Who at Apple thought getting rid of fast Watch Face switching in watchOS 10 was a good idea?

Posted:
in Apple Watch edited October 2023
Ugh. My Apple Watch was just automatically upgraded to WatchOS 10. Who at Apple decided that switching watch faces just wasn't an interesting thing for people to do? I do this all the freakin time because I can use it to so easily switch between lots of different types of information which show at a glance. Apple considers all of us switching to Widgets was so important that they had to take away left right swiping which isn't even reused for some new purpose? WTF Apple! 

Double ugh!

And yes, I know you can hold press the watch face, switching to configure mode, and then switch between watch faces. That makes for one utterly horrid UI to get a feature that they once touted as one of the really great and unique features for these devices. 

Triple ugh!

Sorry. Just felt the need to vent at the internet. 

Quadruple ugh!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    sphericspheric Posts: 2,564member
    Weird. My watch occasionally switched watch faces on its own before watchOS 10. 

I have no trouble holding my finger on the dial for three seconds before doing exactly the same thing to switch faces as the last seven years I’ve owned an Apple Watch. 

I’d be fine if you just blamed me, but I actually never suggested this improvement (it is an improvement for me) to Apple. 
    edited October 2023
  • Reply 2 of 3
    spheric said:

I have no trouble holding my finger on the dial for three seconds before doing exactly the same thing to switch faces as the last seven years I’ve owned an Apple Watch. 

I’d be fine if you just blamed me, but I actually never suggested this improvement (it is an improvement for me) to Apple. 
    So, removing a feature that you only ever used by accident isn't a problem for you. Why even comment? 
  • Reply 3 of 3
    sphericspheric Posts: 2,564member
    spheric said:

So, removing a feature that you only ever used by accident isn't a problem for you. Why even comment? 
    Wow, choosing hostility over reading comprehension is an interesting option. 

It was a feature that would activate accidentally, and that — in my experience — is no less accessible, but no longer accidentally switches on me. 

I bothered replying because I am literally one of those people who thinks this is a good idea (even though I don’t work at apple), and I thought, given that you are obviously invested enough in the feature to go on an online forum to rant about it, you might be interested in an explanation as to WHY I think it’s a good change. 

I apologise for having misread your one-way broadcast as an interest in communication. 
    muthuk_vanalingam