use standard (not fast) charging with an Apple charger.  Use case is different from most:  I only power on the SE when I need to receive a two factor authentication code, or when land line is down, or when wide area network connection is down.  Hope batteries on Mac, iPhone and Prius last a few more years.  (VW says they should have solid state batteries by 2026, at half the weight, half the cost, half the size, with much faster charging, and much better safety).  

I have an objection to 12 volt car batteries and power backup batteries that only last 3 to 4 years.  Some of these are a good deal more expensive to replace than an iPhone or Android battery.  Don't even mention the class action against HP over inkjet cartridges (defective product claim for requiring cartridges for faxing and scanning).