damn nurses...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
ok, so i go into the hospital for surgery today and the angiogram requires a catheter in my groin area. more women got to look and touch my penis today than in the rest of my life combined...

it's like a new nurse would come over and "check" the wound every five minutes. it's still there! you don't have to check every damn minute! bah...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 16
    stunnedstunned Posts: 1,096member
    The nurses in that hospital probably never seen something that big.
  • Reply 2 of 16
    even the male nurse got a good look.
  • Reply 3 of 16
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    Maybe they see something they like...

... a man suffering, in the genitiilia area.

hahaha
  • Reply 4 of 16
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    I'm thinking you must have something nice down there. In a hospital they've seen it all so if they take a second look you must really have something
  • Reply 5 of 16
    beware of the penquins....they give me the shivers....
  • Reply 6 of 16
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Just out of curiosity, why are you geting an angiogram? What did you do to yourself?
  • Reply 7 of 16
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Just by curiosity, why do you make an another thread about this subject, wheren't you the one, who made the same thread some months ago ?

Nurses seems to be a great object of fantasm for you ?
  • Reply 8 of 16
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member
    were they all struggling to control laughter as they left?

best bedside manner one-liner?
  • Reply 9 of 16
    jrcjrc Posts: 817member
    Quote:

Originally posted by _ alliance _

ok, so i go into the hospital for surgery today and the angiogram requires a catheter in my groin area. more women got to look and touch my penis today than in the rest of my life combined...

it's like a new nurse would come over and "check" the wound every five minutes. it's still there! you don't have to check every damn minute! bah...

Be careful. I just found out that DVT, which David Bloom died from, is more likely once you have had a cather procedure like you describe. That interests me because I had one recently, as well. Plus, my retinalogist (sp?) said that those angiograms can kill you. Scared me to death.
  • Reply 10 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

Just out of curiosity, why are you geting an angiogram? What did you do to yourself?

i have an AVM in the frontal lobe of my brain, and had the angiogram before having gamma knife treatment yesterday (radiation therapy).
  • Reply 11 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by Powerdoc

Just by curiosity, why do you make an another thread about this subject, wheren't you the one, who made the same thread some months ago ?

Nurses seems to be a great object of fantasm for you ?

heh, yeah this trip to the hospital was much different than the one too weeks ago, and didnt feel like digging up the other thread. and yes, nurses scare me.
  • Reply 12 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by JRC

Be careful. I just found out that DVT, which David Bloom died from, is more likely once you have had a cather procedure like you describe. That interests me because I had one recently, as well. Plus, my retinalogist (sp?) said that those angiograms can kill you. Scared me to death.

yes, i heard the same thing. i didnt want to have to have another one, but it was the only way to know for sure the exact size of the growth. it is one of the worst procedures i know of. the worst is the frame they use for the gamma knife in which they have to drill four screws into your head to use as reference to know exactly where to shoot the radiation.

oh well. got another angio to look forward to in a couple years...
  • Reply 13 of 16
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    Quote:

the worst is the frame they use for the gamma knife in which they have to drill four screws into your head to use as reference to know exactly where to shoot the radiation.

i dunno. i really didn't like the one where they took a linebacker sized guy who grabbed 'hold of my ankle that was hanging a few inches off the end of my leg and rotated 180º the wrong direction. then bracing himself against the foot of the gurney while I braced against the bed and he pulled and twisted, the entire time without any pain killers. took him three tries before there was blood flow back into my foot.

that one pretty much sucked ass.
  • Reply 14 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by alcimedes

i dunno. i really didn't like the one where they took a linebacker sized guy who grabbed 'hold of my ankle that was hanging a few inches off the end of my leg and rotated 180º the wrong direction. then bracing himself against the foot of the gurney while I braced against the bed and he pulled and twisted, the entire time without any pain killers. took him three tries before there was blood flow back into my foot.

that one pretty much sucked ass.

i'll have to remember that one next time i'm bored and wander into a hospital.
  • Reply 15 of 16
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Alliance , i wish you a quick recovery and no more problems of health.

One of my surgeon friend, just remove what i supposed to be a minor skin cancer of my forearm. My own nurses took me in charge, that's was strange to be in the other side of the table
  • Reply 16 of 16
    _ alliance __ alliance _ Posts: 2,070member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Powerdoc

My own nurses took me in charge, that's was strange to be in the other side of the table

haha, i understand that completely. i'm going into the medical field, and i'm taking turns being the patient and working on patients.

and thank you. everything is going smoothly despite all this crap. my tolerance for pain is beyond what most people can even comprehend.