Steve Jobs must be livid!

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I just thought of what Steve Jobs must be going through right now. If the G5 rumors are indeed true, then they represent not an information leak, but a geyser of secrets flowing out of Apple's skunkworks. So many sites have reported on the G5, that I get the feeling more than one source is involved. If so, then this is bigger than anything Worker Bee ever did. I shows that there are potentially legions of people breaking their NDAs to spill the beans about the newest Powermacs.

Steve Jobs must be going through hell right now. I wonder, how many things he's thrown, how many people he's verbally abused, how whacked-out his vital signs are. He is probably in a state of constant rage, fuming and stewing over the rumors, lashing out at anyone near him. I'd hate to be working with Steve Jobs right now.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 16
    Or he's laughing his ass off, because all the information "leaked" is wrong. Because, come MWSF, Apple will release the G6.
  • Reply 2 of 16
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Or maybe he is scared. With those rumors NOW everyone believes we will see a G5 or a significantly faster G4s.

I can't imagine how frighten Steve Jobs is now if he really knows that Apple can't deliver anything we hope for in MWSF 02

Anyone remebers MWSF 2000. No new hardware, just that boring iTool, Genie Effects demos.....
  • Reply 3 of 16
    He he, I suppose that's the other side of the coin.

But you gotta wonder...if these rumors are all false, then Jobs is going to get on stage at MWSF knowing that he will never meet everyone's expectations. Expectations based on rumors.

If there are no G5s, Jobs might as well make a reference to all the rumors. He could joke around about it or something, "I know you were counting on the G5 powermac, but did you all honestly think Apple would jump from 867 MHz to 1.6 GHz! You're all a bunch of bozos!"
  • Reply 4 of 16
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    Supposedly the rumors are leaking from PPC manufacturers, not from Apple employees, right?

Dang it this is frustrating. I'm trying to advise someone on a Christmas Mac purchase, and there may be G4 iMacs or G5s coming out afterwards.

If they buy the iMac and new ones come out, they wouldn't understand how their brand new computer is outdated. On the other hand, if they don't buy the iMac for Christmas and hold off a week, and the new iMac does NOT appear, then I look like a fool again.
  • Reply 5 of 16
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    Whatever is coming, how could you in good conscience recommend the current iMac to anyone? For similar money you can get a beautiful iBook that just gives up a little storage, but gains an exponential quantity of convenience/productivity for its owner. This from the unabated disciple of the Netwon? tsk tsk.
  • Reply 6 of 16
    eat@meeat@me Posts: 321member
    Or maybe he will announce a new iMac running "Intel Inside" Pentium 4. Or maybe

re-announce the G4 saying that there is no need to go any higher as there is LOTS of LIFE left in it......
  • Reply 6 of 16
    [quote]Originally posted by Junkyard Dawg:

<strong>But you gotta wonder...if these rumors are all false, then Jobs is going to get on stage at MWSF knowing that he will never meet everyone's expectations. Expectations based on rumors.</strong><hr></blockquote>

So in other words, the same situation as every other expo?
  • Reply 8 of 16
    gordygordy Posts: 1,004member

<strong>Expectations based on rumors.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Hmm. It happens every year. Steve should be used to it by now.
  • Reply 9 of 16
    Yeah it happens every year, but the caliber of this year's rumors is a bit higher, don't you think? 1.6 GHz G5 powermacs w/ Aqua accelerator chips, 400 MHz bus, and a $999 16" iMac LCD 1 GHZ G4 to go with it.

Most Expos don't have rumors this big floating around.
  • Reply 10 of 16
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member

<strong>Yeah it happens every year, but the caliber of this year's rumors is a bit higher, don't you think? 1.6 GHz G5 powermacs w/ Aqua accelerator chips, 400 MHz bus, and a $999 16" iMac LCD 1 GHZ G4 to go with it.

Most Expos don't have rumors this big floating around.</strong><hr></blockquote>

agreed.
  • Reply 11 of 16
    [quote]Most Expos don't have rumors this big floating around. <hr></blockquote>

I remeber a little expo called MWNY 2001. Legend has it that before the keynote, the mac web was chock-full of rumors about a "flat panel imac" It had to be big, they said, because apple even did in-house translation of promo material. But what did we get? More HD, faster g3s, blah blah. We didn't even get new colors!

In the end, half of the posters to rumor boards swore off the mac and apple because they were "dissapointed" that there wasn't a 1.2 GHz 17in lcd imac.
  • Reply 12 of 16
    well, i'm sure people would feel A LITTLE bit better if thinksecret is right about 1.4 ghz G4......that wouldn't be too shabby
  • Reply 13 of 16
    I dislike all these dumb ass rumors myself... you people get all worked up and freaked out about some Obscenly outrageous claims you read about a processor that is out, that for all we know could be deisnged for an ALPO making machine and the info got garbled in the pipeline somewhere...it happens every time, people get all worked up, get let down and these boards become a breeding ground for "Apple Sucks!" and "Apple is doomed because..." threads...

Mac Guru
  • Reply 14 of 16
    addisonaddison Posts: 1,185member
    [Q]Well if we tone down the predictions, look at the dissapointements of previous years, what do we get.

[A] Is still fantastic new machines. Looks like 2002 could be a vintage year for Apple.

LCD everywhere

Ghz everywhere

OS X reaches maturity.

Question is what is left to do ... retire perhapps?
  • Reply 15 of 16
    I guess you all forgot about all the G4 rumors running rampant before it's release. It was no different than the G5 rumors flying. Just deal with it.
  • Reply 16 of 16
    If Apple didn't keep everything such a damn secret...THERE WOULDN'T EVER BE ANY RUMORS!!! And Jobs wouldn't have to deal with super-high expectations.