Comments

• Reply 1 of 47
    Beige!!!
  • Reply 2 of 47
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

Well, this is a tough 'un.

I went with white matte like the iMac. I think the nice clean white would be a refressing change. I like the look of it.

Like from Gandolf the Grey(Quicksilver) to Gandolf the White.(iMac/iBook)

I think we'll see metal, and silver-ish though. Maybe White, and chrome?

DON"T POST PICS. THERE IS ANOTHER THREAD FOR THAT.
  • Reply 3 of 47
    theflythefly Posts: 72member
    I'd prefer to have it while like the eMac with the white painted on the inside of clear plastic.

The base of the iMac tends to get smugged and dirty with exessive use (not necessary a problem in home or for a tower).

But I think the eMac has a much nicer look to it.

theFly

Fly on the Mac

www.flyonthemac.com
  • Reply 4 of 47
    Quote:

Originally posted by TheFly

I'd prefer to have it while like the eMac with the white painted on the inside of clear plastic.

The base of the iMac tends to get smugged and dirty with exessive use (not necessary a problem in home or for a tower).

But I think the eMac has a much nicer look to it.

theFly

Fly on the Mac

www.flyonthemac.com

I thought they were the same.

Stupid Fat Hobbit...

Little did I know being a PowerMac owner.
  • Reply 5 of 47
    Some futuristic design that morphs shape!

if you have no PCi cards, if morphs to a cube.. But if you have multiple PCI cards, harddrives, etc. it morphs into a super-duper-Xserver.. Or something..
  • Reply 6 of 47
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    You didnt have my option. Brushed Metal like the new pBooks and plastic like the current towers. Chrome apple logo on the side.
  • Reply 7 of 47
    theflythefly Posts: 72member
    Quote:

Originally posted by onlooker

I thought they were the same.

Stupid Fat Hobbit...

Little did I know being a PowerMac owner.

Not quite, I believe the back of the iBook and the eMac are similiar, which has the glossy look to it, but the base of the iMac is matte, as you talked about in your first post.

theFly
  • Reply 8 of 47
    Quote:

Originally posted by TheFly

Not quite, I believe the back of the iBook and the eMac are similiar, which has the glossy look to it, but the base of the iMac is matte, as you talked about in your first post.

theFly

Ok, well I guess I like the glossy then; not matte. I didn't look that close at it when I was at the apple store. I always gawk at the PowerMac's, and wonder how much longer I can hold out for PC like speed.
  • Reply 9 of 47
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    pink
  • Reply 10 of 47
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    It will be a CPU of many colors (as Joseph's amazing technicolor dreamcoat). Remember the reports of color morphing plastics. Whatever, it will look nothing like the current PowerMac. We will all be surprised I suspect.
  • Reply 11 of 47
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Ooops...I titled it wrong. I meant "what do YOU want the beast to look like",as opposed to "the beast will look like". This a preference/prayer poll.
  • Reply 12 of 47
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    This is the best thread ever.
  • Reply 13 of 47
    strobestrobe Posts: 369member
    It will look like I spooged all over it...

...because I will
  • Reply 14 of 47
  • Reply 15 of 47
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Quote:

Originally posted by strobe

It will look like I spooged all over it...

...because I will

Maybe not if it looks like this:

• Reply 16 of 47
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Oh my.
  • Reply 17 of 47
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    I think they should use the 'ocean' prism-color-changing automotive paint. http://falcon-nw.com/gallery/exotix/...se.asp?page=80
  • Reply 18 of 47
    rhumgodrhumgod Posts: 1,289member
    More than likely, some kind of color changer...or at least shade changer. Remember the patent they applied for a while ago...
  • Reply 19 of 47
    kroehlkroehl Posts: 164member
    It will be a full tower. It will have 5 drive bays in the front + it will feature a new inovative drive for magnetic medium. Cheap in price and small and compact this medium is 3.25" in diameter and has amazing storage capacity - more than enough for easily transporting all your Word 5.0 documents. There will be a large power button on the top-front which goes click when you push it along with a couple of green LEDs which blink when the disks are working. All connectors and ports will be featured on the back of the box which will come in a nice, slightly rough shade of beigy-grey - possibly with some nice blue, curvy plastic high-lights but the jury is still out on this point.

It'll be really kewl.

Kroehl.
  • Reply 20 of 47
    netromacnetromac Posts: 863member
    That was surreal?