Attended Apple Shareholders Meeting Today!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Got to attend the yearly shareholders meeting. Steve was there in his black collarless shirt and levis, along with 3 other board members including Al Gore.

All 6 board members were elected, all with over 80 percent of the vote except Al, who got 90+ percent and jokingly asked if getting the most votes mattered in this election. Steve said that no one asked for a recount, but the day was still young.

After the formal meeting, the Q&A included questions about the music service, drawing a "no comments on unannounced products" response from Steve. Also got asked about competitive issues, and Steve assured all that they recognized the problems and were doing the best to resolve any issues along those lines.

Phil Schiller mentioned the rumor sites and cautioned people that at least 80% of rumors were "off-the-wall". Steve also said that most were not correct, but some were. Hmmmm.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    From Think Secret:

- A person expressed concern over dealership contract renewal. Cook responded saying that dealerships representing less than 0.2% of Apple's revenue didn't re-sign. He also said that some dealerships re-signed after the deadline, and that the number of signed-on dealerships will only go up with time.

Jobs added, humorously, that 100% of the Apple Retail stores decided to renew their contracts.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    netromacnetromac Posts: 863member
    Think Secret also have some notes about this.

[edit: as MacsRGood4U has already found out ]
  • Reply 3 of 11
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

Jobs added, humorously...

I think I found a new sig.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    jaredjared Posts: 639member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

Jobs added, humorously, that 100% of the Apple Retail stores decided to renew their contracts. [/B]

This is why Apple went into retail to begin with. So, like their computer model, they have control over the whole widget. I do not understand how Apple lets some people in the channel get away with some of the things they do...

One store here buys the Apple DVD media, and sells each DVD as an individual for six dollars! And last time I checked this was the 2x media...
  • Reply 5 of 11
    So 80% of rumors talk about the IBM PPC970, while just about 20% talk about the AMD theory!

Ooops, sorry, but it does make you go Hmmmm!

God I love my Mac.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    algolalgol Posts: 833member
    Why did they elect Al Gore as director? Political connections or someting? I don't get it. Gore's an idiot! Does anyone really believe he actually won the election? Although, with all of Bush's crazy take over the middle east crap, I sometimes wonder if Gore wouldn't have been better. Oh well, at least they didn't elect Hillary.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by Algol

Why did they elect Al Gore as director? Political connections or someting? I don't get it. Gore's an idiot! Does anyone really believe he actually won the election? Although, with all of Bush's crazy take over the middle east crap, I sometimes wonder if Gore wouldn't have been better. Oh well, at least they didn't elect Hillary.

That's the weirdest political opinion I've heard here. You should post in AppleOutsider!
  • Reply 8 of 11
    dstranathandstranathan Posts: 1,717member
    Ponton

How do you get invited to one of those meetings, anyway? Can ANY shareholder go? Whats the deal? How do I get in on the shindig?
  • Reply 9 of 11
    pontonponton Posts: 43member
    To attend, you just have to be a stockholder. I only have 100 shares, but all stockholders get notices of the meeting. If you're close (I only live about 6 miles from Apple) you can attend.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    Lol, just out of curiosity, approx how many shareholders actually attended the meeting?
  • Reply 11 of 11
    pontonponton Posts: 43member
    We sat in an auditorium that probably held about 200-300 people, plus there were overflow rooms. Probably no more that 400+ total. Most shareholders just send in their proxies.